This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Green Ghost
Side-Kick

Default Tomb Raider (2013)

http://www.fourplayercoop.com/news/4...-first-details

UPDATE:
Okay, the site has removed the pics, but 'zepton' found another link with the info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
Looks like Square Enix lawyers have already moved in. Here you go. 1UP only has one pic but it does feature info on the game.

Quote:
Tomb Raider Origins: Lara Croft Begins? It looks like that may be the direction the long-running series is headed in, as leaked pictures of what is supposedly new concept art suggest the next Tomb Raider game will give Lara her turn at a full-blown reboot.

The pics come by way of an insider "mole" who sent them to Four Player Co-Op (via Joystiq), and are attached to a fairly detailed description of what the concept of the new game might be -- and it sounds like Lara is taking a page out of fellow Brit adventurer Bear Grylls' book. It'll reportedly be an open-world game, with a "young and inexperienced" Lara Croft being marooned on a large and mysterious island. Survival will be a major theme of the game, as well as hunting and being hunted by mysterious enemies (no doubt the weird-looking claw people seen in the pictures). There will also be a new combat system that focuses more on "brutal" melee combat, as well as ranged weapons like guns and, for some reason, a bow.

These pictures also appear to be attached to what may be a survey seeking opinions on the new concept of the game, as one picture has the words "how much do you agree or disagree with each of the following statements?" visible at the bottom. There's also a bullet-point list of new features and ideas included with the images, which have been transcribed bellow:

* Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
* Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
* Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.
* Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.
* Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
* One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
* Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

As usual with these types of leaks, keep in mind that not only is this all unconfirmed to be a legitimate possible concept for the new Tomb Raider, but that even if it is, a lot could still change by the time the game is released anyway.

So, thoughts? Do you like the idea of a meaner, more brutal Lara Croft... who apparently might wield a bow? Think the survival aspects could add an extra level of challenge and complexity to the Tomb Raider series?

Old 12-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Tomb Raider (2013)

I wonder how long before games like the Mass Effect trilogy & the Batman: Arkham games get Next Gen collections

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Tomb Raider (2013)

I think Lara's character model looked better, but otherwise it didn't seem like such a big improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I wonder how long before games like the Mass Effect trilogy & the Batman: Arkham games get Next Gen collections
Hopefully not too long.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: Tomb Raider (2013) - Part 1

I'd guess within 2 years.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

Sleeping Dogs Developer Worked On Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. December 9, 2013 . 2:39am

Crystal Dynamics had a little help from the developer of Sleeping Dogs with the next-gen version of Tomb Raider.

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7SSNTEbcW0s

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in January, and Square Enix have shared a trailer for the game that shows off its enhanced visuals. Additionally, developer Crystal Dynamics have shared a few interesting details on the development of the game.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was worked on by Crystal in collaboration with United Front Games—the developers of Sleeping Dogs—and Nixxes, who have been a longtime collaborator of Crystal Dynamics’ as well. Executive producer Scot Amos revealed this piece of information via the PlayStation Blog today.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be available on January 28th. Square Enix will be charging the full $60 for the game. And no, this isn’t all United Front Games are working on. They’re also hard at work on a new game in the Sleeping Dogs universe.

source:Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Will Have Better Graphics Than PC Say Developers. December 17, 2013 . 1:01pm

Crystal Dynamics have shared further details on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, slated for release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Quote:

Crystal Dynamics have shared further details on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, slated for release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, in a Q&A with fans on their forums. The studio’s executive producer, Scot Amos, fielded a number of questions pertaining to the game’s visuals, framerate and content on the PS4 and Xbox One, and also touched upon differences between the Definitive Edition and the PC version of Tomb Raider.

Development of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition began in January 2012, after work on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game had been concluded. Speaking specifically to the differences between the Definitive Edition and the PC version, Amos stated that the next-gen versions of the game use upgraded character models for Lara and all of the major story NPCs in the game, in addition to the TressFX and higher-resolution textures that were already available on PC.

Additionally, special materials have been added to Lara that change dynamically when she travels through rain or water, wades through mud, or gets blood on herself. An upgraded physics system on the character now affects the items she carries on herself, too, reacting accordingly when she runs, jumps and stumbles. Finally, The next-gen versions of the game also feature a new particle system, new lighting work, enhanced shadows, and other improved graphical details, such as debris, details on walls, more environmental vegetation and so on. These feature updated physics as well, such as wind affecting trees and leaves.

Amos also revealed that the game will run at 1080p on both platforms, but would not commit to a framerate of 60fps, adding that Crystal Dynamics are still optimizing the game and won’t be able to confirm final framerate until January.

In terms of new features, Amos stated that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will allow you to use voice commands for certain tasks on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Voice commands are used as shortcuts into various menus and for things like switching weapons, switching ammo types, and other such features.

When asked if one could expect to see Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on other platforms—specifically PC—Amos stated that, at the moment, Square Enix are only willing to discuss the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game. That said, if other platforms are demanded by fans, Crystal Dynamics are open to exploring opportunities.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be available in January 28th, 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game will include all post-launch DLC and other bonus items, including:
  • “Tomb of the Lost Adventurer” tomb
  • 8 DLC Multiplayer maps
  • 6 Multiplayer weapons
  • 4 Multiplayer characters
  • 6 Alternate outfits for Lara
  • Tomb Raider: The Beginning digital comic
  • Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival artbook
  • The Final Hours of Tomb Raider documentary

We’ll have more news on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition as it is shared.

source:Siliconera

Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
The Hill
Frat House Member

I just wish they wouldn't put so much focus on combat, and more on Lara vs the environment/"tombs" she's raiding. Fighting humans in small amounts and when it's appropriate is fine, but to make it all what it's about.....just no.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
jacobed
Banned User

I loved the combat. Easily the best 3rd person shooter of the year, everything was just so smooth.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 01-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #11
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'm impressed by her new model. This isn't just "more polygons."

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #12
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

To be honest, as great as the game looked, I though Lara looked the worst out of all of the characters because she looked like a cartoon compared to the others. I'm glad to see that they're fixing that up.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
KevanG
Brony

It should make it a bit less obvious anyway.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
Raven X
Nevermore

I was kind of concerned about Lara's new look. something just seemed a bit "off."

but, that new IGN comparison vid looks pretty good and helped alleviate my concerns.

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #15
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I just finished watching the IGN comparison video, and Holy Crap it looks even better. And I love her new face.

Also, something I've noticed about games that get a facelift on a newer console is that one of the biggest changes they make always comes from the contrast. Usually the original looks brighter or cloudier, but when they go back, they normally fix that as well as the lighting and it always makes a big difference.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #16
Raven X
Nevermore

so what's the release date on this?

I thought it was 1/28 for North America ( which is what Gamestop has ).

But Best Buy has it for 2/4/14.

Is that just BB being stupid?? lol

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
jacobed
Banned User

Have they said if there's new game plus or different achievements

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
zenith16
Side-Kick

Tomb Raider Reboot Breaks Into The Black

News
on Jan 17, 2014 at 03:50 PM

Crystal Dynamics' critical success has been followed up with financial success as well.
... More

source:GI

Old 01-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #19
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I think Camilla Luddington, who was the voice and model for the look of Lara in the 2013 Video Game reboot, should also play Lara in the upcoming movie reboot. My other choice would be Hayley Atwell .

Old 01-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #20
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...d-Visuals.html
Video of the improvements

Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #21
Ajendo
Side-Kick

My choice would be Gemma Arteton. She's the spitting image if this new Lara and she not only an actual actress but a very good one too.

Tyrion: I wish to confess...
Ajendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
My choice would be Gemma Arteton. She's the spitting image if this new Lara and she not only an actual actress but a very good one too.
Good pick.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #23
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I'd be fine with that.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
Raven X
Nevermore

the new WW, Gal Gadot, is pretty hot......

so my vote goes to her as a potential Lara.

but Hayley Atwell would be nice, too.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #25
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I think gal resembles lara a bit. Id take her as tomb raider