The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #376
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
He did in the first movie...he flew at the end.
For like 0.5 seconds. I completely forgot it was that throwaway of a scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #377
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
You must be thinking I care if he's considered a warrior and I couldn't care less I'm just saying if everyone is a warrior that can fly why were those three so important? I'm just confused by your selection.
I put him in there because he has pretty bad ass ground fights and flies...I admit there aren't many warrior fliers. I could have gone with the Hawkmen from Flash Gordon or the girl from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon but that was more gliding than flying.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #378
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
You think the cartoon is more known, but it is not.

Also as I have explained keeping her grounded allows for the opportunity to showcase her amazing fighting prowess. She does not need to fly to show that.
That's not what I said. It has more exposure because it's recent. The chances of someone younger say the age of 20, for example, seeing the Carter show is less than of the recent shows/films she's been on just by the very nature of when these shows have come out. Same thing can be said for Hulk.

Keep her grounded doesn't do that at all. Your train of thought with this aspect of her is so confusing to me. It's really mind bottling.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #379
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
It's really mind bottling.
You mean boggling?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #380
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
You mean boggling?
Nope...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #381
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Nope...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
YESSSSSS I thought thats what you were doing.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #382
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
YESSSSSS I thought thats what you were doing.

"

Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #383
roach
I am the night

Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #384
roach
I am the night

Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #385
roach
I am the night

Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #386
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

WW using or not using flight when she wants and looking cool each time...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"

Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #387
bluerayer
Swamp Thing 3.0

Quote:

bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #388
roach
I am the night

Quote:
WW using or not using flight when she wants and looking cool each time...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
works for me

Old 12-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #389
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That's not what I said. It has more exposure because it's recent. The chances of someone younger say the age of 20, for example, seeing the Carter show is less than of the recent shows/films she's been on just by the very nature of when these shows have come out. Same thing can be said for Hulk.

Keep her grounded doesn't do that at all. Your train of thought with this aspect of her is so confusing to me. It's really mind bottling.
I think she shouldn't fly in this movie. How mind boggling can that be? I have explained it in this thread and others, but if you don't get it then it's because you don't agree. I can accept that.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #390
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
I especially like this one because you can see how hyped the girls are seeing their hero.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #391
bluerayer
Swamp Thing 3.0

Quote:
I think she shouldn't fly in this movie.
Im fine either way, but if she doesn't fly "manually" id like to "see" the invisible jet. WW gotta have some form of transportation, right?

Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #392
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I wouldn't mind the jet.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #393
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I think she shouldn't fly in this movie. How mind boggling can that be? I have explained it in this thread and others, but if you don't get it then it's because you don't agree. I can accept that.
Your logic that flight somehow takes away from her being a great fighter was what I found so confusing. It's one thing to not want her to fly and leave it at that, but your reason simply didn't make sense to me.

"

Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #394
bluerayer
Swamp Thing 3.0

What would be cool is if they had the invisible jet in a rain sequence or something. So we kinda get to see it!

Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #395
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Your logic that flight somehow takes away from her being a great fighter was what I found so confusing. It's one thing to not want her to fly and leave it at that, but your reason simply didn't make sense to me.
*shakes head* It seems you have only read like one or two of my posts. What I have said and been continually saying is this:

Quote:
I think she shouldn't fly for two reasons.

One... If she is introduced in this film then for story purposes I think they would need to distinguish her from Superman. Considering he is the first super-powered being to reveal himself, and after the Kryptonian invasion, then finding out who and what she is would be and should be a necessity for the story. Now we don't know if it will go that way, but it could...

The second reason I am not in favor of the flying is I think it is very important to distinguish the qualities that make her different from Superman. Her powerset is similar to his, so it's better to highlight the qualities that distinguish her from him, i.e. warrior born and trained, agility, battle honed, etc...

Again, I'm not saying she can't fly at all at some later point if she gets her solo film, or even in a future JL film if we get that, but I think it is important to set up the traits and powers that really distinguish her from being like Superman as well as explain how and why she is different from him in the actual movie itself.
Hope that clears it up.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-29-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #396
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

"The things they say about her....can she really fly?"

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #397
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post

"The things they say about her....can she really fly?"
"I heard she was made from clay."

Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #398
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
*shakes head* It seems you have only read like one or two of my posts. What I have said and been continually saying is this:

Hope that clears it up.
Yeah, I remember those reasons. And I still don't get it. Her character is enough to distinguish her from Superman. Just like one can't confuse Superman with Zod. And as pointed out before, many of these characters' powers overlap and it hasn't been an issue before.

"

Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #399
roach
I am the night

Old 12-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #400
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Yeah, I remember those reasons. And I still don't get it. Her character is enough to distinguish her from Superman. Just like one can't confuse Superman with Zod. And as pointed out before, many of these characters' powers overlap and it hasn't been an issue before.
Then you're not understanding what I am saying and that is fine.

Roach...what is the point of posting all the pics? Yes, we know in the comics she can fly.