The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Nintendo to being work on smartphones and tablets

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Nint...236254591.html

Very interesting move for them. Their competitors are already in that game, so it's a new route.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nintendo to being work on smartphones and tablets

That's quite a departure for them considering they've said plenty of times they had no interest in bringing their IPs to the mobile space which always seemed like a huge missed opportunity. Just think of a Pokemon game they can release for $4.99 and have new Pokemons sold as micro transactions? It seems like free money they could milk out especially since everyone has a smartphone. Stuff like Mario, Warioware, Kirby and many of their other properties seem ripe for iOS style mini games as that's stuff would be more justifiable at 99 cents than a full retail experience on 3DS. Also they have a large catalog of old games they could adapt to the platforms. I hope they go this route. It would be a smart business decision for them.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Default Re: Nintendo to being work on smartphones and tablets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
That's quite a departure for them considering they've said plenty of times they had no interest in bringing their IPs to the mobile space which always seemed like a huge missed opportunity. Just think of a Pokemon game they can release for $4.99 and have new Pokemons sold as micro transactions? It seems like free money they could milk out especially since everyone has a smartphone. Stuff like Mario, Warioware, Kirby and many of their other properties seem ripe for iOS style mini games as that's stuff would be more justifiable at 99 cents than a full retail experience on 3DS. Also they have a large catalog of old games they could adapt to the platforms. I hope they go this route. It would be a smart business decision for them.
Imagine a genocide of preschoolers and that's about the level of disgust this brings. Pokemon with goddamn microtransactions urgh, get the **** out of here you sick person.

As far as it goes, I doubt this what many assume. I can imagine Nintendo making a smartphone or tablet device, but it will most likely still have some philosphies of a dedicated gaming device.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote