The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 01-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #51
antondlt
Fish fingers and custard.

Default Re: The New 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
I was just thinking about finally jumping back into The Flash. #30 and Annual #3 look like the perfect time to do it.
With the return of Wally West and his Blue Lantern-y costume?

antondlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:41 AM   #52
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Who cares if he's blue? If that's him on that cover, I think he looks pretty awesome. I'm curious how his story plays out. I just hope he's not a villain (though I'll admit, I wouldn't really care because I came on to Flash with the New 52 (or just prior in a way), so I have no attachment to Wally.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #53
JTStarkiller
Now scan, alien!

Yeah, I mean at this point, I'm much more connected to Barry, but that's only because I never read any Wally comics. My only exposure to him was from the two Justice League animated series, and he really didn't have much story going on there. He was just "funny."

"I'm an avid reader of message boards because I like to know how people with poor grammar really feel." - Mike Birbiglia
JTStarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #54
antondlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
Who cares if he's blue? If that's him on that cover, I think he looks pretty awesome. I'm curious how his story plays out. I just hope he's not a villain (though I'll admit, I wouldn't really care because I came on to Flash with the New 52 (or just prior in a way), so I have no attachment to Wally.
I don't. It's actually pretty nice to see Wally in blue with all those lightning bolts around him. I just want to see how the story progresses; how Wally just suddenly popped out of the DCnU and his relationship with Barry and the others.

Might pick up this issue, actually.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #55
The Showstopper
Empathic Mimic

I'm happy to see Wally come back, but Barry is MY Flash. My first exposure to the character was seeing the old show with John Wesly Shipp as a kid, and when I got into comics and saw Wally I was like "Who the heck is this guy?" So needless to say, I was excited to see his return a few years ago, and have loved both Johns' and the current run with Buccellatto and Manapul.

The Showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #56
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Showstopper View Post
I'm happy to see Wally come back, but Barry is MY Flash. My first exposure to the character was seeing the old show with John Wesly Shipp as a kid, and when I got into comics and saw Wally I was like "Who the heck is this guy?" So needless to say, I was excited to see his return a few years ago, and have loved both Johns' and the current run with Buccellatto and Manapul.
I have a similar story, I got into Flash through the JL show, but this was in season one when his identity wasn't revealed yet, the first comic I ever read was a Secret Origins Annual #2 which featured all the origins of Batman, Superman, GL, Martian Mamhunter, The Flash, and JLA, The Flash story was by far my favorite and made me a Flash fan. The Flash in the story was Barry Allen, so when they revealed who it was in the JL animated show finally I was a bit disappointed or surprised I guess you could say because they used so many Barry Allen story elements on the show, I thought they were doing just a dumbed down version of Barry on the show. But I really enjoyed the Flash comics I had read and was disappointed that Barry wasn't being published regularly, so when they announced his return naturally I was thrilled, not that I had anything against Wally, I just didn't want to read Kid Flash as Flash and never got the appeal of that - I didn't count them as "real" Flash stories in a way.

Anyway I think New 52 Flash is the best thing about the New 52 so far...disappointed with the rest, and I hate Superman's armor, especially that damn collar, and miss the old ("real") costumes.

Fine with Wally being back, never thought they should have got rid of him to begin with, they should have just given him his own identity a LA Night wing or something, so I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't impede on anything with Barry Allen. I like all The Flash family.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #57
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I have a similar story, I got into Flash through the JL show, but this was in season one when his identity wasn't revealed yet, the first comic I ever read was a Secret Origins Annual #2 which featured all the origins of Batman, Superman, GL, Martian Mamhunter, The Flash, and JLA, The Flash story was by far my favorite and made me a Flash fan. The Flash in the story was Barry Allen, so when they revealed who it was in the JL animated show finally I was a bit disappointed or surprised I guess you could say because they used so many Barry Allen story elements on the show, I thought they were doing just a dumbed down version of Barry on the show. But I really enjoyed the Flash comics I had read and was disappointed that Barry wasn't being published regularly, so when they announced his return naturally I was thrilled, not that I had anything against Wally, I just didn't want to read Kid Flash as Flash and never got the appeal of that - I didn't count them as "real" Flash stories in a way.

Anyway I think New 52 Flash is the best thing about the New 52 so far...disappointed with the rest, and I hate Superman's armor, especially that damn collar, and miss the old ("real") costumes.

Fine with Wally being back, never thought they should have got rid of him to begin with, they should have just given him his own identity a LA Night wing or something, so I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't impede on anything with Barry Allen. I like all The Flash family.
But what if Wally fought his way back from the speed force or something, and convinces batman about the change and realises some of his past was erased and changed his life was condensed. then something tragic happens so batman and wally fight to restore the old continuity.
the result being that the old and new 52 world are merged together ( new universe ) so now everything that happened is no longer in a 5 year period.

This would be reminiscent of flashpoint and it would sort of pass on the baton to wally to change history for a change.

read your flash movie sypnosis.
really class, mirror master would be an awesome idea and could see the battle having a good climax.

hate the flash ring though, don't want it near a movie ever.
what about if he designs his suit from inspiration from supermans and batmans and takes elements from both and adding in his own personality into it.

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #58
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bickle View Post
But what if Wally fought his way back from the speed force or something, and convinces batman about the change and realises some of his past was erased and changed his life was condensed. then something tragic happens so batman and wally fight to restore the old continuity.
the result being that the old and new 52 world are merged together ( new universe ) so now everything that happened is no longer in a 5 year period.

This would be reminiscent of flashpoint and it would sort of pass on the baton to wally to change history for a change.
That'd be interesting, but I'd rather Barry do all that reality/universe altering stuff since it originated with him discovering the multiverse and things like that, etc...or at least he and Wally doing it together instead of just Wally.

Quote:
read your flash movie sypnosis.
really class, mirror master would be an awesome idea and could see the battle having a good climax.
Thank you! Glad you liked it! I'd much rather you MM be the villain than the Reverse Flash right away because most superhero movies always have the hero fight a villain with the same powers in the first film usually, I'd save him for the second film.

Quote:
hate the flash ring though, don't want it near a movie ever.
I never liked it much, especially at first, always thought it was kind of stupid and odd and like "why does Flash have a ring? That's GL's thing", but I could take or leave it really, I don't mind if it's in the movie or not, I'd just want to make it as...believable as possible I guess, if that's even possible if it were in a movie - which would mean no Flash logo on it for everyone to see for starters.

Quote:
what about if he designs his suit from inspiration from supermans and batmans and takes elements from both and adding in his own personality into it.

Not a bad idea and I'd be cool with that, but the way I tried to keep the first movie pretty self contained for the most part, but I could see him being inspired by the other big league heroes as he was a comics fan in the comics and actually was inspired by Superman and Batman.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 01-17-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #59
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

I bet they make Wally Black.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Charlie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #60
antondlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post
That would definitely be interesting to see.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #61
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Link, Link

Lex Luther and Captain Cold join the Justice League.

Kind of stoked about this!

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #62
antondlt

^Yeah! I've heard about it just a few minutes ago. Don't know what's happening with Justice League right now. Dropped it after the first arc. :c

Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #63
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
and homosexual............

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #64
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by antondlt View Post
^Yeah! I've heard about it just a few minutes ago. Don't know what's happening with Justice League right now. Dropped it after the first arc. :c
I've enjoyed it the whole way, though it did have some slow moments.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 01-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #65
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
and homosexual............
Hm, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Actually, I would be kinda surprised. I can see DC only doing one or the other. It would be way too progressive for them to do both.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Charlie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #66
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
Link, Link

Lex Luther and Captain Cold join the Justice League.

Kind of stoked about this!

WHAT??!! I am so psyched for this! Holy **** that's gonna be rad! Has this ever happened before, pre-N52??

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #67
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Hm, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Actually, I would be kinda surprised. I can see DC only doing one or the other. It would be way too progressive for them to do both.
He's gonna be black, gay, crippled, fat, and deaf. Whenever a certain group asks to be represented, they're going to give that trait to Wally.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #68
antondlt

Wally, and the Traits.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #69
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Ted Kord is back, too!

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 AM   #70
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfivingmf View Post
he's gonna be black, gay, crippled, fat, and deaf. Whenever a certain group asks to be represented, they're going to give that trait to wally.

lol

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #71
antondlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
Ted Kord is back, too!
Really? When? How? God, I'm out of touch with DC.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #72
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by antondlt View Post
Really? When? How? God, I'm out of touch with DC.
In Forever Evil #7.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...orever-evil-7/

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #73
Maximus One
Oddball

What?! Kord is back now too?! Too damn awesome! I still miss Jaime in The New 52 now though. Never got to finish reading his entire run but I really love that character

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #74
antondlt

Haven't started reading Forever Evil yet. But, damn.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #75
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Once they teased him in issue one, I figured it was only a matter of time.

The only issue I ever read with him in it was the one he died in and it was fantastic. I'm curious how he does in the New 52.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and