Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #51
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think there is leeway with characters that aren't part of the GA knowledge…much like Blade who was so far from his comic version it's not funny. We've seen Superman and Batman countless times that when you deviate from what has come before…it feels like they got the character wrong.
Yeah, that's true. The challenge, I think, with those particular ones it's such a challenge to get them right without copying what was done before. A lot of people don't like Bale's Batman voice, for example, but would it have been better if he just copied Keaton's voice? I don't know. And some people didn't like Superman in MOS being unsure of himself and a bit reckless, but at least these things differentiated him from the Reeve Superman without taking him too far of the rails, IMO.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #52
Marvin
Side-Kick

If GL is to ever come back they need to ditch the Hal Jordan style of "lanterning" and embrace the Rayner stuff.
Enough of this guy just standing or floating around pointing his fist and shooting people, then making a shield bubble then making constructs out kids coloring books.

Every time that Tron Legacy trailer played I cursed GL.
Don't just make a bike to race down the streets after the villain...use alittle imagination. That's how you will give audiences of all ages something to grab onto when it comes to ring. "most powerful weapon in the universe" did I even hear that once in the film?

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #53
KillerMcQueen
The Foolhardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If GL is to ever come back they need to ditch the Hal Jordan style of "lanterning" and embrace the Rayner stuff.
Enough of this guy just standing or floating around pointing his fist and shooting people, then making a shield bubble then making constructs out kids coloring books.

Every time that Tron Legacy trailer played I cursed GL.
Don't just make a bike to race down the streets after the villain...use alittle imagination. That's how you will give audiences of all ages something to grab onto when it comes to ring. "most powerful weapon in the universe" did I even hear that once in the film?
OT, but I would love to see Rayner on film, I want them to get creative with the ring's powers.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #54
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Fair warning, might ramble off here...

(1) Gal Godot as WW - cautiously optimistic, probably one of the better choices so far. Don't believe me? In the past, WB wanted Sandra Bullock in the role, then officially (100%) offered it to Jessica Biel in George Millers JL: Mortal, which eventually went to model Megan Gale. We've also had Adrianne palicki on TV. All hot women (Bullock included), only 1 can act. NONE fit the role of the exotic Amazonian woman.

That brings up another point. 4 candidates were up for the role of WW - Jaimie Alexander, Gal Godot, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung. At the risk of sounding prejudiced, do you notice the odd one out? Apart from Alexander, all the other actresses tested had foreign looks. So why was JA in the mix? Was she a studio choice (like Katie Holmes in BB or Garner in Daredevil), due to the potential success of Thor? If true, that means Godot was The FILMMAKERS choice (Like Craig for Bond, or Bale for Batman). Hmm...

(2) the announcement states that Godot will play WW - not Diana, or any other aliases. That suggests that unlike Star Trek Into Darkness or even Iron Man 2, the character 'reveal' will not be a big part of the film - her identity is recognised in the film.

The other part of WW's casting was that she would a love interest of Bruce Wayne. So either we have an IM2- type scenario where Batman slowly discovers who Diana/WW is in the film. The only problem with this? Batman is NOT the lead character in the film, IT IS A MOS SEQUEL (remember this.). What if Bruce and Diana are already aware of each other/have a history?

Then we have another trades report that the Flash will make an appearance in the film as well. Suddenly the film looks like a JL movie after all.

BUT the studio have kept saying it IS a MOS sequel, even registering domain names.

The final reports - the villains in the movie have NOT been confirmed, so we don't know about Lex, Metallo, Doomsday. So far, the only confirmed actor in contention is Callan Mulvey, someone who seems to only fit the role of Metallo. However, the casting has been regarded as THE villain, singular.

So put all this together, and what do you get? A JL movie?

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

How about.... A MOS sequel?

All you have to do is one thing...

Make Superman the 'villain'.

What if Flash, WW and Batman, etc. Are all aware of each other, and have decided to come to Metropolis to stop the threat of a 'Superman', a being who can kill people with his bare hands, and who's race tried to destroy the world?

What if Superman has to prove himself to these 'heroes', especially to the one who is most distrustful (and most human)?

What if eventually the need for Superman is established by the emergence of a new villain, that only he can stop?

THAT sounds like an MOS sequel to me...

Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #55
smallville fan
Hero

I think the film will be an analogy to Iron Man 2 with obvious adjustments. When it comes down to it, it will be:

Superman=Iron Man
Batman=War Machine
Wonder Woman=Black Widow
Lois Lane=Pepper Potts
Lex Luthor=Justin Hammer
Metallo/Deathstroke=Ivan Vanko
Bat Drones=Vanko's armored Iron Drones

I guess this is probably what they're aiming for? Except I see a lesser role for Wonder Woman, she probably won't even suit up until the end.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #56
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-sci View Post

(1) Gal Godot as WW - cautiously optimistic, probably one of the better choices so far. Don't believe me? In the past, WB wanted Sandra Bullock in the role, then officially (100%) offered it to Jessica Biel in George Millers JL: Mortal, which eventually went to model Megan Gale. We've also had Adrianne palicki on TV. All hot women (Bullock included), only 1 can act. NONE fit the role of the exotic Amazonian woman.

That brings up another point. 4 candidates were up for the role of WW - Jaimie Alexander, Gal Godot, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung. At the risk of sounding prejudiced, do you notice the odd one out? Apart from Alexander, all the other actresses tested had foreign looks. So why was JA in the mix? Was she a studio choice (like Katie Holmes in BB or Garner in Daredevil), due to the potential success of Thor? If true, that means Godot was The FILMMAKERS choice (Like Craig for Bond, or Bale for Batman). Hmm...

(2) the announcement states that Godot will play WW - not Diana, or any other aliases. That suggests that unlike Star Trek Into Darkness or even Iron Man 2, the character 'reveal' will not be a big part of the film - her identity is recognised in the film.

The other part of WW's casting was that she would a love interest of Bruce Wayne. So either we have an IM2- type scenario where Batman slowly discovers who Diana/WW is in the film. The only problem with this? Batman is NOT the lead character in the film, IT IS A MOS SEQUEL (remember this.). What if Bruce and Diana are already aware of each other/have a history?

Then we have another trades report that the Flash will make an appearance in the film as well. Suddenly the film looks like a JL movie after all.

BUT the studio have kept saying it IS a MOS sequel, even registering domain names.

The final reports - the villains in the movie have NOT been confirmed, so we don't know about Lex, Metallo, Doomsday. So far, the only confirmed actor in contention is Callan Mulvey, someone who seems to only fit the role of Metallo. However, the casting has been regarded as THE villain, singular.

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

What if Flash, WW and Batman, etc. Are all aware of each other, and have decided to come to Metropolis to stop the threat of a 'Superman', a being who can kill people with his bare hands, and who's race tried to destroy the world?

What if Superman has to prove himself to these 'heroes', especially to the one who is most distrustful (and most human)?

What if eventually the need for Superman is established by the emergence of a new villain, that only he can stop?

Very interesting. Hmmm.... You do have me thinking here.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #57
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

Damn, that was well-thought out and brilliant.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #58
theShape
Creature of Darkness

The "make Superman the villain" idea is actually pretty solid and would be an interesting spin for a film like this. However, I don't think I could stand another two years of Superman fans whining about it and boycotting the film.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 12-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #59
Booznian
The Return

Brilliant. I approve.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #60
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

This is beautiful! Which role do I play?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #61
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

which would make the man of steel titles make perfect sense and would be really cool to see and dam it even I want to see that movie...

Old 12-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #62
Vlyse

Zack Snyder did say the movie will take inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns comic. (He had that Batman quote read at Comic-Con.)

also I agree, I find it telling that Wonder Woman was specifically announced, not Diana ....in the Batman movies, it was Selina Kyle, John Blake, Miranda Tate (maybe a rogue comparison, but I want to believe, damnit! D: )

Last edited by Vlyse; 12-06-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #63
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I think the film will be an analogy to Iron Man 2 with obvious adjustments. When it comes down to it, it will be:

Superman=Iron Man
Batman=War Machine
Wonder Woman=Black Widow
Lois Lane=Pepper Potts
Lex Luthor=Justin Hammer

I guess this is probably what they're aiming for? Except I see a lesser role for Wonder Woman, she probably won't even suit up until the end.
Credible Theory.
I do think WW will have MAJOR action scenes though .

Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #64
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
Zack Snyder did say the movie will take inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns comic. (He had that Batman quote read at Comic-Con.)

also I agree, I find it telling that Wonder Woman was specifically announced, not Diana ....in the Batman movies, it was Selina Kyle, John Blake, Miranda Tate (maybe a rogue comparison, but I want to believe, damnit! D: )
The Dark Knight Returns ruined Superman by making him the antagonist, so no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Credible Theory.
I do think WW will have MAJOR action scenes though .
Yeah I guess, she could save everyone on the end?

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #65
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

"What if Bruce and Diana are already aware of each other/have a history?"

That's the idea I have in my mind since the film was announced and I only hoped to see Wondie.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #66
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post

He never said the movie will take inspiration from it, as a matter of fact he and Kevin Smith together said that it wont. He used the quote as a cool way to let people know they were doing a Batman/Superman thing.

Can't compare it to how Nolan handled things because it was a different universe that tried not to use the alter ego names too much or at all like Two-Face/Catwoman, etc.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #67
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:

Superman=Iron Man
Batman=War Machine
Wonder Woman=Black Widow
Lois Lane=Pepper Potts
Lex Luthor=Justin Hammer

Uh, no. I highly doubt it. It's unlikely the WB/DC would ever aim to specifically emulate a film like IM2, and I don't think it will unintentionally be similar to IM2, either.

You can't just line up the characters and call the two films even, or something like that. Even if you're trying to compare the amount of screentime each character will get, I still say you'd be wrong. The plots, I'm sure, will be wildly different from one another for starters.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #68
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
The Dark Knight Returns ruined Superman by making him the antagonist, so no thanks.

Yeah I guess, she could save everyone on the end?
I think the difference here is that Superman really was an antagonist in TDKR, while the poster above is proposing an idea where Superman is just viewed as the antagonist by the other heroes, when in fact, it's the other way around.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #69
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

Like it. Showing how superman earn the trust... not only from the people but the other superheroes... problem is the audiences have 0 knowledge about them.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #70
Vlyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
He never said the movie will take inspiration from it, as a matter of fact he and Kevin Smith together said that it wont. He used the quote as a cool way to let people know they were doing a Batman/Superman thing.

Can't compare it to how Nolan handled things because it was a different universe that tried not to use the alter ego names too much or at all like Two-Face/Catwoman, etc.
Oh ok I saw this on Wikipedia
Quote:
Initially, Snyder stated that the film would take inspiration from the comic The Dark Knight Returns.[141]
but my bad, its followed by:

Quote:
However, in November 2013, Snyder clarified that the film would not be based on the novel. "If you were going to do that, you would need a different Superman. We’re bringing Batman into the universe that now this Superman lives in."
Not an adaptation sure. But inspiration, yes though, or they wouldn't be incorporating Batman and use that cool quote.

Can we compare it to past Snyder's movies? I'm not familiar with them, but not even the name Superman was thrown around but once or twice.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #71
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Make Wonder Woman the Villain and have Superman Protect America from Wonder Woman.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #72
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!

Quote:

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

Dude, I am all for this. Paint Superman as public enemy #1 and have him striving to earn the trust of the people of Earth is the right way for this movie to go.

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #73
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Heavenly Hera... NO!!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #74
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Not liking that. I don't like this idea of making Superman prey to the others.

I'll tell you this, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if that is indeed the direction they're going down.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #75
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Even if we had Wonder Woman and flash coming in to help Batman to supposedly take down Superman, unless we're missing something, I thought the general belief was that Superman was the first person on Earth that was discovered by the public to have powers.

So if Flash and Wonder Woman are already operating about as heroes, then why was Clark so afraid that he'd be discovered for his powers when there are already beings with powers going about around the world?

Closed Thread