The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
X Knight
Saber Class

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part

I feel sorry for the guy who lands on Godzilla.......lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part

I would land on Godzilla and go for a ride until he starts to get his Atomic Breath ready. Hell of a way to go out.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I would land on Godzilla and go for a ride until he starts to get his Atomic Breath ready. Hell of a way to go out.
it would certainly make for one hell of a fondue!!

(Old George Carlin joke......lol)

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #29
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

George Carlin and Godzilla in the same joke??

Dats dat.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
X Knight
Saber Class

RIP George.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #31
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

So I just saw the trailer.

I was on board before, and there was nothing in the trailer that would dissuade me from plunking down my hard earned cash. I like that they are playing up the spectacle, but there does seem to be a human story in there too. And the cast is looking good too.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #32
Zeus
Side-Kick

Showed during the Hobbit, people loved it...At first this guy next to me thought it was a movie trailer for Halo (haha)

Godzilla's roar gave me goosebumps

Old 12-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #33
addison81
Side-Kick

I really like that poster for the film. Might have to add it to my collection. Also rewatched MONSTERS today and I'm really liking that film. I see a lot of people calling it boring but it just works for me.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #34
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

That HALO Jump sequence did look incredible on the big screen haha. From my first showing of The Hobbit, the Godzilla trailer and Interstellar trailer got the best responses from the audience.

Dats dat.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #35
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
That HALO Jump sequence did look incredible on the big screen haha. From my first showing of The Hobbit, the Godzilla trailer and Interstellar trailer got the best responses from the audience.
I know this isn't The Hobbit thread, but curious what you thought of it? Because over in that thread it's gotten out of hand. It's become like a Star Wars prequel thread, people bashing Jackson. And getting mad about some things being changed from the book. I loved the first film I'm sure I'll love this one.

Sorry back to godzilla (Nolan let me know )

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #36
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I know this isn't The Hobbit thread, but curious what you thought of it? Because over in that thread it's gotten out of hand. It's become like a Star Wars prequel thread, people bashing Jackson. And getting mad about some things being changed from the book. I loved the first film I'm sure I'll love this one.

Sorry back to godzilla (Nolan let me know )
I....liked the first one, but I was a bit let down because of my insanely high expectations so I went into this sequel with moderate expectations and I dug the **** out of it. Enjoyed it MUCH more than the first. As for that thread....yeah I took a peak and I'm not touching that thread with a 60ft pole.

Dats dat.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #37
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
I....liked the first one, but I was a bit let down because of my insanely high expectations so I went into this sequel with moderate expectations and I dug the **** out of it. Enjoyed it MUCH more than the first. As for that thread....yeah I took a peak and I'm not touching that thread with a 60ft pole.
Awesome man. You're usually like me. Positive outlook and open minded and usually enjoy things haha. Added you as a friend on here, love to chat more about the hobbit too.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #38
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Awesome man. You're usually like me. Positive outlook and open minded and usually enjoy things haha. Added you as a friend on here, love to chat more about the hobbit too.
Or anything in general. How bout that new Godzilla with Bryan ****ING Cranston huh?

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #39
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

That's how he's listed in the credits: BRYAN ****ing CRANSTON.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #40
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

BRYAN ****ING CRASTON AS.....Joe Brody/King Ghidorah.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #41
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

UNF.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #42
Breaker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I........still don't know what a Muto is...........

there's an organization called M.U.T.O.

but then there are monster creatures called Mutos??

so does that mean the 2 are connected??

I are confused........
From what I understand, there's an organization called M.U.T.O, who are most likely responsible for the creations of the two monsters that Godzilla will be facing. And it looks like Serizawa might be one of the members of the M.U.T.O organization. (Hey, he was a scientist after all in the original film who was creating a destructive power. I wouldn't put it pass him that he could have had a hand in creating these, Mutos creatures in some way.)

As for Godzilla, from what production pics had shown during filming, he will still have his nuclear origin, although a bit revamped:

Quote:
film a couple of weeks of scenes of the Janjira nuclear power station at risk of meltdown with radioactive leaks.

Quote:
Legendary Pictures has released yet another behind-the-scenes photo from the now-filming Godzilla, which takes us on the desk of Gamma research.
Although his rebirth within the film might be linked to Gamma Radiation, the Earthquake that occurs in Japan, and the Janjira Nuclear Power Plant meltdown. (An event that mirrors that of what happened back in 2011. The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster)

Of course, some of the film will take place in the 1950's, so maybe we'll get a better understanding. We'll have to wait and see to find out completely.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #43
X Knight
Saber Class

^^ thanks, man.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #44
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
UNF.
Mother of god

Dats it!

Old 12-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #45
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
From what I understand, there's an organization called M.U.T.O, who are most likely responsible for the creations of the two monsters that Godzilla will be facing. And it looks like Serizawa might be one of the members of the M.U.T.O organization. (Hey, he was a scientist after all in the original film who was creating a destructive power. I wouldn't put it pass him that he could have had a hand in creating these, Mutos creatures in some way.)

As for Godzilla, from what production pics had shown during filming, he will still have his nuclear origin, although a bit revamped:

Although his rebirth within the film might be linked to Gamma Radiation, the Earthquake that occurs in Japan, and the Janjira Nuclear Power Plant meltdown. (An event that mirrors that of what happened back in 2011. The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster)

Of course, some of the film will take place in the 1950's, so maybe we'll get a better understanding. We'll have to wait and see to find out completely.
That is how I'm expecting The Mutos to be created...

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I do have to wonder, exactly why those HALO jumpers are up to in that scene. Is this a search/rescue mission through a city turned battleground for monsters? They after a macguffin of some kind?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #47
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Because it looks cool that's why.

But seriously, it could be a Search and Rescue. No way they're gonna try to attack Godzilla directly.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #48
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I do have to wonder, exactly why those HALO jumpers are up to in that scene. Is this a search/rescue mission through a city turned battleground for monsters? They after a macguffin of some kind?
Guess we will have to wait and see haha.

Dats it!

Old 12-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #49
Breaker
Side-Kick

In terms of the Mutos in where they come from, they'll most likely be connected with:

"Door to Hell" and "Devil's Throat"

Both are sink holes, and they are probably the source of what will be coming at us. Since that's where most of the M.U.T.O Research has been spot at from the virals and linked to.

Man...MUTO Research is starting to sound a bit like Oscorp, I wouldn't be surprised if various monstrous mutations are spawned from their careless work. And I wouldn't be surprised if Godzilla's awakening causes the revival of several monsters as well.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #50
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

One thing is for sure: that scene is going to look awe-inspiring on the big screen in the proper context haha.

Dats dat.
Closed Thread