The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #26
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman
 
Monsieur Xavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: France
Posts: 4,565
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
What I don't understand is she claims she wasn't posing yet both of them are covering their nipples. How many ladies get out of the hot tub topless and cover their nipples?
Maybe because the sister was ready to take a picture so they covered their breasts...just guessing.

__________________
Corpus Luminis Praenuntiantis
Quilibet, Quolibet, Quandolibet
Society of Mystic Mariners
Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #27
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

lol...lol....that's one for modesty at least.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #28
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,210
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
There is an interesting juxtaposition that the US is seen as puritanical and yet we've got one of the, if not the largest pornography industries in the world. W'e've also got a (thankfully declining) problem with teenage pregnancy and our elderly are spreading STD's like it's candy.
This is a predictable outcome of repression.

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,285
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
This is a predictable outcome of repression.
Then why don't cultures that are far more repressive than the US suffer from the same ills?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman
 
Monsieur Xavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: France
Posts: 4,565
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

self deleted.

__________________
Corpus Luminis Praenuntiantis
Quilibet, Quolibet, Quandolibet
Society of Mystic Mariners

Last edited by Monsieur Xavier; 12-20-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,210
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Then why don't cultures that are far more repressive than the US suffer from the same ills?
I have a feeling you're trying to compare apples and oranges, so do you have examples (with statistics)? What do you mean when you say, "repressive?"

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #32
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not living up to other people's expectations.
Posts: 7,521
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Um...to thread topic...ew.

__________________
The Curious Stranger:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
Superman Prime
*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,673
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Television teaches us that women's breasts are more off-limits than realistic depictions of cold-blooded murder.

Yes, I can see how that could be defined as sexual repression.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,285
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
I have a feeling you're trying to compare apples and oranges, so do you have examples (with statistics)? What do you mean when you say, "repressive?"
What do you mean when you use the word "repression?" I take it that you were referring to sexual repression. Aren't there other cultures that are far more sexually repressed than the US? Do those countries suffer from what you referred to as the "predictable outcome of repression," as outlined in Teelie's post, namely teen pregnancy, a rise in sexually transmitted diseases among the elderly and a thriving pornography industry? And if the cultures that are more sexually repressed don't have those same conditions, can you really claim that they are the "predictable outcome of repression?"

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #35
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,210
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
What do you mean when you use the word "repression?"
I was just trying to make sure you weren't talking about restrictions posed by governments and were referring to repression in a purely cultural context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000
I take it that you were referring to sexual repression. Aren't there other cultures that are far more sexually repressed than the US? Do those countries suffer from what you referred to as the "predictable outcome of repression," as outlined in Teelie's post, namely teen pregnancy, a rise in sexually transmitted diseases among the elderly and a thriving pornography industry?
That was your implicit claim - why are you asking me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000
And if the cultures that are more sexually repressed don't have those same conditions, can you really claim that they are the "predictable outcome of repression?"
That depends upon the definitions we use (hence my earlier question) and the context of the culture itself.

My impression, however, is that sexual rebellion is often a result of sexual repression. People pursue that which they perceive to be taboo (this is why abstinence in place of real sexual education is total and utter ********), and will actively seek outlets for what we could reasonably call "repressed urges." Hence the thriving porn industry, which, while not subject to heavy restriction from government agencies in the U.S., is the subject of a rather heavy social stigma.

I think Japan's porn industry is another prime example. Those people are into some freaky ass ****.

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #36
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not living up to other people's expectations.
Posts: 7,521
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Television teaches us that women's breasts are more off-limits than realistic depictions of cold-blooded murder.

Yes, I can see how that could be defined as sexual repression.
And I agree that a woman's dignity should be off limits. But I mean come on...that's not creepy that a mom and daughter are topless together? I'm way past creeped out with just the thought of being naked in any situation that included my mom. I mean ew, that's my mom. It's just way past weird and twilight zonish. It's the same creeped out reaction I got when I read an article about Chris Hemsworth showing Tom Hiddleston a picture of him naked with his daughter.

There are just a lot of experiences which should not be shared no matter how close people are.

__________________
The Curious Stranger:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #37
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 22,680
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

I don't know why we are so offended by nudity. You are born naked, and die naked (my plan at least).

__________________
If SHH was a toy store, and posters were action figures, someone like Sawyer or a Pink Ranger would be like 1 per case. (posted by Erzengel on 11.20.14)

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #38
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not living up to other people's expectations.
Posts: 7,521
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Well, I'm offended by having my privacy invaded. When I'm taking a bath alone or getting dressed that's how I want it to be, just me and no one else in the bathroom with me. No one has any right to see me naked unless you are my husband and that's final. I only want one person to be privy to such a private, personal thing.

__________________
The Curious Stranger:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
Superman Prime
*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,673
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
And I agree that a woman's dignity should be off limits.

But I mean come on...that's not creepy that a mom and daughter are topless together? I'm way past creeped out with just the thought of being naked in any situation that included my mom. I mean ew, that's my mom. It's just way past weird and twilight zonish. It's the same creeped out reaction I got when I read an article about Chris Hemsworth showing Tom Hiddleston a picture of him naked with his daughter.
"Creepy" is nowhere near reason enough for me to assume the worst of anyone. Much less sentence them to jail for a year.

Is there any evidence that the mother caused the daughter harm in any way whatsoever? And please don't use "endangerment", nobody was "endangered".

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #40
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not living up to other people's expectations.
Posts: 7,521
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
"Creepy" is nowhere near reason enough for me to assume the worst of anyone. Much less sentence them to jail for a year.

Is there any evidence that the mother caused the daughter harm in any way whatsoever? And please don't use "endangerment", nobody was "endangered".
But dude...what parent bathes naked or near naked with a 14 year old child? My mom never did that when I was 14.

__________________
The Curious Stranger:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
Superman Prime
*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,673
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

There is no "but dude". Answer my question.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #42
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten
 
Teelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
I think Japan's porn industry is another prime example. Those people are into some freaky ass ****.
The crazy thing is they'll show you everything but mosaic the naughty bits that somehow makes it more acceptable in their society.

And lest anyone forget, Japan is the one who introduced the world to tentacle porn as a way to bypass their pornography censorship.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #43
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not living up to other people's expectations.
Posts: 7,521
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
There is no "but dude". Answer my question.
I'd think that would be psychologically damaging. I know if my mom were to saddle up to me in the bathtub when I was 14 I'd be more than a bit traumatized by it. Heck, at 41 the thought of that is pretty stressful.

__________________
The Curious Stranger:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-20-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,904
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

What a bunch of weirdies.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #45
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
But dude...what parent bathes naked or near naked with a 14 year old child? My mom never did that when I was 14.
But your dad always had a shirt on when he and you went to the beach???? You know, there are people trying to get the ban of women having to be covered up lifted. It's just a matter of time we'll see women jogging without shirts along the beach like the men do.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #46
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

My problem with this isn't the nudity or the fact a mom and her daughters where in a hot tub topless. If that is the way that woman chooses to raise her children then that is her right. There will be consequences to pay for that later on I'm sure. My issue is child porn was posted on snapchat. Since the daughter who posted it can't go to jail then the mother needs to since she was supposed to the responsible party in all this and failed. Simple as that.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

On the second page and still no photographic evidence? Booo, boo, booo!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #48
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,904
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Linking the photographic evidence would result in instant bans.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #49
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,728
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But your dad always had a shirt on when he and you went to the beach???? You know, there are people trying to get the ban of women having to be covered up lifted. It's just a matter of time we'll see women jogging without shirts along the beach like the men do.
I'm immediately reminded of a certain scene from Monty Python's "Meaning of Life".

I can't imagine that would be the norm though, as every girl I've known complains about the uh...discomfort...from jogging without a sports bra.

Far as the topic on hand, I dated a chick in college who grew up with just her mom and two sisters; it was common for them to walk/hang around the house in various stages of nudity together growing up.

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #50
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten
 
Teelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Mom Arrested for Nude Snapchat Photo with 14 Year Old Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
On the second page and still no photographic evidence? Booo, boo, booo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Linking the photographic evidence would result in instant bans.
And visits from the local police and/or FBI with accompaying arrests for viewing child porn.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.