Default Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 18

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
None of that points to anything. I actually read through all of that looking for something viable btw

Has nothing to do with additional filming. Singer stated the future segments in 2023 amount to 30 minutes worth of storytelling in the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
I don't know what this does or doesn't mean for the OT cast going forward, but I DO believe there is more going on here than we know. Even if that mid-credits rumor is true, that means there is still some element of time travel involved. Maybe Apocalypse takes his horsemen from different times but chooses to plant his major scheme in the past for some reason. I want to stress: We really have no idea what is happening at this point.

Let's all try to relax and enjoy the ride. In Bryan Singer, I trust. :woot:
I Agree.
We should trust Singer, even if the recent rumors are true .

Old 12-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Why, exactly, is it so disappointing that they might not be adapting Age of Apocalypse and might instead be adapting a story that would facilitate using the FC cast?
Re-read my posts. I'm not upset about the First Class focus. I'm disappointed in the overall direction as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
We're already disappointed over a film that was just announced and won't start filming for at least another year. Neat.
There's rumors out there giving us possible insight to that movie... rumors that may or may not start with May's Days of Future past. There's plenty to be concerned or excited about already.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

well something all 3 rumors have in common is the FC cast so i assume they will defo be in the film, whether the OT cast return or not is unknown, depends which website you wanna believe

it does flow with mcavoys comments

it indeed could be a build up to apocolypse being a villain for different films though

Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I still don't get the logic that an X-Force, or any other X-Film for that matter, has to be set in the future after X-Men: Apocalypse. Am I missing something that says no stories can be told in the past or with an expanded cast of characters there?

I don't see the correlation.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Cherry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I still don't get the logic that an X-Force, or any other X-Film for that matter, has to be set in the future after X-Men: Apocalypse. Am I missing something that says no stories can be told in the past or with an expanded cast of characters there?

I don't see the correlation.
That's not what I'm suggesting. It may or may not take place in the present/future. But I do believe a Wolverine 3 would take place then. As far as Apocalypse, the only thing I fully believe at this point is that his influence will extend beyond one film, whether past, present, or future.

And where does Fantastic Four fit into all of this? Are we still expecting this to be a shared universe? Does FF take place in the past or present? And further, which timeline? There seems to be an ever-increasing set of timelines now.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Well yea, I think that's a given especially since X-Force is in development and Apocalypse has run ins with that team very regularly.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
The Guard
Side-Kick

Kudos to Singer for not letting this nonsensical rumor go on much longer. Do people really think there's going to be such an unsubtle credit sequence after DAYS OF FUTURE PAST? Singer's got more style then that. So does Kinberg.

If X-MEN: APOCALYPSE doesn't feature the original cast, it makes sense, just as it would in a certain storyline if it did.

I can't bring myself to feel bad about this, because in all likelihood, if we don't see the Cyclops, Storm and Jean we know, then we're probably going to see a second "Firsat Class" of young Cyclops, Jeans, Storm, Beast, etc in their first great test.

I wonder if Sinister and Apocalypse will have anything to do with Jean's evolution into Phoenix? That'd be a cool angle to use.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 12-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
BMM
Side-Kick

I'm curious as to what what Fox's plan is, as this is the last film everyone is signed for, as far as we know.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Maybe we should move on from the subject about the rumor ending and just wait and see, probably easier

Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
Cherry
Side-Kick

I theorize Apocalypse will center himself in the past when Magneto is at his physical peak and pull his horseman from past, present, and future in order to accomplish some major scheme. I also believe that some element in DOFP kickstarts Apocalypse's plans. For example, Kitty/Wolvie breaching the time vortex opens up Apocalypse's ability to jump through time (and maybe dimensions) and ignite a plan he has been devising for thousands of years. Maybe X-Force takes place in the far future, and they must travel through time and dimension to find and stop Apocalypse. The possibilities are endless.

I will be as disappointed as anyone if we never see the OT again, but let's please keep an open mind for now. There are many exciting directions they can go.

Last edited by Cherry; 12-09-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 19

I want to see Bryan tweet the other magical words.

"Apocalypse is not Magneto."

and

"I wouldn't rip off dialogue from Dracula."

Old 12-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
If X-MEN: APOCALYPSE doesn't feature the original cast, it makes sense, just as it would in a certain storyline if it did.

I can't bring myself to feel bad about this, because in all likelihood, if we don't see the Cyclops, Storm and Jean we know, then we're probably going to see a second "First Class" of young Cyclops, Jeans, Storm, Beast, etc in their first great test.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I wonder if Sinister and Apocalypse will have anything to do with Jean's evolution into Phoenix? That'd be a cool angle to use.
I'd like them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I still don't get the logic that an X-Force, or any other X-Film for that matter, has to be set in the future after X-Men: Apocalypse.
I don't understand where it's coming from either other than wishful thinking from those who love the OT cast and detest the younger cast.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Now call me uneducated but what is the relevance in having Magneto himself transform into Apocalypse? Did this happen in a comic series that I'm not familiar with?

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I'm curious as to what what Fox's plan is, as this is the last film everyone is signed for, as far as we know.
I thought Hoult, Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender were signed for three films?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Let's just wait and see what the film delivers, it could just mean they are 100% sure the FC will be involved, there names may be down for it but they haven't decided on who to get from the OT, it's very possible we just dunno what's happening yet

Or this could just be a starting point, let's just wait and see

Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I thought Hoult, Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender were signed for three films?
I mean after X-Men: Apocalypse. Recasting the roles of Cyclops, Jean, and Storm is an interesting idea, but does Fox think there's a good chance of re-signing the likes of Fassbender and McAvoy?

Last edited by BMM; 12-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I mean after X-Men: Apocalypse. Recasting the roles of Cyclops, Jean, and Storm is an interesting idea, but does Fox think there's a good chance of resigning the likes of Fassbender and McAvoy?
Mcavoy yes, Fassbender possibly, lawrence... hmm...

Old 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Now call me uneducated but what is the relevance in having
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Magneto himself transform into Apocalypse?
Did this happen in a comic series that I'm not familiar with?
Well, for a start, you should be using the spoiler tags, which I just put around the quoted post above. This may be true and some people don't want to know the details. So have respect for other posters on here.

Secondly, it did happen in X-Men: Evolution, apparently. I didn't see that episode, so I can't verify it.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
I mean after X-Men: Apocalypse. Recasting the roles of Cyclops, Jean, and Storm is an interesting idea, but does Fox think there's a good chance of resigning the likes of Fassbender and McAvoy?
They must think so if Fassbender, McAvoy, Hoult and Lawrence are going to be in X-Men: Apocalypse.

I couldn't possibly see Fox dropping them, nor would it make any sense from a universe building standpoint, after it to move forward with the original cast for movies in 2016 and beyond.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Now call me uneducated but what is the relevance in having Magneto himself transform into Apocalypse? Did this happen in a comic series that I'm not familiar with?
Well, there was the X-Men Evolution episode where he used his power to change Magneto, Storm, Professor X and Mystique into his four horseman so it's happened before.

So it has happened where he's taken control and completely changed people.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

My thoughts are more to do with the timeline.

If - and we don't know this for certain - DoFP ends up re-setting the timeline to create the rumoured happy ending and farewell to the OT cast, then how will Apocalypse's arrival in the past mess with that?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i agree FOX were never gonna throw at least 3 of the FC actors away, they are getting better known by the year so they would be crazy to not at least take them up on a 3rd film

Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
My thoughts are more to do with the timeline.

If - and we don't know this for certain - DoFP ends up re-setting the timeline to create the rumoured happy ending and farewell to the OT cast, then how will Apocalypse's arrival in the past mess with that?
they could use this film as an origin to apocalypse and continue on for a few films involving him, its very possible, mcavoy has described his role as Xavier as charles xavier on a journey to reach his destiny, which i always assumed was creating the X-men