The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #251
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboy10 View Post
And watch Breaking Bad, Charl. Please, do it for me ! You won't regret, trust me ! SO GOOD !
I will...I keep hearing how awesome it is. Once all the episodes are on Netflix then I probably will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
I want a big name for Lex Luthor, i want a movie actor. I have no doubt that Cranston is a great actor, but i want someone more famous.
Agreed. Not that I don't think Cranston would do a great job, but it seems like a step down if they are looking at actors like JP and Denzel.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #252
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,415
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I will...I keep hearing how awesome it is. Once all the episodes are on Netflix then I probably will.Agreed. Not that I don't think Cranston would do a great job, but it seems like a step down if they are looking at actors like JP and Denzel.
One business advantage to Cranston,
He might be more willing to sign a three contract deal.
But, I think that he is wrong for the role .

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #253
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,843
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Denizel was rumored weeks ago. The source is dated from the 5th.

Love Denizel but I don't think its true since the Cranston & Phoenix rumors are newer.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #254
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

That's a good point.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #255
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,415
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Btw, that Inquistr report is a recycling of the earlier Denzel rumors ,.
I heard he passed before they could even make an offer .
They might still be trying to get him though .
I just do not see a big gun movie star signing a three picture deal.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #256
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

I think RDJ's paydays and career resurgence may make other A-list actors reconsider signing on for multi-picture deals.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #257
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,843
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Where are these 3 deal films coming from?

Affleck has a one deal and will reprise Batman but we don't know how many times. Cavill probably has 3. Fishburne only had one and he's back.

Just sign someone.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #258
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,855
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Hey I haven't been paying much attention to any new updates but wasn't Phoenix announced as the leading candidate? has anything changed to say he's not the front-runner anymore?

Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #259
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,415
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

JP, though?
Certainly not Denzel.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #260
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,415
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Hey I haven't been paying much attention to any new updates but wasn't Phoenix announced as the leading candidate? has anything changed to say he's not the front-runner anymore?
The AMC Movie Guy tweeted Cranstons back in the mix,
Two untested sources though ,not confirmed at this time.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #261
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,855
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
The AMC Movie Guy tweeted Cranstons back in the mix,
Two untested sources though ,not confirmed at this time.
Oh...

I'm a huge BB fan but this casting would be so, I don't know typical i guess?

Part of me feels like Cranston probably wasn't actually offered the role earlier on when he was rumored too but the producers probably saw the positive internet reaction and are probably thinking of just going for it.

I think Joaquin would be the more out of the box choice that could shake up some of the lack-lustre casting this movie has been accused of.

Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #262
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think Joaquin would be the more out of the box choice that could shake up some of the lack-lustre casting this movie has been accused of.
If they are able to secure JP for Lex that would be huge. He's a great actor and it would really add another dimension to the movie and the character of Lex. I still got my fingers crossed for him.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #263
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,075
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

I'd pick Bryan Cranston over Joaquin Phoenix.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #264
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,415
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Hey I haven't been paying much attention to any new updates but wasn't Phoenix announced as the leading candidate? has anything changed to say he's not the front-runner anymore?
The AMC Movie Guy tweeted Cranstons back in the mix,
Two untested sources though ,not confirmed at this time.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #265
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,075
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Campea has some credibility. I'm really hoping this Cranston rumor ends up being true. I like the idea of that a lot more than Phoenix. Sure, Phoenix is younger but that's the only plus for him imo. Cranston is a lot, lot better at being a menacing villain than Phoenix is.

Phoenix's character in Gladiator was great, but the character was pretty weak and wimpy, and that's what made you hate him. Luthor is a strong personality, and Cranston's mannerisms and voice would work a lot better for Luthor.

Phoenix's voice doesn't sound anything like Luthor should sound.

That fan trailer with Phoenix as Lex made me cringe. I can't find it right now, but Phoenix was trying to sound badass and failed pretty hard.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #266
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Again I ask...what has Cranston done beside Breaking Bad? I really do get the impression that's all people are going off of. What did they call him in the show? Heisenberg? It's like people just don't want that end and keep clamoring for him to keep playing that but in another form called Lex Luthor...lol.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #267
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Cranston, Washington, and Phoenix are all great choices.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #268
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,075
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Again I ask...what has Cranston done beside Breaking Bad? I really do get the impression that's all people are going off of.
How about you watch Breaking Bad before forming an opinion on Cranston?

So what if that's why people want him as Luthor? The only reason people can see Phoenix as Luthor is because of Gladiator, a 2 hour movie. The main reason people can see Cranston as Luthor is because he played one of the greatest villains of all time for 30+ hours. I think that's enough to form an opinion on him as to whether he'd make a good Lex or not.

Cranston would be an infinitely better Lex than Phoenix imo. but i'd support either. Phoenix's voice is pretty weak sounding compared to Cranston's voice.

Since Superman the Animated Series, I've wanted Lex to have a booming voice like Clancy Brown, and Cranston could deliver that.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #269
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
How about you watch Breaking Bad before forming an opinion on Cranston?

So what if that's why people want him as Luthor? The only reason people can see Phoenix as Luthor is because of Gladiator, a 2 hour movie. The main reason people can see Cranston as Luthor is because he played one of the greatest villains of all time for 30+ hours. I think that's enough to form an opinion on him as to whether he'd make a good Lex or not.

Cranston would be an infinitely better Lex than Phoenix imo. but i'd support either. Phoenix's voice is pretty weak sounding compared to Cranston's voice.

Since Superman the Animated Series, I've wanted Lex to have a booming voice like Clancy Brown, and Cranston could deliver that.
I will watch the show and I never offered any opinion on Cranston or his acting. I think he's a step down from an Academy Award nominee like JP though, and I don't need to watch the show to think that.

My question is valid because I'm wondering if people keep suggesting him because of his role on Breaking Bad. Rather I have seen the show is irrelevant to the question or answer.

A booming voice like Clancy Brown.... LOL...the love for TImm-verse will never end....lol. I'm not mad at that though.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #270
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,283
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
How about you watch Breaking Bad before forming an opinion on Cranston?

So what if that's why people want him as Luthor? The only reason people can see Phoenix as Luthor is because of Gladiator, a 2 hour movie. The main reason people can see Cranston as Luthor is because he played one of the greatest villains of all time for 30+ hours. I think that's enough to form an opinion on him as to whether he'd make a good Lex or not.

Cranston would be an infinitely better Lex than Phoenix imo. but i'd support either. Phoenix's voice is pretty weak sounding compared to Cranston's voice.

Since Superman the Animated Series, I've wanted Lex to have a booming voice like Clancy Brown, and Cranston could deliver that.
I haven't even seen Gladiator, and i've been suggested Phoenix for a long time...

I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan, but I don't want Cranston as Lex.

He played an amazing Walter White, but going straight into another villanous, power mad, psycho role would open it up to too much comparison.

I'd MUCH rather he were cast as Gordon, which is a totally different role, but one that fits him incredibly well.

Beyond that, I do agree with some that Phoenix 'star quality' is higher. Plus he's more the age range I want for my Luthor.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #271
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

I think people want Cranston based on Breaking Bad. There wasn't much clamor for him before that. That's not a bad thing though. He was fantastic as a villainous character on Breaking Bad.

Gladiator is the main reason I want Phoenix. I just hated Commodus so much. And that's how I want to feel about a villain. I just want to be sitting in the audience thinking "Get him Superman! Just get him because I can't stand him!"

To be fair, I think Cranston, Washington, and Phoenix could all accomplish this. I just like Phoenix a bit more because he has more experience and because I have a special place in my black heart for Commodus. There are two times a villain has made me want to reach into the screen and stab them myself. Commodus in Gladiator was the first and Heath as the Joker was the second. I want to feel like that again with Luthor.


Last edited by MrsKent26; 12-25-2013 at 08:01 PM.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #272
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,075
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I will watch the show and I never offered any opinion on Cranston or his acting. I think he's a step down from an Academy Award nominee like JP though, and I don't need to watch the show to think that.

My question is valid because I'm wondering if people keep suggesting him because of his role on Breaking Bad. Rather I have seen the show is irrelevant to the question or answer.
This is ignorant. The reason why people are in love with Cranston is because of Breaking Bad. The stuff he did up until that point doesn't really show his chops. He got bad parts up until Breaking Bad (even though Malcolm in the Middle was great)

Breaking Bad is Oscar quality. It's the single greatest show of all time. I truly believe Cranston is one of the best actors alive today. And Anthony frickin' Hopkins agrees with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hopkins
Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening ******** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.
Anthony Hopkins thinks that the cast of Breaking Bad and Bryan Cranston especially are the greatest actors he's EVER seen. Do yourself a solid and get educated on Bryan Cranston's work before you say that another actor is better than him. Bryan Cranston's work on Breaking Bad broke barriers between TV and film.

Phoenix may be in more films than Cranston, but that doesn't make him a better actor. And if Breaking Bad was a movie, i guarantee Cranston would have won best actor. Cranston on Breakign Bad was the best, most interesting and attention grabbing acting I've probably ever seen.

And lots of people, aside from Anthony Hopkins, would agree with me. Breaking Bad has a huge following for a reason. I've never seen anything from Joaquin Phoenix that has impressed me as much as Cranston did as Walter White.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #273
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 31,338
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Breaking Bad>>>>>most films nowadays.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 3/25/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #274
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,762
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This is ignorant. The reason why people are in love with Cranston is because of Breaking Bad. The stuff he did up until that point doesn't really show his chops. He got bad parts up until Breaking Bad (even though Malcolm in the Middle was great)

Breaking Bad is Oscar quality. It's the single greatest show of all time. I truly believe Cranston is one of the best actors alive today. And Anthony frickin' Hopkins agrees with me.



Anthony Hopkins thinks that the cast of Breaking Bad and Bryan Cranston especially are the greatest actors he's EVER seen. Do yourself a solid and get educated on Bryan Cranston's work before you say that another actor is better than him. Bryan Cranston's work on Breaking Bad broke barriers between TV and film.

Phoenix may be in more films than Cranston, but that doesn't make him a better actor. And if Breaking Bad was a movie, i guarantee Cranston would have won best actor. Cranston on Breakign Bad was the best, most interesting and attention grabbing acting I've probably ever seen.

And lots of people, aside from Anthony Hopkins, would agree with me. Breaking Bad has a huge following for a reason. I've never seen anything from Joaquin Phoenix that has impressed me as much as Cranston did as Walter White.
Dude...your love of Breaking Bad should be legendary...lol

I won't even engage this if you think a TV actor who is consistently playing the same role season in and season out has the same range an actor does who takes on various different movie roles over a long and tenured career. I just won't even go there because that is ignorant.

Carry on though...

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #275
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,878
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I haven't even seen Gladiator, and i've been suggested Phoenix for a long time...

I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan, but I don't want Cranston as Lex.

He played an amazing Walter White, but going straight into another villanous, power mad, psycho role would open it up to too much comparison.

I'd MUCH rather he were cast as Gordon, which is a totally different role, but one that fits him incredibly well.

Beyond that, I do agree with some that Phoenix 'star quality' is higher. Plus he's more the age range I want for my Luthor.


Cranston as Gordon would be boss, and having Cranston as Lex might replace someone better suited against a younger Superman.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.