The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #101
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 19

That is so ugly. Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Batman & Robin.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #102
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Let DofP close out the OT with a happy ending and let Apoc bring in jean storm and Scott in their early 20s in the mid 80s and it all works out fine, no?
It all depends on the box-office performance of another First Class movie.

If X-Men: Apocalypse only featured the cast of First Class and managed to outgross its predecessors? Sure, Fox could finally move on with them and not worry about getting more money with the OT cast.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #103
pavlov
Side-Kick

I would actually want Mystique to be one of the main villains in XMA while magneto works with xavier and the young xmen

Old 12-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #104
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
It all depends on the box-office performance of another First Class movie.

If X-Men: Apocalypse only featured the cast of First Class and managed to outgross its predecessors? Sure, Fox could finally move on with them and not worry about getting more money with the OT cast.
I think Fassbender and Lawrence are going to drawbig amounts of money. The FC main cast is much better suited as a money maker than the OT cast in 2013 IMO.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #105
pavlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Fassbender and Lawrence are going to drawbig amounts of money. The FC main cast is much better suited as a money maker than the OT cast in 2013 IMO.
Agreed.

I would keep the existing FC cast but but it's vital for fox to include the young versions of fan favorites such as cyke, jean and storm.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #106
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
Agreed.

I would keep the existing FC cast but but it's vital for fox to include the young versions of fan favorites such as cyke, jean and storm.
Yep agreed 100%. Set Apoc in the mid 80s bring in those 3 in their early 20s and I think it works out perfectly. Hell even make McAvoy and Fassbender look a little older with cgi or make up just so they really look like the elders of the group.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #107
pavlov
Side-Kick

Michael only needs to look approximately 41 years old by 1983 for them to be consistent with his ageing pattern. His hair could start graying out.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #108
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
That is so ugly. Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Batman & Robin.
Aside from the hair, Dinklage looks like Apocalypse there. Not sure what you think Apocalypse looks like if this reminds you of Mr. Freeze. Dinklage's bone structure screams Apocalypse to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I don't think that's a possibility at all. Why would Apocalypse pretend to be a human that hates mutants and creates Project Wideawake to destroy them?!

Makes little sense.
Step I: Create negative buzz for Mutant Kind/turn humans against mutants (Mystique's assassinations)

Step II: Create weapon that can successfully defeat mutants (Sentinels)

Step III: With the mutants neutralized, turn the weapon against humans

How does that not work out for Apocalypse?

Last edited by Naji Assan; 12-10-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #109
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
So if Singer's tweet was his way of saying the rumored scene description was bullcrap, then this is still a possibility

*Can anyone manip the hair out and add the proper head features?
What is this

I don't even

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #110
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Aside from the hair, Dinklage looks like Apocalypse there. Not sure what you think Apocalypse looks like if this reminds you of Mr. Freeze. Dinklage's bone structure screams Apocalypse to me.

Oh I agree with you. But it's still ugly as f***.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #111
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What is this

I don't even

Reminds me of this.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #112
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Reminds me of this.

Riiiigggght? It's a walking tragedy.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #113
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Hmm I don't think there's going to be much difference to their star power in 2011 to 2016 that it would be enough for a X-Men film to earn more than $500 million per film. Jennifer Lawrence probably already peaked and the Hunger Games movie series is ending in 2015. Lets see if their star power holds up.

Most people won't see a X-Men film just because it has Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #114
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:

Reminds me of this.

Yeah the two pics are identical. Dinklage's head was scaled to proper size, but they're still literally the same. Glad you found a pic so identical to compare it to considering that Dinklage's head could only work on a midget's body and scaling it to fit a symmetrical body would be hilarious.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #115
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Riiiigggght? It's a walking tragedy.
It really is.

Quote:
Yeah the two pics are identical. Dinklage's head was scaled to proper size, but they're still literally the same. Glad you found a pic so identical to compare it to considering that Dinklage's head could only work on a midget's body and scaling it to fit a symmetrical body would be hilarious.
Good to see you agree.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #116
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

Reminds me of this.

It looks like it's taking a warm poo.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #117
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Hmm I don't think there's going to be much difference to their star power in 2011 to 2016 that it would be enough for a X-Men film to earn more than $500 million per film. Jennifer Lawrence probably already peaked and the Hunger Games movie series is ending in 2015. Lets see if their star power holds up.

Most people won't see a X-Men film just because it has Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence.
If Hunger Ganes is ending in 2015 I see no way of Lawrence's star power just evaporating by 2016, she's like the worlds cinematic sweetheart right now lol. And Fassbender is just a world class actor IMO. Then add in the likes of McAvoy who's pretty darn good, as well as Jackman (he'll be Wolvie til death lmao) plus whomever they add as Apoc and other characters (Jean,Scott,Storm) I don't see money making to be a problem going forward.

Not that I don't enjoy the OT cast or respect their works but those names aren't as big of headlines as they were 10 years ago when X3 came out. Of course this is all just blatant speculation of what I personally see the smartest route is on top of what I would like to see as well.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #118
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
If Hunger Ganes is ending in 2015 I see no way of Lawrence's star power just evaporating by 2016, she's like the worlds cinematic sweetheart right now lol. And Fassbender is just a world class actor IMO. Then add in the likes of McAvoy who's pretty darn good, as well as Jackman (he'll be Wolvie til death lmao) plus whomever they add as Apoc and other characters (Jean,Scott,Storm) I don't see money making to be a problem going forward.

Not that I don't enjoy the OT cast or respect their works but those names aren't as big of headlines as they were 10 years ago when X3 came out. Of course this is all just blatant speculation of what I personally see the smartest route is on top of what I would like to see as well.
The FC cast still wouldn't be superior to the OT cast

Why do you think the OT cast is suddenly back? Of course they were brought back NOT ONLY for story purposes but to draw back audiences that watched the original trilogy film which were really successful back in the day and more successful than the 2011 X-Men film.

And again, people just don't watch X-Men movies because of hot and upcoming stars. The entire OT cast could be a bunch of washed-up actors in 2016, but FOX would still ask them to return because they already have been a big part of the series and doing a film without them would just feel incomplete and could just lead to smaller box-office revenue.

When people see the OT cast, they automatically think X-Men. But when people see the FC cast? Some of them will think of Hunger Games because of Jennifer Lawrence. The Ot cast is more iconic to the X-Men characters that they are portraying than the FC cast.

Of course someday, the OT cast will have move on when they are all old. I surely don't want to see a 70 something Storm and Rogue fighting against Mr. Sinister. But right now, they all look good and there's still excitement to see more from them. There's no need to replace them and sideline them with prequel characters who couldn't even outgross a 11-year old film, X1.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-10-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #119
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It looks like it's taking a warm poo.

#PrayForPikachu

Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #120
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I respectfully disagree, you bring up good points as well but I really have no rebuttals argument. Did FC outgross X1 is my only question since I have no actual idea. I just think you stick what you have currently while bringing in the OT cast here for both story and perhaps a bit of financial return as well then close out the OT story with a happy ending and use this film with the aid of the OT to secure the FC guys going forward if that makes any sense.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #121
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Out of the OT cast, Paquin, Ashmore and Page are still young enough that they still can continue playing the roles for a longer time than the older cast members.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #122
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
The FC cast still wouldn't be superior to the OT cast

Why do you think the OT cast is suddenly back? Of course they were brought back NOT ONLY for story purposes but to draw back audiences that watched the original trilogy film which were really successful back in the day and more successful than the 2011 X-Men film.

And again, people just don't watch X-Men movies because of hot and upcoming stars. The entire OT cast could be a bunch of washed-up actors in 2016, but FOX would still ask them to return because they already have been a big part of the series and doing a film without them would just feel incomplete and could just lead to smaller box-office revenue.

When people see the OT cast, they automatically think X-Men. But when people see the FC cast? Some of them will think of Hunger Games because of Jennifer Lawrence. The Ot cast is more iconic to the X-Men characters that they are portraying than the FC cast.

Of course someday, the OT cast will have move on when they are all old. I surely don't want to see a 70 something Storm and Rogue fighting against Mr. Sinister. But right now, they all look good and there's still excitement to see more from them. There's no need to replace them and sideline them with prequel characters who couldn't even outgross a 11-year old film, X1.
I agree with both of you; I can see this going either way.

But there is strength in casting a younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm and adding them to the existing FC roster. True, the OT cast made a lot of money for FOX. But imagine (for example) what a Zoe Saldana (or another big young name equivalent) could do box officewise in the role of someone like Storm?

There are infinite possibilities with either route.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #123
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree with both of you; I can see this going either way.

But there is strength in casting a younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm and adding them to the existing FC roster. True, the OT cast made a lot of money for FOX. But imagine (for example) what a Zoe Saldana (or another big young name equivalent) could do box officewise in the role of someone like Storm?

There are infinite possibilities with either route.
Exactly.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #124
Cherry
Side-Kick

Quote:
I respectfully disagree, you bring up good points as well but I really have no rebuttals argument. Did FC outgross X1 is my only question since I have no actual idea. I just think you stick what you have currently while bringing in the OT cast here for both story and perhaps a bit of financial return as well then close out the OT story with a happy ending and use this film with the aid of the OT to secure the FC guys going forward if that makes any sense.
But wouldn't all the events with Apocalypse negate the happy ending? Or do you see the two timelines branching off into separate continuities?

Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #125
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Out of the OT cast, Paquin, Ashmore and Page are still young enough that they still can continue playing the roles for a longer time than the older cast members.
You really can't have one without the other though. They are one cast. If Patrick, Halle, Hugh and Ian go, they might as well cut Anna, Shawn and Ellen too. This is because they were always supporting actors from the beginning and the characters they're playing were never the top leading "Stars" of the X-Men. I can't imagine an X-Men film where Rogue, Bobby and Kitty are leading a younger pack of X-Men. Who would care to see that anyway? X3 barely got by on the shoulders of Logan and Storm and even then it felt like something special was missing without Scott and Jean in the mix.

If you don't have the core X-Men members (Xavier, Logan, Storm, Cyclops and Jean) it's simply not "X-Men" to most people. Sure, others like Beast, Nightcrawler and Gambit can step in but they excel best when combined with the personalities of the core four (or five if you keep Xavier in the mix). If they are going to move forward with the FC cast, they MUST have Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops and Jean front and center. Otherwise you'll have another underperformer like FC...with mutants no one gives a damn about.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 12-10-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Closed Thread