The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #51
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
In terms of the Mutos in where they come from, they'll most likely be connected with:

"Door to Hell" and "Devil's Throat"

Both are sink holes, and they are probably the source of what will be coming at us. Since that's where most of the M.U.T.O Research has been spot at from the virals and linked to.

Man...MUTO Research is starting to sound a bit like Oscorp, I wouldn't be surprised if various monstrous mutations are spawned from their careless work. And I wouldn't be surprised if Godzilla's awakening causes the revival of several monsters as well.
Oh no doubt. This isn't going to be just taking place in places like Tokyo, Hawaii, and San Francisco. This is truly going to be a worldwide event.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #52
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part

We are getting an updated TOHO Gzilla theme I hope?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #53
BrollySupersj
Burning RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
hey....we helped to start a new thread!!

anyways.....back to Godzilla.......what do you want his atomic breath to look like?

do you want the "blue laser" look or more of a flamethrower/fireball look?
Either beam and flames are good to me. As long as it's not the vapor type they used for the up close puppet shots.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #54
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
We are getting an updated TOHO Gzilla theme I hope?
We'll see what Alexandre Desplat has up his sleeve haha. I would hope so or at least a new theme that can stand on its own.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #55
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I know it'll be considered too campy, plus I am sure that TOHO is still touchy about the unlicensed use and all, but I want to hear Pharaohe Monch somewhere, even if it's just over the credits.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #56
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

And I want a Gamera reboot with this type of tone but we can't have everything can we?

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #57
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
hey....we helped to start a new thread!!

anyways.....back to Godzilla.......what do you want his atomic breath to look like?

do you want the "blue laser" look or more of a flamethrower/fireball look?
Long as it fits the movie I have no preference of what type it is, but I'd prefer a white type color, and no atomic breath outlines on his back fins before he shoots it.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #58
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
And I want a Gamera reboot with this type of tone but we can't have everything can we?

Dude, between a new Gzilla, Supes/Bats, new SW, A:AoU TAS-M2 ect. I am starting to think I CAN have everything.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #59
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomics View Post
Long as it fits the movie I have no preference of what type it is, but I'd prefer a white type color, and no atomic breath outlines on his back fins before he shoots it.
That's kinda what I've wanted as well. A white color would fit within the grounded tone they're trying to establish. As for his dorsal fins, I don't see them lighting up before his shoots his Atomic Breath but instead his eyes briefly and subtly change to a red/orange type color. But maybe I'm over thinking.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #60
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

It's been such a long time since a trailer actually made me feel fear. The look, tone and imagery just installs fear. Edwards mentioned wanting it to feel very 9/11-ish. As someone from NY who remembers that day very vividly, the feeling is there. Especially even experiencing hurricane Sandy last year. You get a legit idea of this being a world wide problem that's very real. And that's just from the trailer. You get that feeling of helplessness.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #61
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:

I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and **** all night. What men want does not matter

But seriously, give me the glowing dorsal fins and the classic "SERIZAWAAAA!" moment.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #62
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
It's been such a long time since a trailer actually made me feel fear. The look, tone and imagery just installs fear. Edwards mentioned wanting it to feel very 9/11-ish. As someone from NY who remembers that day very vividly, the feeling is there. Especially even experiencing hurricane Sandy last year. You get a legit idea of this being a world wide problem that's very real. And that's just from the trailer. You get that feeling of helplessness.
Especially with the POV shot.

You really get this sense of dread.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #63
Breaker
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, Gamera is the official protector of children, even when he went semi dark in Gamera 3. I don't think America would be willing to give Gamera a chance. His earlier days were more strange than Godzilla's lol Gamera probably isn't all that well known within the states. At least not to the same degree as Godzilla.

So doing a Gamera reboot would be extremely risky, since when you think about it, what is the right way of doing a American Gamera film?

If you meant Japan rebooting Gamera, well, they tried several years ago, and it pretty much bombed.

IF they were to remake the original Gamera film, well, you might have a successful start in Japan depending on how well the director understands what needs to be done. Gamera The Brave, technically while keeping true to the character in being the protector of children, probably should have been a remake of the original. The budget looked big enough to support such an idea, but I guess other plans were on the table.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Gamera will come back some day, most likely if Godzilla is a success, then we might be seeing signs of his revival in the near future.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #64
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Oh well I can dream.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #65
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think Gamera's films were ALWAYS thought of as campy, stange and very off putting to American audiences. Godzilla was ALWAYS thought of as the King Of Monsters and an iconic and badass presence on the big screen, no matter what path the franchise took. All I know is that as a child watching these films, whether good guy or bad guy, Godzilla was a certified badass and those films, even at their goofiest, have a charm. The Gamera films... Well I got some of the best MST3K episodes out of Gamera and I'll leave it at that, lest I offend the giant turtle's fanbase.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #66
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Especially with the POV shot.

You really get this sense of dread.
Totally, and I love it. This shot actually really reminds me of cloverfield. The shot where we see the monster from the helicopter.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #67
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Totally, and I love it. This shot actually really reminds me of cloverfield. The shot where we see the monster from the helicopter.
Totally. That's how I would imagine Godzilla as if it were real.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #68
Breaker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh well I can dream.
Why dream when you can use dragonballs! owo Wish it true! OR get Shusuke Kaneko again, at least he knows how to do a Gamera movie.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #69
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Also safe to bet we won't get Zilla humping a building in this film

Dats it!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #70
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

My idea of a Gamera reboot would be to have a young Sidney Poitier play the character.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #71
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #72
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I now demand a RANKIN/BASS produced stop motion Godzilla Christmas special. I DEMAND IT!! Trying to destroy Santa or save him, Godzilla must have his Christmas special!!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #73
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

He could just step on Rudolph like he did Bambi.

Dats dat.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #74
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Who remembers this non sense?

Dats it!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #75
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Still better than the movie.

Dats dat.
Closed Thread