The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Favorite Female in DOFP?
Mystique 12 22.64%
Storm 16 30.19%
Shadowcat 13 24.53%
Rogue 20 37.74%
Blink 11 20.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Default Re: Favorite Female of Days Of Future Past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You know what if Halle Berry didn't ask for more role in X3. She would probably ended up getting the exact screentime/importance as Rogue and Colossus. She would be there in the whole movie but not a lot of dialogues and not doing a lot of things.

Sure, Storm felt forced at the beginning but imagine if she didn't ask for more role?
Exactly, I feel in X3 she took the role of a leader when Professor X and Cyclops 'died'
She got badass moments and epic scenes, hopefully continued as the Dofp trailer shows her lifting her hands and lighting striking.

Rogue in in the lead, the poll is still open for discussion about the X-_Women

BeastStorm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #27
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Exactly, I feel in X3 she took the role of a leader when Professor X and Cyclops 'died'
She got badass moments and epic scenes, hopefully continued as the Dofp trailer shows her lifting her hands and lighting striking.

Rogue in in the lead, the poll is still open for discussion about the X-_Women

I hope they continue that with this. Storm developing into a leader is the one character arc she has in this films series and it would be the perfect nod to the comics. Storm's first mission as a Leader in the comics was in Days of Future Past.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

Mystique and Kitty. I liked Mystique in FC, loved her in the OT, and Jennifer Lawrence is a fantastic actress. I like what I've heard about Mystique's character progression in this movie and she looks badass in the trailer.
Kitty is one of my favorite X-Men and I've always thought that Ellen Page was the perfect choice to play her. She was woefully underused in TLS, but was still great with what she was given to do. Plus, Page is just a great actress in general.
So it's a tie between Mystique and Kitty. I can't pick Blink YET because I haven't actually seen her in action yet and know next to nothing about the actress. I AM really excited to see her in action and her design looks fantastic, very similar to the comics.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #29
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I hope they continue that with this. Storm developing into a leader is the one character arc she has in this films series and it would be the perfect nod to the comics. Storm's first mission as a Leader in the comics was in Days of Future Past.
With Professor X and Magneto back in the picture, I don't think that will be the case.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #30
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

I choose Blink.

I would pick Shadowcat, but being that I love Ellen Page's dry humor/acting, and want Shadowcat to do some kick ass combat, I chose Blink instead since Kitty probably will not have much of either to do in the film.

Also, I worded that really poorly. But you get the gist.

I am ready to see some bomb Blink scenes.

usagicassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

For me it's still all about Storm. Love her or hate her, Storm is the No. 1 most talked about female character (due mostly to Halle's controversial casting) on these forums...and that's been consistent for years. I'd actually go so far to say that Halle Berry's Storm is the most talked-about heroine in the entire Marvel cinematic universe. I mean, let's the face it: the character herself is THE female face of Marvel.

Now...I do love Halle Berry. However, I've fallen in and certainly out of love with her as Storm. But the other night I had a chance to watch a cosplay X-Men video and the girl they had playing Storm looked like the character (although woefully unattractive in the face--big ass teeth with an overbite that could take a bite out of crime) but believe it or not, she paled compared to Halle Berry's version. It really took me by surprise.

So it's not all about how the character looks but also how she acts. In X1 Storm had moments of glory but her personality in that film (and largely in X2 too) just didn't seem accurate. If X3 got anything right, it was the pure fury of Storm and what she's capable of when she's pissed off. Hopefully in DoFP, Bryan will capture the best of what he did with the character in X1 and X2 and bring the fierce nature of X3's Storm.

He can do it. I believe he will. My vote goes to Storm.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 12-15-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post

For me it's still all about Storm. Love her or hate her, Storm is the No. 1 most talked about female character (due mostly to Halle's controversial casting) on these forums...and that's been consistent for years. I'd actually go so far to say that Halle Berry's Storm is the most talked-about heroine in the entire Marvel cinematic universe. I mean, let's the face it: the character herself is THE female face of Marvel.

Now...I do love Halle Berry. However, I've fallen in and certainly out of love with her as Storm. But the other night I had a chance to watch a cosplay X-Men video and the girl they had playing Storm looked like the character (although woefully unattractive in the face--big ass teeth with an overbite that could take a bite out of crime) but believe it or not, she paled compared to Halle Berry's version. It really took me by surprise.

So it's not all about how the character looks but also how she acts. In X1 Storm had moments of glory but her personality in that film (and largely in X2 too) just didn't seem accurate. If X3 got anything right, it was the pure fury of Storm and what she's capable of when she's pissed off. Hopefully in DoFP, Bryan will capture the best of what he did with the character in X1 and X2 and bring the fierce nature of X3's Storm.

Great explanation and I agree, Storm has improved and when u think of a Marvel heroine, I think Invisible Woman/Storm and some people think Black Widow now.
But Storm should get a moment of fury in DOFP, I love in the trailer when she raises her hands at the sky and lighting strikes around her. She looks pissed though lol

Old 12-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #33
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Great explanation and I agree, Storm has improved and when u think of a Marvel heroine, I think Invisible Woman/Storm and some people think Black Widow now.
But Storm should get a moment of fury in DOFP, I love in the trailer when she raises her hands at the sky and lighting strikes around her. She looks pissed though lol
Susan (The Invisible Woman) is a member of Marvels First Family so she's basically royalty. I agree that she's another very recognizable Marvel heroine. Usually when it comes to toy and videogame merchandise, Storm, Invisible Woman, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and certainly Ms. Marvel are featured most prevalently.

But Storm still edges them all out a bit. She's often the only girl hanging the leading men of Marvel in group photos.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Susan (The Invisible Woman) is a member of Marvels First Family so she's basically royalty. I agree that she's another very recognizable Marvel heroine. Usually when it comes to toy and videogame merchandise, Storm, Invisible Woman, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and certainly Ms. Marvel are featured most prevalently.

But Storm still edges them all out a bit. She's often the only girl hanging the leading men of Marvel in group photos.

Agreed, she is the one of the most recognizable superhero male or female. She has a distinct look which I love. She is also going to be heavily promoted in DOFP merchandize and posters I bet

Old 12-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #35
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:

Quote:

Could not agree more with your posts. Fox really struck it big time to have the most popular black superhero and Marvel heroine played by the biggest and most successful (arguably) black actress of this generation. They'd be stupid not to capitalize on that for this huge event film. I hope they give Storm the treatment she deserve I hope Singer can deliver this time and brings us a badass Storm. If this is Halle's last run as the character then she needs to go out in a style befitting the Goddess she portrays.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
Lightning Strykez!

One can only hope NanaT. Time will tell the tale in just 5 short months!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #37
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
But my favourite quote from her was when she put those Singer/Berry hate each other rumours to bed by stating she was happy Bryan was back and I love the reaction not just from the crowd but from the OT cast who have worked with Singer before.
I also love that part.

And I have to say Halle Berry has a very interesting personality and I think that helps her star power a lot. Well you gotta have personality to be a star.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #38
Lightning Strykez!

You mean...Halle Scary?

Old 12-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #39
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

She can be scary (like her reaction to the paparazzis) or she can be funny (like in the interviews), the thing is Halle Berry isn't boring and I like that.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #40
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Its almost the end of December. I expected promo pics. Also cause I wanna change my wallpaper to promo pic of all Xwomen. Kitty, Storm, Mystique, and Blink. I'll make a collage!

I'm really getting interested in Blink. The actress Fan Bingbing is stunning and she looks the part a little. She is the ONLY new mutant to be shown twice in the trailer. Hmm.

And I'm really curious how they will open the movie. Hopefully its not at the temple. A New York fight with the new mutants is the way to go. Show the intensity and severity or the future.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #41
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Promo pictures will probably come out next year.

The promo pictures for First Class/The Wolverine came out pretty late.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #42
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Rogue. Anna Paquin is just more interesting to watch on screen than the others for some reason. The Rogue character already has way more depth based on how well she was fleshed out in X1 alone than any of the other characters. Romijn's Mystique would be a second, but JLaw's Mystique would be last.

Psylocke's Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #43
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Rogue!!!

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #44
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Rogue is in the lead as the favorite female? Auch. My vote goes for Storm as well though, but I hope they will at least give her SOME background or something interesting to do. I felt like Storm in these movies could've easily been replaced with any other character on the missions that she went on. And eventhough she finally took a stand in X3 we know nothing about the character prior to the events of the first movie. Even characters like Pyro and Iceman are more developed when it comes to that.

Weather Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #45
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Storm. When Halle decides she isn't going to play Storm anymore and they want to go younger, every Black actress (except Zoe Saldana) between the ages of 21 (if they want to go that way) and 40 will be linked. Everyone from Kerry Washington, Rosario Dawson, Paula Patton, Tika Sumpter and Nicole Beharie to a youngster like Keke Palmer.

Storm is the only chance these black actresses have in playing a superhero that isn't an alien or robot. Saldana could have waited if she wanted to, but she chose to play an alien (nothing wrong with that) over with Marvel.

Of course, all of those actresses I mention (except Palmer) could also be on DC's radar to play Amanda Waller in a Suicide Squad movie. However, Storm is the most high profile black female superhero in all of the Comics (and this includes DC), so it could be highly coveted when Halle is done.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #46
Malik
Side-Kick

Yeah, no thanks on zoe, I'd go with paula patton

Malik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #47
Lightning Strykez!

Technically, Rogue shouldn't even be on this poll now. I wonder if these new voters are aware of what has recently happened?

Old 12-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #48
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Storm. When Halle decides she isn't going to play Storm anymore and they want to go younger, every Black actress (except Zoe Saldana) between the ages of 21 (if they want to go that way) and 40 will be linked. Everyone from Kerry Washington, Rosario Dawson, Paula Patton, Tika Sumpter and Nicole Beharie to a youngster like Keke Palmer.

Storm is the only chance these black actresses have in playing a superhero that isn't an alien or robot. Saldana could have waited if she wanted to, but she chose to play an alien (nothing wrong with that) over with Marvel.

Of course, all of those actresses I mention (except Palmer) could also be on DC's radar to play Amanda Waller in a Suicide Squad movie. However, Storm is the most high profile black female superhero in all of the Comics (and this includes DC), so it could be highly coveted when Halle is done.
This may sound shallow but I am gonna say it anyway of course: I hope they don't try to cast anyone in Halle's physical likeness. Just as James McAvoy looks nothing like Patrick Stewart, I hope they do a truly clean break from Halle's image and cast someone with a darker complexion. One of the most striking things about Storm is that her mutation affects not only her eye color but also her Snow White hair (yeah I've read some of the stories that she got the white hair from ancient African priestesses but...come on ). It seems in X1 Halle's make up was more in a caramel tone so the contrast was great. But from X2 on she just seemed paler and more bleached out looking.

I'd like to see them truly embrace Storm as a black character of culture complete with accent and darker skin tone, especially if they do her origin story in Egypt.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #49
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
This may sound shallow but I am gonna say it anyway of course: I hope they don't try to cast anyone in Halle's physical likeness. Just as James McAvoy looks nothing like Patrick Stewart, I hope they do a truly clean break from Halle's image and cast someone with a darker complexion. One of the most striking things about Storm is that her mutation affects not only her eye color but also her Snow White hair (yeah I've read some of the stories that she got the white hair from ancient African priestesses but...come on ). It seems in X1 Halle's make up was more in a caramel tone so the contrast was great. But from X2 on she just seemed paler and more bleached out looking.

I'd like to see them truly embrace Storm as a black character of culture complete with accent and darker skin tone, especially if they do her origin story in Egypt.
Funny you say that. I was watching Cloud Atlas recently and she looks darker in that film then any of the X-Men movies. Especially as the Meronym character.

Here's a comparison:

Old 12-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #50
Lightning Strykez!

She was fabulous in Cloud Atlas...truly an underrated film and performance.

Anyway...yes. It's all in the make up and lighting. And I'm sorry but...the wig in X2 was blonde, not really white. She looked like BAPS.