Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #76
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Abrams Trek and reboots?
Yes, that's what I missed! Honestly I think I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day everytime I read his posts.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
In 1979, Scott is a senior in high school (17 or 18 years old). That makes his DOB 1960/61. X3 was 2013 so he died at age 52/53. In a film set in the 80s he'd be in his late 20s.
It's one thing for them now to say Ian Mckellen was 80 In trilogy but saying James Marsden was 50 In trilogy Is pushing.

Plus there are questions on Is Origins even being counted In Timeline of DOFP prior to time travel changes.

If Cyclops,Jean,and Storm are In X-Men:Apocalypse and Vulture IS right with only FC cast I firmly expext them to go with time travel erasing Trilogy+The Wolverine explanation so they can have any character they want In Apocalypse.I don't like it but that's the way It appears they are going.

Otherwise only a Reintroduced Gambit and characters not yet used In films could be used with Xavier and Beast,maybe wolverine Is he Is included in film,In Apocalypse.And I doudt that will happen.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #78
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's one thing for them now to say Ian Mckellen was 80 In trilogy but saying James Marsden was 50 In trilogy Is pushing.
I agree that Marsden looked 40s tops, but that's the age the timeline Singer (and the other writers) created suggests he was. Origins is canon.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #79
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I love the FC cast but I need to see how DoFP turns out in order to decide how I feel about Singer/Kinberg combo at the helm again.

I agree with the sentiment that all this announcement stuff could have waited until DoFP was in the cinemas, at least. This feels like trying to stomp on the other studios' thunder with whatever's at hand, to be honest.

I wonder how they're going to resolve the future stuff in DoFP now, without making the continuing story in the past redundant. Any kind of resolution means you know how it all works out in the end.
If it wasn't for singer you wouldn't have gotten the first class we got. It's ridic how much crap first classers give him.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #80
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yes, that's what I missed! Honestly I think I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day everytime I read his posts.
how many times has others mentioned

1:How much they hate all X-Men films besides First Class
2:All marvel propertys should go back to Disney
3:All the antiwolverine posts
4:The X-men films should all be just like the Avengers even if X-Men is totaly
different than Avengers
5:Let's reboot the X-Men
6:They should copy Abrams Star Trek

Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #81
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
I agree that Marsden looked 40s tops, but that's the age the timeline Singer (and the other writers) created suggests he was. Origins is canon.
1rigins has Stryker recurit wolverine and during vietnam war yet In DOFP
Wolverine and Stryker may not have met before In 1973
2:Cyclops being 16 In late 1970's doesn't jibe with age In trilogy now retconned as having taken place around 2013
3:Wolverine Is now running around for 30+ years after losing his memory and
meeting rogue
4OFP Is suspose to solve some contunity problems not add to them

There are red flags that Origins Is not being treated as canon pretime travel changes.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #82
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Let DofP close out the OT with a happy ending and let Apoc bring in jean storm and Scott in their early 20s in the mid 80s and it all works out fine, no?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #83
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

It's much smarter to go forward with the FC class and the current star power they have and add in new faces to play the new mutants (jean,Scott,storm) so yes the original Xfilms still work and we can see how things played out from DoFP to X1 with the FC people basically. I have no problem with any of that.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #84
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
If it wasn't for singer you wouldn't have gotten the first class we got. It's ridic how much crap first classers give him.
And if Singer directed FC we wouldn't have gotten the FC we got either, though of course no one can say whether it would have been better or worse. But it would have been different, as the two directors have completely different styles. No one can argue the importance of Singer's input, but it all comes down to the execution. Which is why it says "a film by Matthew Vaughn" in the credits and not "a film by Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn".

That DoFP is presented as "by the director of X-Men and Usual Suspects" pretty much says, by the director who hasn't done much in the last 10 years. He could do a stellar job with DoFP, but that remains to be seen.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #85
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Singer had hand in FC story, casting, design and other ideas according to him in an interview

Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #86
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
I'm a big repeater and even I'm getting tired of his repeating.
He hates Abrams Trek and reboots

Did I miss something?

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #87
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Don't care 21 sec or min, she was there.
Also we don't need fireworks. There are mutants with more interesting powers.
IDC, she is a fan favorite in the animated series and could add diversity to the team. Also a good teenage perspective for teen girls like myself. I love great females in movies. Jubilee is bubbly, fun and interesting

Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #88
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Let DofP close out the OT with a happy ending and let Apoc bring in jean storm and Scott in their early 20s in the mid 80s and it all works out fine, no?
Works beautifully.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #89
pavlov
Side-Kick

Long time lurker here.

Like most of you guys, I have been trying to make sense of the obvious problems with the timeline due to the disparity of supposed ages versus actual ages of the characters and actors respectively.

It is my theory that all mutants AGE A BIT SLOWER than regular humans. Some more than others e.g. Mystique and especially Wolverine. Since they are considered to be the next step in evolution, why not allow them to have better metabolism or cell reproduction-albeit not as drastic. It might be a cop out but in this movie universe, it is important to establish a set of rules that will make sense there and not necessarily in the real world as well.

Let's say, after reaching your prime (20 y.o.), you start to age 30% slower than normal.

For argument's sake, let's use the following formula:

Equivalent Age = Prime Age + (Actual Age - Prime Age)*70%,
where the Prime Age is pegged at 20.

For example:

Cyclops was born circa 1963.
He was 16 or 17 in XMOW in the late 70s
Fast forward to 2013 in the TLS era, he is 50 years old in earthly terms but his body has only aged equivalent to 41 years. (= 20 + 30 * 70%)
By 2023, Scott will technically be 60 but his body will be as young looking as that of a 48 y.o. (= 20 + 40 * 70%)

Let's apply the same rules to Erik:

1944: actual and equivalent ages are both at 11 y.o.
1962: actual age is 29, equivalent age is 26
1973: actual age is 40, equivalent age is 34
2013: actual age is 80, equivalent age is 62
2023: actual age is 90, equivalent age is 76

Last edited by pavlov; 12-09-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #90
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
God forbid someone has a different oporion
Like you, for instance? All you do is complain and roll your eyes at anyone with a different opinion from yours.

It's wearing thin on everyone.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #91
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I just want to say I understand your frustrations marvelrobbins and I agree with you that people bring up some of the stuff on your list far too often (that let the rights go back to Marvel talk pisses me the hell off) but that still doesn't change my opinion that you are selling yourself short.

I think everyone should be called out when they have a one track obsession on Hype. It's like you have to mention how much you hate Abrams Trek, like your hatred has reached Devin Faracian levels. I'm just saying dail it back dude. I expect people to tell me the same thing when I obsess.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #92
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Great first post Pavlov, makes a lot of sense and is a great idea that works well! Also welcome to the hype!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #93
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
And if Singer directed FC we wouldn't have gotten the FC we got either, though of course no one can say whether it would have been better or worse. But it would have been different, as the two directors have completely different styles. No one can argue the importance of Singer's input, but it all comes down to the execution. Which is why it says "a film by Matthew Vaughn" in the credits and not "a film by Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn".

That DoFP is presented as "by the director of X-Men and Usual Suspects" pretty much says, by the director who hasn't done much in the last 10 years. He could do a stellar job with DoFP, but that remains to be seen.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #94
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
I just want to say I understand your frustrations marvelrobbins and I agree with you that people bring up some of the stuff on your list far too often (that let the rights go back to Marvel talk pisses me the hell off) but that still doesn't change my opinion that you are selling yourself short.

I think everyone should be called out when they have a one track obsession on Hype. It's like you have to mention how much you hate Abrams Trek, like your hatred has reached Devin Faracian levels. I'm just saying dail it back dude. I expect people to tell me the same thing when I obsess.
He should be thankful we have such a gracious, tactful mod like Danoyse, who is abundant in patience. If I was still modding this forum he'd be under my throne by now. See how all things happen for a reason?

Jokes aside, marvelrobbins, I do believe you've been copying and pasting the same Wolverine Waking Up "spoiler" like...2 dozen times over the last several days. I've stopped clicking on it.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
pavlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Great first post Pavlov, makes a lot of sense and is a great idea that works well! Also welcome to the hype!
Thanks. Feels weird being welcomed after 13 years of lurking.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #96
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
Well, better late than never dear.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #97
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Haha now the fun starts once you get into the discussion with all us bozos here.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #98
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Welcome to the hype

Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #99
Naji Assan
Banned User

So if Singer's tweet was his way of saying the rumored scene description was bullcrap, then this is still a possibility

*Can anyone manip the hair out and add the proper head features?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #100
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I don't think that's a possibility at all. Why would Apocalypse pretend to be a human that hates mutants and creates Project Wideawake to destroy them?!

Makes little sense.

Closed Thread