Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #101
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Disney's Frozen - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Personally, I enjoy "For the First Time in Forever" the most out of all of the songs in the movie.
Same here.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 12-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #102
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Imo, this is easily has the most memorable music in a Disney film since Lion King. I only didn't like the troll song. All the others were great.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #103
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Same here.
It sounded the most like a song that a Disney princess would sing to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
Imo, this is easily has the most memorable music in a Disney film since Lion King. I only didn't like the troll song. All the others were great.
I honestly don't understand what people have against Fixer Upper(the troll song).

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #104
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Quote:
It sounded the most like a song that a Disney princess would sing to me.

I honestly don't understand what people have against Fixer Upper(the troll song).
It's ok by itself, but it's the only song that stops the film dead. Every Disney movie has at least one song that I can live without.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #105
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
It's ok by itself, but it's the only song that stops the film dead. Every Disney movie has at least one song that I can live without.
I see, wow. What's one song in Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin that you can do without?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #106
sueb1863
Side-Kick

The troll song itself isn't bad, it's just its placement. Anna is dying and the trolls push her situation aside to sing a cute song about Kristoff? If they wanted to do this they should have had them come across the trolls earlier in the story when the tone was more relaxed. Then later on they can go back to the trolls when Anna's life is in danger.

It's the same as 'A Guy Like You' in Hunchback, another not-bad song that was placed in a very tense dark moment in the movie when the LAST thing people wanted was a lighthearted romp of a song. They want to see what happens next!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #107
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Did the trolls know that Anna was dying, though? I can't recall.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #108
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Did the trolls know that Anna was dying, though? I can't recall.
No, not until she fainted.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #109
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
No, not until she fainted.
Then I don't see how the trolls can be blamed for not caring if they didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #110
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

See Kristoff brought Anna to meet his family they misunderstood the reason since he wanted to see the elder troll as he was getting married and that they were getting cold feet so the song happens.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #111
X Knight
Saber Class

I liked how Fixer Upper is basically a reverse Kiss the Girl. It's essentially Kiss the Guy.......lol

and For the First Time and Love is an Open Door are definitely the most fun to watch. And that's mainly due to Anna's quirkiness and adorability. Would you see any other Disney princess do the robot?? No......no you wouldn't.

Except for near the end ( obviously ), Anna was such a joy to watch every time she was on screen. I know that there are some Elsa fans who b***h that Anna got too much screen time. While I certainly would have loved if Elsa had more screen time, I understand and accept that Elsa is the secondary protagonist, and Anna's the primary one. She's the character we're meant to go on the journey with.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #112
Leenie
Make Up!

I haven't seen Frozen yet (I plan to within the next few days though!), but "Let It Go" is simply THE best Disney song I've heard since The Lion King, hands down. It is a freaking gorgeous song, and I'm obsessed with it at the moment. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the songs when I see the film!

The previews for Frozen looked HORRIBLE, by the way. I was originally going to skip this movie, but the glowing things I've heard about it + listening to one of the songs has sold me. People keep telling me that the previews/trailers do not do the film justice whatsoever. I can't wait to see it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
SAY WHAT! Tangled is an amazing film, so much better than Princess & the Frog.
Most people say this to me, but I much preferred The Princess and The Frog over Tangled, personally. Neither of these movies rank among my favorite Disney films, though. Enchanted has become an underrated Disney film since it came out in 2007, but THAT movie has been a favorite of mine since The Lion King. Don't know if that counts, since half of the film is live action, but whatever. I still think it's a much better flick than Princess and The Frog and Tangled.

Anyway, I digress: Tangled was all right, and the animation was gorgeous and everything ... But I cannot for the life of me remember a single song from that movie. Alan Menken disappointed me greatly with Tangled's soundtrack (in my opinion). Also, I thought Mother Gothel was a weak villain. Flynn and Maximus pretty much saved the movie for me.

I loved most of the music in The Princess and The Frog (which shocked me, because I am NOT a fan of Randy Newman), I feel that Tiana was a stronger lead character than Rapunzel, and Dr. Facilier is one of the coolest Disney villains in a long time (Keith David, FTW).

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #113
X Knight
Saber Class

so, Frozen, The Croods, and Despicable Me 2 are nominees for the Golden Globe Best Animated Film.

I'm surprised Monster U isn't on the list, but hopefully that means Frozen has a better chance of winning. I'd rather Frozen win than Despicable Me 2, even though DM 2 made the most money.

Let It Go was also nominated for Best Original Song.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #114
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I really hope Frozen takes the win, out of all the majaor animated films I've seen this year it was above and beyond the rest.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #115
X Knight
Saber Class

for me, Frozen was the best film I've seen all year.

It was such a joy and pleasure to watch.

I'll be kind of disappointed if DM 2 wins over Frozen, and very shocked if The Croods wins.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #116
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So Idina and Taye just separated. Decade long marriage and all, damn.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #117
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
So Idina and Taye just separated. Decade long marriage and all, damn.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #118
Leenie
Make Up!

Saw the movie this afternoon. In short, I absolutely loved it. Best Disney movie since The Lion King.

Though, I have to do a facepalm towards Disney's marketing. I would not have watched this wonderful movie if it had not been for positive word of mouth. The tv spots, trailers, and posters made the movie look atrocious! It's as if Disney is ashamed for the truly special movie they just made by selling it as a throwaway Dreamworks movie. I know they want more appeal from the male audience, but jeez!

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #119
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Kids like slapstick. Though when I went to see it there was nary a peep or a brat crying when it slowed down and was more dialogue based.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #120
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Saw the movie this afternoon. In short, I absolutely loved it. Best Disney movie since The Lion King.

Though, I have to do a facepalm towards Disney's marketing. I would not have watched this wonderful movie if it had not been for positive word of mouth. The tv spots, trailers, and posters made the movie look atrocious! It's as if Disney is ashamed for the truly special movie they just made by selling it as a throwaway Dreamworks movie. I know they want more appeal from the male audience, but jeez!
glad you loved it!!

And I, too, was concerned about the marketing. There was so much emphasis on Olaf and Sven. Heck, if you watched that very 1st teaser ( with Olaf and Sven on the ice ), you'd never know this was a Disney princess movie.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #121
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Kids like slapstick. Though when I went to see it there was nary a peep or a brat crying when it slowed down and was more dialogue based.
I think adults underestimate children and their attention spans. I also think there are a lot of adults and movie makers who underestimate children's intelligence. I was so impressed with how Frozen seamlessly worked with cute and funny scenes along with dark and intense scenes. Kids can handle it; not everything has to be a poop and fart joke. Not everything has to be filled with noises and jokes.

When I saw the movie, there weren't many people in the theater (since I went in the early afternoon on a weekday), but there were three families with very young children/toddlers. There wasn't a single problem with their noise level throughout the movie, in my opinion. The loudest kid wasn't really loud at all. All he did was ask some questions to his mom about things that were going on in this movie, because he was so into it! For example, I could hear the boy ask his parent, "*gasp!* Is she okay, mom?" when Anna's heart was hit with Elsa's powers.

(9) Batman (89)
Old 12-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #122
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

i got a big chuckle out of Olaf's song about summer

Better Call Saul
Old 12-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #123
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
i got a big chuckle out of Olaf's song about summer
"Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle; But put me in Summer and I'll be a ... Happy snowman!"

I was so ready to hate that snowman. I was prepared to be annoyed by him. Instead, Olaf was adorable and endearing. Well-played, Disney. Well-played.

(9) Batman (89)
Old 12-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #124
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
"Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle; But put me in Summer and I'll be a ... Happy snowman!"

I was so ready to hate that snowman. I was prepared to be annoyed by him. Instead, Olaf was adorable and endearing. Well-played, Disney. Well-played.
pretty much the same here with me

Better Call Saul
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #125
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think most of that had to do with Josh Gad's delivery. He was able to make the character goofy and clueless without being irritating, and he gave him just enough edge to even things out. I imagine being a stage actor and being in 'The Book of Mormon' helped!

Closed Thread