The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #101
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Singer will do anything new in terms of Special FX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
remembering of course bryan singer had a big hand in the story and set up of First Class, well lets put it this way bryan singer originally wanted sunspot to be in First class and from how it sounds he was going to be one of shaws footmen (azazel,emma,Riptide), and giving how there was no development for anyone who worked with shaws, you can kinda get the idea what bryan singer would likely do with his character
And I hate that. These characters need to be respected. These characters are apart of many comics, have history and part of Marvel history as a whole. They shouldn't add so much characters they can't handle.

Blink is a fan favorite. And for me also. I don't wanna her to get 5 minutes screentime and two lines. Hopefully the future scenes have all the characters together.

BeastStorm98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #102
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
remembering of course bryan singer had a big hand in the story and set up of First Class, well lets put it this way bryan singer originally wanted sunspot to be in First class and from how it sounds he was going to be one of shaws footmen (azazel,emma,Riptide), and giving how there was no development for anyone who worked with shaws, you can kinda get the idea what bryan singer would likely do with his character
Um no, singer isn't at fault for first class underdeveloped characters, just cause singer was involved it still was very much vaughns film, plus he and jane and two other guys wrote the script. If vaughn wanted he could have gave those characters depth. Hmm he was prob too busy with ms.jones to care.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #103
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
Um no, singer isn't at fault for first class underdeveloped characters, just cause singer was involved it still was very much vaughns film, plus he and jane and two other guys wrote the script. If vaughn wanted he could have gave those characters depth. Hmm he was prob too busy with ms.jones to care.
Singer had a hand in casting, story, design ect ect, now to whether or not singer would have given certain characters some development if he had a bigger hand in the script (obviously there was a draft of a script from him and Simon Kinberg before vaughn took over reworked it abit) we don't know, im very much assuming he wouldn't, it doesn't sound like collosus is there to have character development, and given his track record for even X1 and X2 of having mute characters with if your lucky a few lines (mostly 1 line)... i think its pretty much the same thing and would have been exactly the same

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #104
Malik
Side-Kick

Well then he shouldn't have brought back the ot cast then, and should have had x3 be their last x-men movie, collosus was just a cameo in X2, singer would have prob recast him with another actor If It wasn't for X3 look at kitty three different actresses.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:48 AM   #105
Constantron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
Well then he shouldn't have brought back the ot cast then, and should have had x3 be their last x-men movie, collosus was just a cameo in X2, singer would have prob recast him with another actor If It wasn't for X3 look at kitty three different actresses.
I think that Kitty was first appeared in X2 and then in X3 and DOFP is with the same actress, Ellen Page. Other than that I really don't understand why they don't make a production, huge as Lord of the Rings, with a trilogy of 3hour moves to satisfy fans, audience and their profit!

Constantron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #106
xrs13
Cold as ice

Colossus was the same actor from x2 to x3, kitty appeared in X1, X2 and X3 but she was only a cameo in the first two so I dont get why people get so uppety about it.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #107
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantron View Post
I think that Kitty was first appeared in X2 and then in X3 and DOFP is with the same actress, Ellen Page. Other than that I really don't understand why they don't make a production, huge as Lord of the Rings, with a trilogy of 3hour moves to satisfy fans, audience and their profit!
Kitty was in X-men as well.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #108
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Kitty was in X-men as well.
I really wish they would have had jubilee in future films. Her powers would have been cool on film.

KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #109
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Yes. After her small appearance in X2, I thought they would upgrade her as one of the new X-Men in X3 along with Colossus. But instead of Jubilee, they chose Shadowcat to have a bigger role in X3.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 AM   #110
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I wonder why they made that choice. They clearly could've kept both characters.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 AM   #111
BMM
Side-Kick

They had a difficult enough time balancing so many characters in The Last Stand. They probably didn't want to add more to the mix. Plus, more powers means higher costs.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 AM   #112
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Also the older the actress got, the less she looked like Jubilee. Not that that has stopped them before but I digress.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 AM   #113
Constantron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yes. After her small appearance in X2, I thought they would upgrade her as one of the new X-Men in X3 along with Colossus. But instead of Jubilee, they chose Shadowcat to have a bigger role in X3.
So what happened with Jubilee? Why they haven't developed her? She would be fun! Do you think we are going to see her now?

Constantron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:08 AM   #114
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

That's a good question, but I personally doubt it.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #115
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Singer has mentioned numerous times that this is the biggest film he's ever made. And when speaking about the trailer he said they were in the process of making really elaborate effects. He's definitely gonna surprise a lot of people come second trailer release.

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #116
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantron View Post
So what happened with Jubilee? Why they haven't developed her? She would be fun! Do you think we are going to see her now?
And people care why? Jubilee Is a poor man's Kitty.Jubilee Is mostly anoying character.And I would much rather have kitty.A factor why I like wolverine and
the X-Men over X_men 1990's.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #117
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And people care why?
Because people like Jubilee?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #118
xrs13
Cold as ice

(In response to Marvelrobbins) They are two completely different characters, have some respect for those that do like the character. I like both of them and liked the fact she was in X1 and 2 as a cameo.

On another note, I cannot wait to see some of the visual effects in this film. I am hoping they look real, one of the few things that I wasnt that happy with FC was the small amount of time they had for special effects, and I felt you could see it in the film.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #119
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
(In response to Marvelrobbins) They are two completely different characters, have some respect for those that do like the character. I like both of them and liked the fact she was in X1 and 2 as a cameo.

On another note, I cannot wait to see some of the visual effects in this film. I am hoping they look real, one of the few things that I wasnt that happy with FC was the small amount of time they had for special effects, and I felt you could see it in the film.
She was also In last Stand In cameo.

I maintain she Is a weak poor man's Kitty subsitute.I accept those who before films mostly knew X-Men from animated show like her and want to see her in films and I who came from comics first to X-Men say I would rather have kitty.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #120
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
And people care why? Jubilee Is a poor man's Kitty.Jubilee Is mostly anoying character.And I would much rather have kitty.A factor why I like wolverine and
the X-Men over X_men 1990's.
Funny thing is people say the same thing about Kitty.

"Professor Xavier is a jerk!"

Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #121
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I say the same thing about both.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #122
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^ HA! But I do prefer Jubilation over Pryde.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #123
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I maintain she Is a weak poor man's Kitty subsitute.I accept those who before films mostly knew X-Men from animated show like her and want to see her in films and I who came from comics first to X-Men say I would rather have kitty.
I agree with that 100%. They tried replicating Kitty with her. And not saying I don't like Jubilee at all, shes a fun character, Vampire Jubilee hasn't done the character any favors though haha.

Kitty is up there with the most important X-Men characters. Ive seen her litterally rank 1 on lists. She's the back bone to many X-Men stories, and in todays comics she has held the most responsibility over pretty much any X-Men. Jubilee not so much, unless your only a TAS fan.

Last edited by def28; 01-17-2014 at 04:20 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #124
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I agree with that 100%. They tried replicating Kitty with her. And not saying I don't like Jubilee at all, shes a fun character, Vampire Jubilee hasn't done the character any favors though haha.

Kitty is up there with the most important X-Men characters. Ive seen her litterally rank 1 on lists. She's the back bone to many X-Men stories, and in todays comics she has held the most responsibility over pretty much any X-Men. Jubilee not so much, unless your only a TAS fan.
Geez. That's like saying you're not a true X-men fan if you prefer Jubilee over Shadowcat.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #125
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Umm Kitty and Jubilee are completely different. Stop comparing them, its not far to characters to be compared especially when they have different things to offer. I feel Kitty is more central and Jubilee more as comic relief and fan favorite. Waaay different. I love both of them and they would be cool friends actually.

BeastStorm98 is online now   Reply With Quote