The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #351
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Or showcase that she is an amazonian warrior that can fly. It distinguishes her from Superman...in much the same way Thor is distinguished from Iron Man even though they both can fly.

I think it would truly be better to showcase the fighting in lieu of the flying. Again, not say she shouldn't ever fly, but perhaps she can be granted or shown to have that ability at another time. For this movie, I think highlight her amazing Amazonia fighting prowess is the way to go.

To the detriment of her other abilities?

How is not showing her flying a detriment to her other abilities. By not showing her flying you have a chance to really showcase her abilities. She's a better ground fighter anyway.

No one is saying the jet isn't popular...in most cases she has a jet and the ability to fly. What better way to separate New WW from Old WW by having her do something the old one couldn't.

Again, there is no reason why this ability could not be shown later. She loses nothing really by not showing it so her other skills can be highlighted.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #352
Marvin
Side-Kick

If Snyder and Goyer weren't hip to contemporary material(like other producers these days), I'd expect her to be as she was in the tv series.

Otherwise I expect to see something similar to the comics.
That being said there is an awful lot of invisible jet talk(and snyder can probably do cool stuff with that on screen).

Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #353
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I think it would truly be better to showcase the fighting in lieu of the flying. Again, not say she shouldn't ever fly, but perhaps she can be granted or shown to have that ability at another time. For this movie, I think highlight her amazing Amazonia fighting prowess is the way to go.

why can't they do both?

How is not showing her flying a detriment to her other abilities. By not showing her flying you have a chance to really showcase her abilities. She's a better ground fighter anyway.
Or you could do both? I don't see how her flying means she can't be a warrior?

Again, there is no reason why this ability could not be shown later. She loses nothing really by not showing it so her other skills can be highlighted.
There is no reason why this ability can'r be show cased in this movie...along with her warrior skills.

Thor is a warrior that flies
Neo is a warrior that flies
why can't Wonder Woman?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #354
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Sure many people wouldn't know she can fly. Many will know nothing about her, period. For those with no idea of her flying abilities, at most it'll illicit a reaction such as "I didn't know she can fly?" and they'll move on. And I think some may be overstating how popular her past incarnations are. Same thing happened with the Donner films and that defense was used for SR before the film came out. Sometimes she has the jet and sometimes not. But, I don't think popularity needs to be a justification for it.
The Carter TV show is pretty much the only incarnation she is known for. What I think you guys are overestimating is the impact of a cartoon. Again, she needs to be distinguished as a ground fighter. Rather she has the jet or even the ability to fly is not really the issue. Establishing her creds and why she is such a bad azz is what is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
What separates the JL from other teams is who that characters are not what they can do.
All the more reason to show that SHE is an amazing fighter. That's really my point. It's not about nerfing her. It's about giving that aspect of her a chance to shine fully. It is what distinguishes her the most.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #355
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is no reason why this ability can'r be show cased in this movie...along with her warrior skills.

why can't Wonder Woman?
Neo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #356
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Carter TV show is pretty much the only incarnation she is known for. What I think you guys are overestimating is the impact of a cartoon. Again, she needs to be distinguished as a ground fighter. Rather she has the jet or even the ability to fly is not really the issue. Establishing her creds and why she is such a bad azz is what is important.

All the more reason to show that SHE is an amazing fighter. That's really my point. It's not about nerfing her. It's about giving that aspect of her a chance to shine fully. It is what distinguishes her the most.
Agreed. 110%

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #357
roach
I am the night

Quote:

You can establish her as a bad ass and have her fly...it's not that hard to do. It requires one scene. In the movie Thor...in one scene, fighting the ice giants, it is established that Thor is a fighter and can fly. It's not complicated and doesn't require much time or a string of movies.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #358
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Well, the cartoon caused some confusion when Ryan Reynolds played a white Green Lantern, so the cartoon did have an impact, and since the cartoon was serious, it's going to benefit from a lack of hipster stupidity and mockery.

And I feel Superman will always be portrayed as stronger, but you can showcase Wonder Woman having a brutal and disciplined fighting style that actually utilizes flight in her maneuvers and still avoid anyone mocking her.

(Over reactive hyperbole meant to be funny incoming)

And a flying Wonder Woman would crush a no flying Wonder Woman!

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #359
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Neo?
Did you not see the matrix movies?
Was he not an expert martial artist?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #360
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

why can't they do both?

They can...eventually. Just not in this movie.

In my view, distinguishing that one factor she be the goal and should take precedent over the fight. It's a superfluous power that really does nothing for her when you think about what does make her unique.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #361
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you not see the matrix movies?
Was he not an expert martial artist?
So is Batman and a host of other heroes it does not technically make them a "warrior," however.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #362
roach
I am the night

Quote:
why can't they do both?

They can...eventually. Just not in this movie.

In my view, distinguishing that one factor she be the goal and should take precedent over the fight. It's a superfluous power that really does nothing for her when you think about what does make her unique.
again why can't they do both?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #363
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:

why can't Wonder Woman?
Angels can fly.
Neo can fly.
Planes can fly.

Why does she have to fly when she's a kick ass ground warrior?

Quote:
Agreed. 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Well, the cartoon caused some confusion when Ryan Reynolds played a white Green Lantern, so the cartoon did have an impact, and since the cartoon was serious, it's going to benefit from a lack of hipster stupidity and mockery.
The cartoon is niche. In its heyday JL/JLU was watched by maybe a million people. It's important to you and I, but don't overestimate its important to the general public.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #364
roach
I am the night

Quote:
So is Batman and a host of other heroes it does not technically make them a "warrior," however.
and the definition of a warrior is????

Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #365
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Nope. Not overestimating the impact of the cartoons. But, they definitely have more exposure than the Carter show just for the very nature of being recent. Especially when it comes to kids.

Having the power of flight doesn't keep her from being a ground fighter. The same way it doesn't stop Superman or any other character with that power. I really don't understand how one could think that way. Especially when she's been depicted as so.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #366
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
again why can't they do both?
Why do they have to do both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Nope. Not overestimating the impact of the cartoons. But, they definitely have more exposure than the Carter show just for the very nature of being recent. Especially when it comes to kids.

Having the power of flight doesn't keep her from being a ground fighter. The same way it doesn't stop Superman or any other character with that power. I really don't understand how one could think that way. Especially when she's been depicted as so.
You think the cartoon is more known, but it is not.

Also as I have explained keeping her grounded allows for the opportunity to showcase her amazing fighting prowess. She does not need to fly to show that.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #367
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Angels can fly.
Neo can fly.
Planes can fly.

Why does she have to fly when she's a kick ass ground warrior?

The cartoon is niche. In its heyday JL/JLU was watched by maybe a million people. It's important to you and I, but don't overestimate its important to the general public.
Angels according to the bible were pretty sick warriors also.
Neo can fly and fights pretty well on the ground...and in the air.
Plans can fly...I am not sure I was trying disputing this but yes there is truth to it.

So characters can't be bad ass ground fighters and fly?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #368
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
and the definition of a warrior is????
My point is if that's the case everyone is a warrior so your point is mute.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #369
roach
I am the night

Quote:
My point is if that's the case everyone is a warrior so your point is mute.
What is the definition of a warrior?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #370
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Angels according to the bible were pretty sick warriors also.
Neo can fly and fights pretty well on the ground...and in the air.
Plans can fly...I am not sure I was trying disputing this but yes there is truth to it.

So characters can't be bad ass ground fighters and fly?
He didn't in the first movie though.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #371
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
What is the definition of a warrior?
a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #372
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Why do they have to do both?

You think the cartoon is more known, but it is not.

Also as I have explained keeping her grounded allows for the opportunity to showcase her amazing fighting prowess. She does not need to fly to show that.
in Man of Steel...Superman can fly and had pretty bad ass ground fights.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #373
roach
I am the night

Quote:
He didn't in the first movie though.
He did in the first movie...he flew at the end.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #374
roach
I am the night

Quote:
a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.
is not Neo a brave or experienced soldier or fighter...especially in the second and third movies.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #375
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
is not Neo a brave or experienced soldier or fighter...especially in the second and third movies.
You must be thinking I care if he's considered a warrior and I couldn't care less I'm just saying if everyone is a warrior that can fly why were those three so important? I'm just confused by your selection.

Quote:
*\S/T*