The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #76
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 21

Again this doesn't mean they are doing a soft reboot at all, just because the OT are involved in a supporting role doesn't mean they are getting pushed out of the picture, the OT are not cameos they have a pretty big part in the story

I still don't understand why people automatically come to that conclusion

Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #77
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

If this happens, I would die happily! Lol

I just hope that Temple attack scene, is a good long kick ass gritty fight. It looks Like it.

I hope its not like 2 minutes, I mean c'mon. If they want to compete with the Avengers, they need to fight. That is what comics was originally, a story about Good vs. Evil even though the lines are blurred.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #78
xrs13
Cold as ice

I just hope they continue the franchise with both, It would be kinda weird with two sets of the same characters though hahaha

Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #79
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
They have reduced the amount of time in the future apparently.
I don't think it will be less then 30 min, most of it will be set at the temple probably which will mean no traveling which = less time needed

Old 12-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #80
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Oh yes, hopefully we get an extended cut with Rogue. The original cut.
But with re-shoots, they could expand the temple attack. Or Bishops scenes, didn't he tweet the other new mutants about seeing them soon for xmen!?
Yes but if they are cutting things from the future has me worried that Fox doesn't want the OT confusing the audience into thinking that there will be X4 in the immediate future.

:o
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #81
kasjan
Side-Kick

Lutz should play older version of Havok.

Juggernaut would be teenager in 1973. If Magneto and Mystoque meets him 35+ years later first time, I don't know where would be teenager Cain in 1973, beacuse not in Brotherhood, or someone change past so much...

Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #82
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes but if they are cutting things from the future has me worried that Fox doesn't want the OT confusing the audience into thinking that there will be X4 in the immediate future.
Yes they are kinda used as a backbone which its fair. I feel like the OT are used for their popularity and to market the film.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #83
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whole lot of hyperbole has emerged from this topic...

Films evolve. Script. Filming. Editing. It's likely that Singer realized that the sequence just wasn't needed...and if, of course, they're confirmed with heading into Apocalypse, that may have changed things significantly as well.

FOX likes money. They don't care which cast it will come from...just as long as it keeps coming.

It's also why Hugh Jackman's Wolverine remains central to the proceedings.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 12-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #84
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I feel like the OT are used for their popularity and to market the film.
Yeah, but I think they are mainly being used because of the stroy they want to tell. They need past and future versions for this story. Force feeding both casts all the time is not gonna go well, and I dont believe they are doing that.

I also dont think either is getting shoved out of the way for good. But they will only be used when required. These next two films essentialy make it a new tril with the FC leads.

Last edited by def28; 12-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #85
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I just hope they continue the franchise with both, It would be kinda weird with two sets of the same characters though hahaha
There's really no point in making two sets of movies in two different eras. Like, that would be the definition of overkill.

At most, I could see them doing another crossover with bringing the two time periods together into one movie like DOFP but two sets of movies with two different casts? Just seems excessive.

Not to mention, it would just be a mess to deal with if they are trying to make one cohesive universe.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #86
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
it depends it could be many things

1. as you said fox don't want it confused as being more an X4 and want to do a soft reboot (i doubt its that personally)

2. it could be just Singer knowing where he wants most of his story (His favorite character is Xavier), and singer ain't a push over when it comes to what he wants for his movies

3. Singer and Fox want to make this an Prequel trilogy of Movies with time travel to add more risks (i personally think its that)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 12-23-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #87
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

The younger Cain Marco could very well be from an old draft of the script but has since been removed. Didn't Drew's tweet suggest he only read a draft of the script?

I was never keen on The Juggernaut being Xavier's step bro...

Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #88
JEM
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Naji Assan;27495515]They should make him a more physical figure this time. Marsden was short and looked harmless. Whoever they cast should be imposing to Jackman. Someone taller and BIG.

Kellan Lutz fits the bill, but his acting would need to improve

[/QUOTE

Hum, it is a reintroduction of Cyclop, not a reboot. Yes, he doesn't need to look like James Masdern but i must look like a teen or mid 20's.
I don't see how the new actor could be imposing like Jackman with this context.

But, we don't know now if Cyclop is in the movie so .

Last edited by JEM; 12-23-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #89
Angamb
Banned User

I think there is a new and relevant reason why X: Apocalypse has been announced for 2016 and not 2017.

Something more must be in store for 2017/2018. And Im sure its not just about Wolverine 3/XForce

Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #90
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I don't think it will be less then 30 min, most of it will be set at the temple probably which will mean no traveling which = less time needed
Well in the trailer, the xmen are walking to the temple. It would suck if all you see is the apocalyptic future is a damn temple. I reckon we will see more than what we know. Cause we don't know everything. Maybe the first scene is in NY, them they fly to the temple. And maybe they show a camp and where the sentinels are coming from to attack the temple. The Sentinels have to find them and locate them. So the sentinels can't just pop in.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #91
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think there is a new and relevant reason why X: Apocalypse has been announced for 2016 and not 2017.

Something more must be in store for 2017/2018. And Im sure its not just about Wolverine 3/XForce
I bet your right, there's a Storm coming

Old 12-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #92
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

First Class would be first part of trilogy,and DOFP would be second and Apocalypse likely conclusion If you view FC era as trilogy.

The cast being used for Apocalypse Is up In the air for now.Rumors suggest it will be FC cast focus but that's not confirmed yet.It's completly up In the air If any OT actors will be In Apocalypse.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #93
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The younger Cain Marco could very well be from an old draft of the script but has since been removed. Didn't Drew's tweet suggest he only read a draft of the script?
It's a shooting draft he read, not a script draft. The shooting draft is made AFTER the script and screenplay are written and is used during filming. Shooting drafts put scenes in order and have instructions on how each scene is too be shot.

From the way McWeeny is talking, it sounds like it's a pretty current draft.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #94
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Yes they are kinda used as a backbone which its fair. I feel like the OT are used for their popularity and to market the film.
Yeah but I hope they didn't strip away there functionality for the movie just for the press of the characters/actors. I doubt Singer would do even with the shock of Rogue's deletion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Whole lot of hyperbole has emerged from this topic...

Films evolve. Script. Filming. Editing. It's likely that Singer realized that the sequence just wasn't needed...and if, of course, they're confirmed with heading into Apocalypse, that may have changed things significantly as well.

FOX likes money. They don't care which cast it will come from...just as long as it keeps coming.

It's also why Hugh Jackman's Wolverine remains central to the proceedings.

Doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't possible or true. Who knows? I'm just stating I'm worried Fox are going full force ahead with the FC cast and want to abandon the OC. I think personally that would be a mistake but it stands to assume that is the case considering Bryan Singer himself said X-Men: Apocalypse with focus on the FC cast exclusively.

Quote:
it depends it could be many things

1. as you said fox don't want it confused as being more an X4 and want to do a soft reboot (i doubt its that personally)

2. it could be just Singer knowing where he wants most of his story (His favorite character is Xavier), and singer ain't a push over when it comes to what he wants for his movies

3. Singer and Fox want to make this an Prequel trilogy of Movies with time travel to add more risks (i personally think its that)
I'm on the fence about everything. As I've said before it seems more likely they are trying to focus on the FC cast rather than merging them so I doubt #3 would happen. So #2 seems the most likely.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #95
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Hope Juggernaut is in this. They could still have him as Charles brother, just a young teenage brother as X3 never said he wasn't related to him

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #96
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Again this doesn't mean they are doing a soft reboot at all, just because the OT are involved in a supporting role doesn't mean they are getting pushed out of the picture, the OT are not cameos they have a pretty big part in the story

I still don't understand why people automatically come to that conclusion
Because everything has to be one extreme or the other.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #97
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm just stating I'm worried Fox are going full force ahead with the FC cast and want to abandon the OC. I think personally that would be a mistake but it stands to assume that is the case considering Bryan Singer himself said X-Men: Apocalypse with focus on the FC cast exclusively.
Uh...FOX had essentially already "abandoned" the original cast. They funded an X-Men film in 2011, First Class, written by Bryan Singer. Perhaps you've heard of it. Then The Avengers happened. And suddenly they were more amenable to Jean Grey showing up in The Wolverine, etc.

The very reason you're seeing DOFP and any of the original cast in another film is because A) First Class was the lowest-grossing X-film to date and B) Singer likes working with them, and saw an opportunity.

But yes, it's very possible that FOX said to him, "OK, we'll bring them back for one film (because we need some momentum), then let's move forward -- but oh yeah, can we keep Jackman along for the ride?"

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 12-23-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #98
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Uh...FOX had already abandoned the original cast. They funded an X-Men film in 2011, First Class, written by Bryan Singer. Perhaps you've heard of it.

The very reason you're seeing DOFP and any of the original cast in another film is because A) First Class was the lowest-grossing X-film to date and B) Singer likes working with them, and saw an opportunity.

But yes, it's very possible that FOX said to him, "OK, we'll bring them back for one film (because we need some momentum) then, let's move forward -- but oh yeah, can we keep Jackman along for the ride?"

Not really, they seemed to keep the OT cast in the loop within all the "Origins" films. They could have easily done X4 after FC if they wanted but then both JLAW and Fass blew up and made it more bankable and cheaper choice to go with the FC cast.

But I agree that that is very likely Fox's sentiment about the franchise right now.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #99
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The begining of OT cast in DOFP was Fox wanting Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen In both prologue and epilogue of followup to First class.That lead to them doing Days of future past as story that allowed them to be used.

Hugh jackman was under consideration to be used back when Matthew Vaughn was directing.Now it's very possable the big OT cast reunion happed when Bryan Singer took over as director.

WHen first class was made devolpment was contuning on the wolverine and FC was sold very much as a prequel.But,who knows what Is happening with the time travel of DOFP.

It's very possable that Inless Hugh Jackman returns Apocalypse will be FC exclusive to end trilogy.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #100
Snikt
Side-Kick

I'm thinking the best thing is to wait and see the movie before anybody starts freaking out about it being too much of a Wolverine movie, not enough time spent with the OT cast, not enough locations in the future, too much time spent with the First Class cast, etc...

And really guys, once the movie starts; it's not like a timer will pop up onscreen counting the amount of time spent with the past or future. Once a movie starts I usually lose track of time.

When I saw X-Men, I wasn't counting the amount of time until I saw Wolverine, Storm or Cyclops. I was just a fan watching a movie. And when DOFP is released, you will being doing the same thing; just watching and hopefully enjoying the movie.

Closed Thread