Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #26
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Maybe we should move on from the subject about the rumor ending and just wait and see, probably easier
Easier said thAn done

Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
My thoughts are more to do with the timeline.

If - and we don't know this for certain - DoFP ends up re-setting the timeline to create the rumoured happy ending and farewell to the OT cast, then how will Apocalypse's arrival in the past mess with that?
For starters we don't even know If the APocalypse post credit scene Is even true so we don't know if there Is going to more time travel In post credit scene.

More and more things are pointing to a Trek 2009 situation with X-Men after time travel of Days of future past
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the rumored happy ending after wolverine awakens in alternate 2023
may be Ilrelvent.

The future of DOFP Is 2023 as sated by Bryan Singer.It's 10 years after last stand so Last Stand Is set around 2013 with X-men and X2 shortly before it.
To have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 30's In 2013,Iceman,Rogue,and Kitty In teens.Colossus also In his teens,and Angel In late teens/early 20's all around 2013 and then suddenly having them all In teens In late 1970's or early 1980's In Apocalypse Is totally Inconsent to anything In Trilogy.And that kills the talking point made by some here trilogy+The wolverine will still be part of series.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #28
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
For starters we don't even know If the APocalypse post credit scene Is even true so we don't know if there Is going to more time travel In post credit scene.

More and more things are pointing to a Trek 2009 situation with X-Men after time travel of Days of future past
the rumored happy ending after wolverine awakens in alternate 2023
may be Ilrelvent.

The future of DOFP Is 2023 as sated by Bryan Singer.It's 10 years after last stand so Last Stand Is set around 2013 with X-men and X2 shortly before it.
To have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 30's In 2013,Iceman,Rogue,and Kitty In teens.Colossus also In his teens,and Angel In late teens/early 20's all around 2013 and then suddenly having them all In teens In late 1970's or early 1980's In Apocalypse Is totally Inconsent to anything In Trilogy.And that kills the talking point made by some here trilogy+The wolverine will still be part of series.
Agreed. As each day progresses, the more I am starting to believe it's all going away as we know it. The benefit though is at least we'll finally have some continuity at last.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Easier said thAn done
Ignore the rumored ending.Them doing film on Just FC cast Is troubling since I doudt there will be a 20 year time jump.Bryan Singer's comments and well as Viral campagin hints Trilogy Is being established as taking place In 2013.There Is no way Teenage Cyclops,Storm,and Jean In Apocalypse set In mid 1970's,or late 1970's or early 1980's can fit with them being In 30's In Trilogy set In early 2010's.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
BMM
Side-Kick

Except nothing points to all of them (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, etc.) being in their teens in the late 1970s.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Agreed. As each day progresses, the more I am starting to believe it's all going away as we know it. The benefit though is at least we'll finally have some continuity at last.
Untill there Is another change.Which knowing studios won't be long.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #32
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

If it's a new reset timeline, there's nothing saying they have to keep inline with their ages in the original series.

Not to mention we don't know where the ending for DOFP takes place. When Wolvie wakes up in his body in the new future is he just waking up in 2025, is he waking up to a time before X1-X3 even happened. What?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Except nothing points to all of them (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, etc.) being in their teens in the late 1970s.
Any of them as teens In 1970's says all non-FC films are erased.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #34
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Why did Singer release the news so early? I feel it taking away from DOFP, and people are soooooooo worried what happens after Dofp, just enjoy the movie!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #35
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would likely be young cyclops,jean,storm and some other characters, maybe gambit and never know deadpool? it would be around the 80s timeline if they went that direction with origins

Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #36
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
If it's a new reset timeline, there's nothing saying they have to keep inline with their ages in the original series.

Not to mention we don't know where the ending for DOFP takes place. When Wolvie wakes up in his body in the new future is he just waking up in 2025, is he waking up to a time before X1-X3 even happened. What?
So your admiting that time travel In DOFP Is erasing the trilogy+The wolverine.

Your logic about ages makes as much sense as some of things In Abrams' Star Trek

The ending says wolverine wakes up In altered 2023 where likely the events of trilogy never happened

Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Enjoy this movie with the OT cast, they will steal the show in DOFP, betting on it.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Why did Singer release the news so early? I feel it taking away from DOFP, and people are soooooooo worried what happens after Dofp, just enjoy the movie!
he shouldn't have have announced it really, just because you shouldn't get people hyped about the next film when the current one hasn't been released

Old 12-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #39
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it would likely be young cyclops,jean,storm and some other characters, maybe gambit and never know deadpool? it would be around the 80s timeline if they went that direction with origins
Origins' place In timeline Is already In doudt before changes made because of
time travel.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #40
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Any of them as teens In 1970's says all non-FC films are erased.
And? That was already on the table the second Days of Future Past was announced.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
And? That was already on the table the second Days of Future Past was announced.
So your admiting trilogy+The Wolverine are likely being erased by time travel of Days of future Past then?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #42
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, for a start, you should be using the spoiler tags, which I just put around the quoted post above. This may be true and some people don't want to know the details. So have respect for other posters on here.

Secondly, it did happen in X-Men: Evolution, apparently. I didn't see that episode, so I can't verify it.
Thanks for the info and sorry I was using my Iphone though that info was all over every single news site that posted an article about wether or not Apocalypse would be an alien, so to me that's not really a spoiler just common knowledge if anyone read any of the articles.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #43
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
So your admiting trilogy+The Wolverine are likely being erased by time travel of Days of future Past then?
What is wrong with you?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #44
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
What does it matter that he or I admit this? We're not the writers, producers or directors of the movie so our opinion means squat.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
kasjan
Side-Kick

What Logan, Charles, Erik or Hank does in 1973 doesn't have impact when Bobby, Scott, Jean, Marie are born, so they won't be teenagers earlier than in old timeline.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
If you set X-Men: Apocalypse in the 80s, Cyclops is in his late 20s, and Jean and Storm are in their early 20s.

They rejuvenated Xavier, Magneto and Beast. Its only natural they'll go this route with Jean, Scott and Storm.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
It was released for one simple reason: to ensure even more asses are gonna be in those theaters in six months. They are clearly building a foundation for something new and huge. DoFP is just the beginning. But I still believe that in order to move forward with whatever future vision they have to compete with Marvel's cinematic world the slate must be wiped completely clean and tie up any loose ends. DoFP will do just that.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #48
Legion
Side-Kick

If it's true that X-men:Apocalypse will focus on the FC timeline then I can't believe that we will see the results of the time travel mission at the end DoFP. The advantage of not showing what happens will make X:A a true sequel and a not prequel. Prequels tend to suffer because we already know the fates of the character's involved...so they are less exciting. This would also line up with the DoFP comic since the X-Men didn't know the results of their actions.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
What is wrong with you?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
Naji Assan
Banned User

The only downside of the timeline being reset is that the characters of Rogue, Angel, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Iceman and Pyro are now retired (they haven't been born).

Closed Thread