The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?
Storm frying a Sentinel 15 68.18%
Iceman in ice form 11 50.00%
Blink, Bishop, Warpath and Sunspot using their powers in battle 13 59.09%
Kitty fighting a Sentinel 5 22.73%
Collossus getting to shine and kick ass 10 45.45%
Older Magneto destroying Sentinels 10 45.45%
Sentinel fight in the past scenes 5 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Default what do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?

What do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?

BeastStorm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: what do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?

isnt that whole list what this movie should actually have? without any excuse

All those things are like a must.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: what do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?

I agree they are a must! haha, I do really wanna see older magneto rip apart some sentinels, perhaps saving xavier. That could be really poetic and nice. And obviously, I want storm to unleash and destroy like 10 sentinels with one big blast of lightning.

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Yah but don't get ur hopes up. You might get disappointed. Who knows anymore? :0

Old 12-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I agree they are a must! haha, I do really wanna see older magneto rip apart some sentinels, perhaps saving xavier. That could be really poetic and nice. And obviously, I want storm to unleash and destroy like 10 sentinels with one big blast of lightning.

That would be sick, and I would say "Finaklyy, Storm went all out"

Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I mean they have the budget! So I expect great action, they can't hold back. The VFX should be amazing like Man of Steel/Avengers. Singer, make it happen

Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Yah but don't get ur hopes up. You might get disappointed. Who knows anymore? :0
believe me, I dont have hight expectations anymore.

I have had serious doubts about this since day 1. and now I have even more. So... whatever he ends doing, ok.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
believe me, I dont have hight expectations anymore.

I have had serious doubts about this since day 1. and now I have even more. So... whatever he ends doing, ok.
Exactly, I'm just waited for the next trailer. If its good I'll make my expectations higher but I don't know. Hopefully the next trailer has special effects though

Old 12-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the trailer will have special effects, won't be all action though, they will likely pick some of the big action out and throw it in with bits of the story

Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
the trailer will have special effects, won't be all action though, they will likely pick some of the big action out and throw it in with bits of the story
Yeah I definitely don't want all action but some. The first had some but barely. We need a money shot and a damn Sentinel lol

We need to see one.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I love the list and would like all of it but can't help but notice how it mainly relates to the OT and future characters! I think we're going to be a bit disappointed to be honest. Kitty won't be running through Sentinels to disrupt their electronics if she is the one holding on to Wolverine to keep his mind back in time. Rogue won't be there at all. Warpath's knives aren't going to be much use against a Sentinel, surely? And I'm not sure what they will do with Blink other than make her the group's method of transport.

Most of the movie is in the past and apart from Magneto's scenes, Quicksilver, Mystique being more acrobatic, the majority of the movie isn't full of visual 'wow.'

I do hope, though, that - regarding the Apocalypse rumours - if we do get Magneto possessed by Apocalypse, then it might finally be excuse to see a suped-up Magneto with his force field bubble in the next film!

Old 12-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Malik
Side-Kick

I just hope it's balanced, too much action can be tiresome.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Even though yes most the story is in the past i do think there will be something juicy for the OT, storm will probably wreck havok for at least 1 sequence in a life or death battle, just like quicksilver is bound to have his big moment for the prison sequence, same with iceman and collossus so overall i wouldn't say fans will be disappointed with the action, but they may if they think the future scenes will steal the movie

but while some fans act like its a whose the better cast movie i don't think singer looks at it that way, all the characters are part of the same movie, there is no competing, its an xavier and magneto story and everyone else is supporters, stewart and mckellen are likely to have the biggest role in the future scenes with probably the most stand out scene of the movie being the 2 xaviers meeting

Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I've got this nagging worry that critics/audiences are going to love the future scenes with all the familiar faces and are going to be less in love with the scenes in the past. I hope I'm wrong though. We all know that First Class didn't really hit the spot for a lot of fans and viewers.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
Malik
Side-Kick

I'm really looking foward to seeing j.law kick some ass as mystique too.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I've got this nagging worry that critics/audiences are going to love the future scenes with all the familiar faces and are going to be less in love with the scenes in the past. I hope I'm wrong though. We all know that First Class didn't really hit the spot for a lot of fans and viewers.
If that happens then people ain't liking it because its a good script they just like it just the OT being back, which won't mean its a good film

Most of its in the past so its in a big way dependant on mcavoy,jackman and fassbender and lawrence and if that doesn't win people over then the script was probably bad and its not a good film

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 12-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
JEM
Side-Kick

Th Confused Re: what do you wanna see with the characters this time around with the FX?

Quote:
I love the list and would like all of it but can't help but notice how it mainly relates to the OT and future characters! I think we're going to be a bit disappointed to be honest. Kitty won't be running through Sentinels to disrupt their electronics if she is the one holding on to Wolverine to keep his mind back in time. Rogue won't be there at all. Warpath's knives aren't going to be much use against a Sentinel, surely? And I'm not sure what they will do with Blink other than make her the group's method of transport.

Most of the movie is in the past and apart from Magneto's scenes, Quicksilver, Mystique being more acrobatic, the majority of the movie isn't full of visual 'wow.'

I do hope, though, that - regarding the Apocalypse rumours - if we do get Magneto possessed by Apocalypse, then it might finally be excuse to see a suped-up Magneto with his force field bubble in the next film!
For information,Warpath have the physical force and can fly like Rogue ) and you forgot Sunfire with the fire .

You say they can't not be visually exciting against sentinel .

Last edited by JEM; 12-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
Samarus
Side-Kick

I want all of these things to happen, except for Bobby in iceform.
To be honest I don't think it'll look good in a live-action movie.

Samarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
For information,Warpath have the physical force and can fly like Rogue ) and you forgot Sunfire with the fire .

You have to let people vent their butthurt.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post

I guess it could be exciting, I'm trying to keep my expectations low. But I don't know if we'll get all those things in the movie. And if we get them all in the beginning, then won't the end be a bit flat and anti-climactic?

Old 12-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #21
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Sentinels are bound to feature a fair amount in DOFP in both time periods so there will be enough mutant powers to be visually seen, infact i think this may be the most mutants we seen singer deal with in an X-men film

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 12-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess it could be exciting, I'm trying to keep my expectations low. But I don't know if we'll get all those things in the movie. And if we get them all in the beginning, then won't the end be a bit flat and anti-climactic?

You are right though!

But you forgot the interview with singer explains the third act of the film.
This act will be in the future and in the past like in the comic.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Pure speculation

On one side, you have the X-men that protects Wolverine and Kitty (if Rogue is cut) against the sentinnels.
The other ,Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique,Beast (maybe Havock) against the sentinel of the past. You also have the assassination plot .
If Singer arrives to manage the third act, we can have a suspence like the last part of Inception .

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:

!!!!

i didn't even vote. its not a fair list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
Krak66
Side-Kick

Blink can utilize her powers in a destructive manner by using her power to teleport only parts of objects. So she can decapitate Sentinels.

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #25
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Storm in big action, big electric attacks, tornado, whirlwinds

Ice form, Ice spikes, ice slide

Steel form and Colossus smashing things

Cool looking Sentinels

Awesome power display from Bishop

and many more

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote