The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #101
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

I'll be so so happy if Black Panther is in Age of Ultron.

If i had it my way, Black Widow and Hawkeye would have small roles to make room for Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther and Vision

Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #102
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If BP is announced as a Phase 3 movie (and I think he will be), the only major black Avenger not to have appeared in the MCU would be Monica Rambeau.

The major Black Avengers (not including Storm, Eden Fesi, Sunspot or any who are also X-Men and excluding Rage, Blue Marvel, Captain Universe and Victor Alvarez) are:
- War Machine (Don Cheadle)
- Falcon (Anthony Mackie)
- Luke Cage (TBA)
- Black Panther (TBA)
- Monica Rambeau (?) (I put a ? by her name because I don't know if we'll ever see her in the MCU, but who knows)

We have already seen Rhodey and we'll see Falcon. We know that Luke is coming and T'Challa seems likely. Monica though seems to be a lost cause in the MCU.

Oh well, at least a Black Panther movie will mean Monica Lynne, who will serve the Pepper/Jane/Peggy role.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #103
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Rage was an Avenger once, so he would count as well....

*snickers*

Yes. That is a quote from a rapper.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #104
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If BP is announced as a Phase 3 movie (and I think he will be), the only major black Avenger not to have appeared in the MCU would be Monica Rambeau.

The major Black Avengers (not including Storm, Eden Fesi, Sunspot or any who are also X-Men and excluding Rage, Blue Marvel, Captain Universe and Victor Alvarez) are:
- War Machine (Don Cheadle)
- Falcon (Anthony Mackie)
- Luke Cage (TBA)
- Black Panther (TBA)
- Monica Rambeau (?) (I put a ? by her name because I don't know if we'll ever see her in the MCU, but who knows)

We have already seen Rhodey and we'll see Falcon. We know that Luke is coming and T'Challa seems likely. Monica though seems to be a lost cause in the MCU.

Oh well, at least a Black Panther movie will mean Monica Lynne, who will serve the Pepper/Jane/Peggy role.
I mentioned previously in this thread how much I would love to see Monica Rambeau in the MCU! I don't anticipate it ever happening, but I hope I'm wrong...it would be nice to see her! If Black Panther makes it to the big screen and then becomes a franchise, I could see her as a possibility to appear in a sequel. The two characters have worked together, and she's apparently attracted to T'Challa.

My choice to portray her would be Nicole Beharie from the Fox show Sleepy Hollow.

(C'mon, Marvel...she's a former Avengers chairwoman...make it happen!)

"There are...no strings...on me..."
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #105
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
I mentioned previously in this thread how much I would love to see Monica Rambeau in the MCU! I don't anticipate it ever happening, but I hope I'm wrong...it would be nice to see her! If Black Panther makes it to the big screen and then becomes a franchise, I could see her as a possibility to appear in a sequel. The two characters have worked together, and she's apparently attracted to T'Challa.

My choice to portray her would be Nicole Beharie from the Fox show Sleepy Hollow.

If they add a black woman to the MCU, it will be her in the Iron Fist series:

or her, to be played by a mixed race Rashida Jones:

I've said before that I don't think Monica Rambeau will show up in the MCU for another decade, to be played by a 30 something Keke Palmer.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #106
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I'm hoping that Netflix has a Daughters of the Dragon series that sometimes crosses over with Iron Fist and Luke Cage. I've always hoped that they would do separate Iron Fist and Luke Cage movies, then a Heroes for Hire movie, and then throw in Daughters of the Dragon in a Heroes for Hire sequel. Add some kung-fu treachery, and I'd be a happy man.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #107
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm hoping that Netflix has a Daughters of the Dragon series that sometimes crosses over with Iron Fist and Luke Cage. I've always hoped that they would do separate Iron Fist and Luke Cage movies, then a Heroes for Hire movie, and then throw in Daughters of the Dragon in a Heroes for Hire sequel. Add some kung-fu treachery, and I'd be a happy man.
Misty is very integral to Iron Fist, so it will be shocking if she's not in it.

Now back to Black Panther. The fact that Marvel is willing to make a project with a black lead (Luke Cage) makes me think that they are willing to do another project with a black lead.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #108
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Deathlok could be an interesting project for Marvel, they even had a script and director ages ago.

I remember that there was a great story featuring Wakanda with Moses Magnum as the major villain, had cool henchmen as well.
It did great displaying the tech of Wakanda and even introduced other Wakandan heroes.

Back to subject though, what would they do about language?
Seems stupid that Wakandan would have English as a first language, but I have a hard time seeing Marvel Studios going all Apocalypto either.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #109
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
Deathlok could be an interesting project for Marvel, they even had a script and director ages ago.

I remember that there was a great story featuring Wakanda with Moses Magnum as the major villain, had cool henchmen as well.
It did great displaying the tech of Wakanda and even introduced other Wakandan heroes.

Back to subject though, what would they do about language?
Seems stupid that Wakandan would have English as a first language, but I have a hard time seeing Marvel Studios going all Apocalypto either.
Wasn't T'Challa Western Educated?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #110
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
Oh yes, but I'd certainly want Wakanda to be heavily featured in a BP franchise, so apart from T'Challa being in the states helping the Avengers and whatnot it be important to establish a Wakandan culture.

They're like the proudest fictitious African nation, the only one to fend off colonizers from their lands, so I just doubt they'd have adopted a colonial language.

I remember in Captain America they were speaking German and then it just morphed into English, and the assumption is that they were still speaking German but it had just switched for the audience's sake.

I could see them doing that, just wonder what African language they would use, being as there are literally thousands of languages spoken in Africa, they could also create a hybrid of a few to give Wakandan it's own fictitious language as they do in Game of Thrones.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #111
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Yep. T'Challa got a PhD in physics from Oxford University.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #112
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Yep. T'Challa got a PhD in physics from Oxford University.
That's why Chiwetel Ejiofor and David Oyelowo are the perfect choices. No Chadwick Boseman, no Aldis Hodge, no Americans as T'Challa.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #113
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
I remember in Captain America they were speaking German and then it just morphed into English, and the assumption is that they were still speaking German but it had just switched for the audience's sake.

I could see them doing that, just wonder what African language they would use, being as there are literally thousands of languages spoken in Africa, they could also create a hybrid of a few to give Wakandan it's own fictitious language as they do in Game of Thrones.
That's really solid, the moprhing into Wakandan. It could be really clever if they returned to Wakandan at an opportune moment to speak covertly. It would be complicated though if there are English speakers, like Ev Ross or Monica around in a scene that's supposed to be emotionally engaging.

I think it'd be simplest if they just did Zulu/Xhosa, especially since T'Challa has often been saying "Amandla" which is a Zulu word. It's very South African, but you can kinda retcon that into something that came from Wakanda into South Africa as opposed to the other way around as in reality. I wouldn't spend time developing a new language, honestly.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #114
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
That's why Chiwetel Ejiofor and David Oyelowo are the perfect choices. No Chadwick Boseman, no Aldis Hodge, no Americans as T'Challa.
What makes the British guys any different? T'Challa also went to college in America, so he's got ties to them. The only thing I could think of is that Ejiofor and Oyelowo have direct ties to Africa, but that doesn't inherently mean that they would be better for the role. Wesley Snipes could have killed in the role for years before he got too old, so a guy like Nate Parker could be good in the role too.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #115
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Hmmm... he may have a point. "British" means "Royalty" so the audience may 'get' T'Challa quicker if he has a real British accent.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #116
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I would go on a suplexing spree if T'Challa had a British accent. I've gotten so sick of them in everything that's either old or foreign. Ejiofor already did a good Nigerian accent in Dirty Pretty Things, so I'd rather they do something like that.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #117
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Hmmm... he may have a point. "British" means "Royalty" so the audience may 'get' T'Challa quicker if he has a real British accent.
And Americans (for whatever reason that is beyond me) love British Royals.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #118
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I would go on a suplexing spree if T'Challa had a British accent.
Yeah that would suck. No matter the country of origin of the person who ends up playing him, BP should have an African accent.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #119
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If Chiwetel doesn't play black panther I would love to see him as arms dealer Moses Magnum.

I really want him to be black panther! But I'll take whatever. He's just a great actor and would be a welcome addition to the MCU.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #120
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Quote:
That's really solid, the moprhing into Wakandan. It could be really clever if they returned to Wakandan at an opportune moment to speak covertly. It would be complicated though if there are English speakers, like Ev Ross or Monica around in a scene that's supposed to be emotionally engaging.

I think it'd be simplest if they just did Zulu/Xhosa, especially since T'Challa has often been saying "Amandla" which is a Zulu word. It's very South African, but you can kinda retcon that into something that came from Wakanda into South Africa as opposed to the other way around as in reality. I wouldn't spend time developing a new language, honestly.
Zulu works for me, just so long as it comes off as a true African nation and not like some English colony.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #121
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post

If Monica appears anywhere, it'd probably be in a Captain (Ms) Marvel movie. I feel she'd fit better working with Carol, than BP.

Quote:
Hell no! T'Challa needs an African sounding voice, I'd hate for him to have any other type of accent.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #122
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Djimon Hounsou is an actual African Born Actor, but he's probably a better T'Chaka. Plus he's also in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Can't think of another African Born actor who would play T'Challa. They may have to go with an American or British born actor. Outside of Hounsou, are there any African born actors in Hollywood? And Hounsou is considered an American actor now.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #123
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Well there are obviously plenty of actual African actors. T'chaka doesn't have to be played by a well known actor.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #124
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Well there are obviously plenty of actual African actors. T'chaka doesn't have to be played by a well known actor.
I was referring to T'Challa because I don't see T'Challa being played by an unknown African actor.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #125
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Another name that I think might make a good BP is Demetrius Grosse from Justified and Banshee. I haven't seen him in Justified, but he's got a nice presence about him in Banshee. Of all the guys on the sheriff's department he seems like the only one that can run with Hood. I have a feeling that he might have more to him if he ever got a chance. Ejiofor is still my number one, but this guy is just another name to think about.

Closed Thread