The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #351
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I will not suspend my disbelief. It can't happen unless he is being shown with superior mechanization. It just can't happen, Arms.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #352
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I will not suspend my disbelief. It can't happen unless he is being shown with superior mechanization. It just can't happen, Arms.
A lot of what Superman does in the film can't really happen either. His powers are quite silly when you really think about it. And yet, you suspend your disbelief in that regard. Where's the love for Bats?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #353
ABadJoke
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm a bigger Supes fan than a Batman fan
O rly? Never woulda guessed.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #354
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
A lot of what Superman does in the film can't really happen either. His powers are quite silly when you really think about it. And yet, you suspend your disbelief in that regard. Where's the love for Bats?
I have no love for Bats....didn't you know.

Seriously, in this world, Bats can't and shouldn't be shown to save the day. He can do so with superior intelligence, but with nothing else...at least in mhy view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABadJoke View Post
O rly? Never woulda guessed.
Most people on the board know this...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #355
ABadJoke
Side-Kick

Yeah, I was kidding, it's obvious with your choosing of what's realistic in "this world" where there's only been one movie.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #356
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

MOS was the "first" movie for DC/WB's CU....so what else should I base it off of?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #357
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Seriously, in this world, Bats can't and shouldn't be shown to save the day. He can do so with superior intelligence, but with nothing else...at least in mhy view.
I'm not sure why you keep saying "this world". It's fiction. He can do whatever the script says he can do. You're acting like the world established in MoS is devoid of inconsistency.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #358
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
I'm not sure why you keep saying "this world". It's fiction. He can do whatever the script says he can do. You're acting like the world established in MoS is devoid of inconsistency.
Yes, but it is fiction based of an established set of rules. Meaning in this world there are no other meta humans except Superman. How can you expect Bats to deal with a threat he has not seen before?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #359
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Yes, but it is fiction based of an established set of rules. Meaning in this world there are no other meta humans except Superman. How can you expect Bats to deal with a threat he has not seen before?
I don't know if all the same rules that governed MoS are still in play as far as the sequel goes (and they didn't all make sense in the first place anyway). Hell, I don't even know if it's a sequel or not!

Quote:
How can you expect Bats to deal with a threat he has not seen before?
It's just a movie, Huntress. I expect the guys that make the big bucks to figure that all out.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #360
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, one thing is for sure.... our minds will likely be blown by the trailers that we get from this film.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #361
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
I don't know if all the same rules that governed MoS are still in play as far as the sequel goes (and they didn't all make sense in the first place anyway). Hell, I don't even know if it's a sequel or not!
It should be a sequel...but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

Quote:
It's just a movie, Huntress. I expect the guys that make the big bucks to figure that all out.
LOL...yet we pay for these movies. We make the "big bucks" by paying for the movie, and I don't care what people say. Comic fans do make a difference. We are the investiture of any new CBMs.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #362
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, one thing is for sure.... our minds will likely be blown by the trailers that we get from this film.
With Larry Fong involved, that's a given.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #363
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That is one thing Synder is good for....for sure.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #364
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
LOL...yet we pay for these movies. We make the "big bucks" by paying for the movie, and I don't care what people say. Comic fans do make a difference. We are the investiture of any new CBMs.
I hear you. I'm just saying it's their job to make a damn good script so that we don't have to worry about things like how Batman does what when he first encounters Superman. That's the least of what I'm worried about in this film anyhow.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #365
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
That is one thing Synder is good for....for sure.
The first teaser is going to be Batman breaking Superman's neck with kryptonite gloves followed by a video of Gal Gadot lip-synching to a very bad song.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #366
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm actually wondering if the change in tone and look for this film will be similar to what's going on with the Spider-Man franchise.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, this may just be a personal opinion of mine, but I feel like the aesthetics/look/tone of the current Spider-Man film is different from its predecessor.

The first one used more darker color filters and presented more of a realistic looking world, while the second one is going all out with the technology and usage of color... so with all of these DC heroes coming and with Larry Fong returning, I wonder if we can expect something similar in terms of potential changes.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #367
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
The first teaser is going to be Batman breaking Superman's neck with kryptonite gloves followed by a video of Gal Gadot lip-synching to a very bad song.
Stop that!....lololol
Quote:
I hear you. I'm just saying it's their job to make a damn good script so that we don't have to worry about things like how Batman does what when he first encounters Superman. That's the least of what I'm worried about in this film anyhow.
Here's the problem with WB....watch all their CBMs then try to figure out what is their plan. Then think about that today?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #368
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
The first one used more darker color filters and presented more of a realistic looking world, while the second one is going all out with the technology and usage of color... so with all of these DC heroes coming and with Larry Fong returning, I wonder if we can expect something similar in terms of potential changes.
I certainly hope so.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #369
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, if this film uses the likes of Batman, Wonder Woman, and even Flash right....then this film can really do even more wonders for Superman's character and in the way he's perceived by the general audience and fans.

I'm hoping that by using the characters mentioned above, that it'll help push Superman's story forward and show him in a better light as well when paired up next to all them...

Plus, if Lex Luthor is the main villain for this film, the fact that he could potentially pose a threat that could require all of the heroes mentioned above to work together would definitely help restore his image as well given that he's been stuck with real estate schemes for the last few films.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #370
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Honestly, if this film uses the likes of Batman, Wonder Woman, and even Flash right....then this film can really do even more wonders for Superman's character and in the way he's perceived by the general audience and fans.

I'm hoping that by using the characters mentioned above, that it'll help push Superman's story forward and show him in a better light as well when paired up next to all them...

Plus, if Lex Luthor is the main villain for this film, the fact that he could potentially pose a threat that could require all of the heroes mentioned above to work together would definitely help restore his image as well given that he's been stuck with real estate schemes for the last few films.
I suspect they're going to use flashbacks and such a la Watchmen to link the past with the present (seen) version of the DCCU.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #371
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just hope they don't forget about the people... like they did in MOS.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #372
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
You can't be more right.

The first full trailer for MoS was pure greatness.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #373
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm pretty sure Snyder will have some footage to present as well at next year's comic con, since if he starts filming in February, then he'll have had at least nearly 5 months worth of footage to choose from...assuming if CC takes place in July.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #374
Daywalker89
In Zion I await my spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I just hope they don't forget about the people... like they did in MOS.
Sigh, That should/might be expanded on in the BvS film. This whole ' Destruction talk ' really annoys me it happens in every CBM but some people here and the GA keep harping on about it . Get over it ., thats what happens when kryptonians are in town. I tell you what though i was a bit bewildered by people just standing there and watching buildings falling down. In realistic circumstances the city would of been evacuated. there asses would of been long gone.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #375
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker89 View Post
Sigh, That should/might be expanded on in the BvS film. This whole ' Destruction talk ' really annoys me it happens in every CBM but some people here and the GA keep harping on about it . Get over it ., thats what happens when kryptonians are in town. I tell you what though i was a bit bewildered by people just standing there and watching buildings falling down. In realistic circumstances the city would of been evacuated. there asses would of been long gone.
Yea, it always irritates me when people say that type of destruction never happens in any other Superman franchises.

They kind of got the ideal for people standing around from comics.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Closed Thread