The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #276
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Dude...your love of Breaking Bad should be legendary...lol

I won't even engage this if you think a TV actor who is consistently playing the same role season in and season out has the same range an actor does who takes on various different movie roles over a long and tenured career.
I just won't even go there because that is ignorant.

Carry on though...
You really think Cranston has no range? Take a look at his two most famous roles... the dad on Malcolm in the Middle and Breaking Bad. You REALLY have no idea what you're talking about.

There's a lot of Breaking Bad fans here. Someone else is going to call you out here soon too if you keep making ignorant comments like this.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #277
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Bryan Cranston has no range I almost wanna put that in my sig.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #278
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Campea has some credibility. I'm really hoping this Cranston rumor ends up being true. I like the idea of that a lot more than Phoenix. Sure, Phoenix is younger but that's the only plus for him imo. Cranston is a lot, lot better at being a menacing villain than Phoenix is.

Phoenix's character in Gladiator was great, but the character was pretty weak and wimpy, and that's what made you hate him. Luthor is a strong personality, and Cranston's mannerisms and voice would work a lot better for Luthor.

Phoenix's voice doesn't sound anything like Luthor should sound.

That fan trailer with Phoenix as Lex made me cringe. I can't find it right now, but Phoenix was trying to sound badass and failed pretty hard.
That's not a fact. Cranston was great as Walter White he sucked as the villain in the new Total Recall though for example and you can't assume Phoenix would play a totally different villain just like he did his role in gladiator either.

Coming from a cranston and BB fan, i'm almost positive we'd end up with a watered down Heisenberg with Cranston as lex. Maybe if Vince Gilligan was directing this i'd have more faith?

Old 12-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #279
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
You really think Cranston has no range? Take a look at his two most famous roles... the dad on Malcolm in the Middle and Breaking Bad. You REALLY have no idea what you're talking about.

There's a lot of Breaking Bad fans here. Someone else is going to call you out here soon too if you keep making ignorant comments like this.
LOL...relax. I don't care how much you love the show or how bad Cranston was in that role. I don't think he has the same range as an actor like JP or Denzel or any other Academy Award nominee. I will watch the show and he's probably excellent in it, but it's one role. Just one role...okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
That's not a fact. Cranston was great as Walter White he sucked as the villain in the new Total Recall though for example and you can't assume Phoenix would play a totally different villain just like he did his role in gladiator either.

Coming from a cranston and BB fan, i'm almost positive we'd end up with a watered down Heisenberg with Cranston as lex. Maybe if Vince Gilligan was directing this i'd have more faith?
He was in Total Recall...LOL. I don't even remember him, but the movie is pretty forgettable though.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #280
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Campea has some credibility. I'm really hoping this Cranston rumor ends up being true. I like the idea of that a lot more than Phoenix. Sure, Phoenix is younger but that's the only plus for him imo. Cranston is a lot, lot better at being a menacing villain than Phoenix is.

Phoenix's character in Gladiator was great, but the character was pretty weak and wimpy, and that's what made you hate him. Luthor is a strong personality, and Cranston's mannerisms and voice would work a lot better for Luthor.

Phoenix's voice doesn't sound anything like Luthor should sound.

That fan trailer with Phoenix as Lex made me cringe. I can't find it right now, but Phoenix was trying to sound badass and failed pretty hard.
I agree .
Campea does have credibility.
But, he did ask movie news sites not to run with the story.
That indicates to me that he is not entirely certain about this rumor.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #281
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
LOL...relax. I don't care how much you love the show or how bad Cranston was in that role. I don't think he has the same range as an actor like JP or Denzel or any other Academy Award nominee. I will watch the show and he's probably excellent in it, but it's one role. Just one role...okay.
Oh I'm relaxed! It's just so many of your posts make me It's going to be a long road to the BvS premiere, eh Charl?

I think it's best we move along, I disagree with everything you're saying here.

JP, Denzel, Cranston, i'd be fine with any of em as Lex. Just so long as we get a name of that calibre, I'll be fine. Lex isn't the hardest role to do.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #282
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL...relax. I don't care how much you love the show or how bad Cranston was in that role. I don't think he has the same range as an actor like JP or Denzel or any other Academy Award nominee. I will watch the show and he's probably excellent in it, but it's one role. Just one role...okay.He was in Total Recall...LOL. I don't even remember him, but the movie is pretty forgettable though.
If Cranston had never done Breaking Bad his name would not be a part of this conversation

Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #283
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
If Cranston had never done Breaking Bad his name would not be a part of this conversation
This

Quote:
Oh I'm relaxed! It's just so many of your posts make me It's going to be a long road to the BvS premiere, eh Charl?

I think it's best we move along, I disagree with everything you're saying here.

JP, Denzel, Cranston, i'd be fine with any of em as Lex. Just so long as we get a name of that calibre, I'll be fine. Lex isn't the hardest role to do.
lol...I often feel the same about your posts. It's no biggie though. People can have different opinions.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #284
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post

Okay well, when you look at the best villain role Phoenix has turned in (Gladiator) and the best villain role Cranston has turned in (Breaking Bad), there's no contest. Cranston is so much more menacing.

Commodus was a huge wimp with too much power. Not very Lex-like. it was easy to hate him because of this. If Commodus had no power, he wouldn't be menacing or intimidating, he'd just be an entitled punk.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #285
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I'll agree with this. He didn't get roles in Hollywood before Breaking Bad. Does this mean he's not right for the role though? No. Not at all. So I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. He's still perfect for Lex.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #286
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

And speaking of BB, I've never had so many different emotions regarding any fictional character than I did with Walter White.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #287
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol...

I like JP. He has shown some incredible range over his career and in movies that I wouldn't normally be drawn to. I'm not feeling the same about Denzel. His villainous roles are kind of one note to me, and I haven't seen him really stretch himself in a long time.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #288
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
And speaking of BB, I've never had so many different emotions regarding any fictional character than I did with Walter White.
Same. I wanted to hate him, but I could never bring myself to. Such a complex character. Anyone making hasty ignorant statements and opinions on Cranston is doing a huge disservice to their credibility when they haven't even freaking watched Breaking Bad.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #289
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Okay well, when you look at the best villain role Phoenix has turned in (Gladiator) and the best villain role Cranston has turned in (Breaking Bad), there's no contest. Cranston is so much more menacing.

Commodus was a huge wimp with too much power. Not very Lex-like. it was easy to hate him because of this. If Commodus had no power, he wouldn't be menacing or intimidating, he'd just be an entitled punk.
Phoenix wouldn't be playing Commodus and Cranston wouldn't be playing Walter.

Both of those roles are examples of how much range each actor has and how well they could play a villain. But that doesn't mean Lex would have to be like either of them.

But both actors have range and could do the role justice.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #290
Rorschach2012
$

I can understand most casting suggestions for Luthor, but the one that really makes no sense to me is Tom Hanks. That's literally one of the worst ideas (regarding ANYTHING) that I've ever heard.

Tom Hanks is a solid actor. But seriously? Luthor? No. I don't even want him to be part of the DCU but if he had to be, I'd peg him as Gordon.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #291
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I will watch Breaking Bad...okay, but I got a news flash for ya. It's probably not going to make me fall in love with him for Luthor. I get though that some of you are in love with him and more power to you and that love.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #292
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
I will watch Breaking Bad...okay, but I got a news flash for ya. It's probably not going to make me fall in love with him for Luthor. I get though that some of you are in love with him and more power to you and that love.
You're going to go into the show with this negative POV on Bryan Cranston now and probably won't enjoy it. Plus, the Luthor vibes only come into play around the 3rd season. You won't see Luthor in him until you watch the show for a while.

Yeah I'm definitely in love with that show. Not ashamed of that at all. It's the best show I've ever seen.

I actually want 2 other actors from that show to be part of the DCCU. Aaron Paul (Barry Allen) and Giancarlo Esposito (J'onn Jonzz or Mr. Freeze). I'm definitely a Breaking Bad fanboy. And proud of it!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #293
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #294
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
lol...

I like JP. He has shown some incredible range over his career and in movies that I wouldn't normally be drawn to. I'm not feeling the same about Denzel. His villainous roles are kind of one note to me, and I haven't seen him really stretch himself in a long time.
I actually agree with this. If this movie were coming out right after Training Day, then I'd be completely on board with Denzel as Lex, but he's been phoning in his performances for a LONG WHILE.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #295
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
You're going to go into the show with this negative POV on Bryan Cranston now and probably won't enjoy it. Plus, the Luthor vibes only come into play around the 3rd season. You won't see Luthor in him until you watch the show for a while.

Yeah I'm definitely in love with that show. Not ashamed of that at all. It's the best show I've ever seen.

I actually want 2 other actors from that show to be part of the DCCU. Aaron Paul (Barry Allen) and Giancarlo Esposito (J'onn Jonzz or Mr. Freeze). I'm definitely a Breaking Bad fanboy. And proud of it!!!
Good for you. I know you're not alone in that love. Lots people like the show, so there is no surprise there.

I doubt I'll have a negative POV on Cranston. I don't know the guy from anything else, but I have heard great things about him in that role, so I will watch it with an open mind.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #296
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Good for you. I know you're not alone in that love. Lots people like the show, so there is no surprise there.

I doubt I'll have a negative POV on Cranston. I don't know the guy from anything else, but I have heard great things about him in that role, so I will watch it with an open mind.
Every season is amazing, but the climax is towards season 4. I really recommend watching all of it as fast as you can, you're best able to appreciate it that way. It's not like other television series. There aren't filler episodes, it's one continuous story. It's basically a super long movie. But better than most movies.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #297
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

~SHH SIX~
Old 12-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #298
GreenKToo
In the fire

Ive never watched BB but id be ok with bc. Id prefer jp but whatever. Just cast one or the other already and be done with it. This bickering is growing old.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #299
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Every season is amazing, but the climax is towards season 4. I really recommend watching all of it as fast as you can, you're best able to appreciate it that way. It's not like other television series. There aren't filler episodes, it's one continuous story. It's basically a super long movie. But better than most movies.
I'm waiting for all the episodes to arrive on Netflix then I have to wait for a time when I can binge watch. I'm sure it's great. Everyone in my family watches the show and loves it, so I'm sure I will like it. I'm just not generally into shows that focus on drugs and drug dealing. It's not my cup of tea, but since it has become this cultural phenomena then I suppose it's worth watching.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #300
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Seriously, give it a shot. The drugs are a big part of it, but there's so much more to the show than that. In my opinion, it's the best show to ever appear on television.

Closed Thread