The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 01-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dailey Bugle TV Spin-Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ GoldGoblin, you didn't read the thread fully...

It's not a movie concept. I agree with you, a movie about the Daily Bugle would be as boring (if not more so) than a movie about Shield.

This is a TV show concept that would (similarly to what Agents of Shield has done) expand the Amazing Spider-Man movie universe, which is something Webb & Co. have indicated they want to do...
^
To expand the universe of spider-man,you need to have spider-man in the center of it,just bring more things into his world.Without spider-man,your not expanding the universe,your subtracting to his universe.

I like the spider-man universe,because spider-man is in it.Without spider-man in it,the universe is just plain and boring.Spider-Man is the flour in a cake mix,without the flour,the cake is disgusting.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ What you are saying is what the whole debate is about...

For example, they've expanded the Avengers Movie Universe by creating the Agents of Shield TV show. Some don't like it because it doesn't have super heroes in it. But at the same time it does indeed all happen within the same universe as the Avengers movies, thus "expanding" it.

This is the same concept that Webb & Co. have expressed, which is what led to this Daily Bugle TV show idea of mine. Yes, it wouldn't have the super powered being going around fighting each other every week, but would focus more on the back stories or the aftermath of these types of battles, just like they've done in AOS.

Again, many don't like Agents because they want the super heroes, and that would definitely be a critique for a non-Spider-Man TV show. Now, would this concept allow some villains, like Tombstone or the Kingpin to be explored? Absolutely. Could Spiderman (since he wears a mask) be featured now and then? Sure he could, which would make the Daily Bugle TV show better than Agents.

But I can't agree with you that this idea wouldn't "expand" the Spider-Man universe. Absolutely it would...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #28
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, I agree that it would expand the Universe. Most expansions of anything don't contain the center, wouldn't be much of an expansion if they did. ASM2 isn't an "expansion" of the Spidey Universe, it's a sequel. Venom however, is an expansion, because it's not about Spidey.

A TV Spinoff would be the same way. I think it could be worse than Agents of SHIELD if it only includes occasional action for Spidey showing up "once in a while" while Agents of SHIELD includes at least some action every episode.

A show that allows for constant action, like Agents of SHIELD would be a much better route. A show that centers on a superhero would be even better, since that's what people want and you can give it to them, why not?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #29
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Take all the spidey movies and edit out all the scenes spidey is in,and make it a tv show.That show would not be something I would watch,sounds dull.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #30
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

No one would ever make a show that way.

None of the best shows on TV have Spider-Man in it, they are not dull, some are kind of awesome.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #31
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Can't believe they just announced an Agent Carter spin-off.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #32
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Woooow. Wow.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #33
Picard Sisko

I should have specified. Its an Agent Carter TV show. Why do we need one of those? The One-Shot idea was good enough IMO.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #34
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I saw that little mini movie of hers,and it was boring.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #35
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Take all the spidey movies and edit out all the scenes spidey is in,and make it a tv show.That show would not be something I would watch,sounds dull.
I think it would be so entertaining! The episode when the ink cartridges for the printers need replacing would be such a blast! When Bob goes to the canteen to have his ham sandwich that he made earlier, only to discover someone else ate it! Who is the mysterious thief? Find out next week!

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #36
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I should have specified. Its an Agent Carter TV show. Why do we need one of those? The One-Shot idea was good enough IMO.
A spinoff of a spinoff? How far are they willing to go? Next we'll have a show about Agent Carter's bedside lamp. Who knows, it might be enlightening

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #37
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Lamp...

En - light - ening...

I see what you did there!

Old 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #38
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Well, all that's well and good, here's the spinoff, I would do:

Spider-Girl

The Pitch: Buffy meets Smallville, in a fusion of the story of Arana, Spider-Girl and Ultimate Spider-Woman to be Sony's go-to female action heroine and a breakout TV show.

The Synposis: A young lady is chosen to receive super powers from the mysterious Spider Society, and it takes all of her cunning and wit to deal with it, survive high school and protect her father from the forces of darkness that threaten to overrun the city and the world.

Main Cast:
Anya Corazon
Ezekiel Sims
Gloria Grant
J. Jonah Jameson
Gilberto Corazon
Ned Leeds
Eugene Patillio
Liz Allan
Madame Cassandra Webb

The Beginning:

Anya Corazon is a new freshman at Midtown High School. She's young, impressionable and totally thinks Spider-Man is teh awesmenest. Her view on things changes when this weird old guy Ezekiel starts following her, as she gets near home, she's attacked by a group of black clad assassins, and Ezekiel saves her using Spider powers. She's terrified and amazed, and Ezekiel informs her she's been chosen to be the next Hunter for the Spider Society. Her father refuses to let her quit her internship at the Daily Bugle, and so she now has two jobs, one being a superhero, and still has to do well in school. Her father Gilberto and boss J. Jonah Jameson want her to work hard at the paper and be a reporter someday. Her mentors Cassandra Webb and Ezekiel Sims want her to grow her powers and perhaps become a seer like Cassandra Webb. Her friends, Gloria and Liz just want her to have fun, hang out with boys like Ned and stay away from ones like Eugene. She's just trying to figure out who she is... while also putting the smackdown the mysterious Wasp Sisterhood, their own 'hunter' Tarantula, network of assassins like Swarm, scientists like Dr. Miles Warren and criminals like Hammerhead, all of which is leveled directly at finding and destroying her.

Growing up is hard to do.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #39
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Man is this what we have come too.We have:
-Agents of Shield
-Peggy Carter
-Commisioner Gordon
-Now a Daily Bugle show.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #40
Picard Sisko

I still don't believe that Peggy Carter is getting her own show. SIGH.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #41
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Sigh!!!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...tv-series.html

Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #42
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So, now that we have TASM2, and we're set up as we are for the Sinister Six and more, I once again have to reiterate how this TV series idea of mine, focused in the Amazing Spider-Man universe and the goings on at the Bugle, makes so much sense.

By doing this they can focus on the things that they really can't in the movies. They can get into the whole crime lord aspect with some great villainous characters. Carlton Fisk, Tombstone, Hammerhead, etc.

What's more important is that this would be a great way to introduce Eddie Brock, as a minor background character at first, but with the future plans of using him in future movies. This way they wouldn't have to devote tons of time to introducing Brock, or even getting into the whole Bugle aspect, in TASM3.

I know, many fans want to see The Bugle in TASM3, but if there was an entire TV series dedicated to it then this would be less important.

This would even allow the whole symbiote story to be told, without having to dedicate too much of TASM3 to it.

Personally I would love to see Spidey need to use this symbiote technology that Doctor Octavius (I mean Menken or Smythe) developed, in order to defeat the Sinister Six, but I have a feeling that Webb is going in a different direction.

But if they did go this way then at the beginning of TASM4 (or end of TASM3) Peter could rid himself of the symbiote, which would find Brock and we go from there.

A Daily Bugle tv series could allow Brock to accuse the wrong man for the whole Sin-Eater thing and then lead to him feeling all of the guilt and pain associated with this. And since it would be Spiderman who captured the actual Sin-Eater villain (this could be nothing more than a story in the Bugle, discussed and played out during a couple of episodes), Brock would be put into that emotional state, which is what would lead to the symbiote bonding with him.

There really is so many great ways to go with this tv seried with all of the crime lords in the Spiderman universe, as well as all of the minor super-powered villains and even heroes.

This series could include the following:

Villains:

Kingpin
Sin-Eater
Silvermane
Tombstone
Silke
Spot

Heroes:

Cloak and Dagger
Moon Knight
Punisher (Now that would be a great spinoff)
Iron Fist
Luke Cage

And I'm sure there are many other Street Level possibilities...