Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #101
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The younger Cain Marco could very well be from an old draft of the script but has since been removed. Didn't Drew's tweet suggest he only read a draft of the script?

I was never keen on The Juggernaut being Xavier's step bro...
He said it was the shooting script.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #102
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I am at a real loss about what's in the film and not in the film. Rogue out, others on Twitter claim she may still appear somehow (altered future?), now we learn about Juggernaut, someone else mentioned Scarlet Witch. I'm going off here to do something productive other than sit in the middle of a swirl of rumours and waste my time.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #103
Angamb
Banned User

lol

Old 12-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #104
Malik
Side-Kick

Yeah, we need some news.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #105
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

It's funny because 6 months ago everybody was crying about the FC cast getting pushed aside and people dubbed it "X4".

Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #106
Malik
Side-Kick

Lol, now the first classers are happy and the ot'ers are mourning.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #107
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post

Hum, it is a reintroduction of Cyclop, not a reboot. Yes, he doesn't need to look like James Masdern but i must look like a teen or mid 20's.
I don't see how the new actor could be imposing like Jackman with this context.

But, we don't know now if Cyclop is in the movie so .
They're not tied down to Marsden though. That's the beauty of it. You can bring in a better Cyclops and it doesn't contradict anything. Marsden really wasn't a good fit, specially with Wolverine towering over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Juggernaut would be teenager in 1973. If Magneto and Mystoque meets him 35+ years later first time, I don't know where would be teenager Cain in 1973, beacuse not in Brotherhood, or someone change past so much...
Cain would be Xavier's age. Mid 30s. Once he acquires the Ruby his aging stops. It'd be cool if they gave us the scene of him finding it to open the film like with Smeagol in Return of The King.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #108
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

It just seems like the demise of the future cast has been greatly exaggerated. If the film has a running time of ~130 minutes we'll be getting anywhere from 32 (25%) to 39 (30%) minutes of them, roughly the length of a network drama. Rogue being cut was a hard pill to swallow, but I don't think it's a sign that the future cast is getting screwed. For all we know they've cut some past scenes as well. Difference is we mostly had an idea of Rogue's role, so Bryan had to come out and break the news.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #109
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I'm thinking the best thing is to wait and see the movie before anybody starts freaking out about it being too much of a Wolverine movie, not enough time spent with the OT cast, not enough locations in the future, too much time spent with the First Class cast, etc...

And really guys, once the movie starts; it's not like a timer will pop up onscreen counting the amount of time spent with the past or future. Once a movie starts I usually lose track of time.

When I saw X-Men, I wasn't counting the amount of time until I saw Wolverine, Storm or Cyclops. I was just a fan watching a movie. And when DOFP is released, you will being doing the same thing; just watching and hopefully enjoying the movie.
All that^^.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #110
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
He said it was the shooting script.
Cool, didn't read the "shooting" script part. Also, it says whoever plays Juggernaut is lucky as it's a fun role. Interesting.

Anyways I just read back some of Drew's previous posts and articles, and it does seem like he confirms DOFP was shot on HFR. It will be interesting to see if they release it that way. Also weird that the HFR talk has died down.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #111
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Well didn't Fox already come out and confirm a while ago that they did film in HFR but they wouldn't be releasing in that format?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #112
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
Lol, now the first classers are happy and the ot'ers are mourning.
Same characters same universe

Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #113
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Same characters same universe
I know but you tell them that.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #114
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

The only problem with bringing back both casts again is what other storyline can they do where they can get away with flip-flopping back and forth. Other than a literal adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, what really makes sense and wouldn't come off as just pandering to please everyone?

That's my only issue with bringing back both of them once again. I'm not 100% against it at all but there are definitely issues. It really doesn't leave a lot of room for growth with either one as well.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #115
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Well in the trailer, the xmen are walking to the temple. It would suck if all you see is the apocalyptic future is a damn temple. I reckon we will see more than what we know. Cause we don't know everything. Maybe the first scene is in NY, them they fly to the temple. And maybe they show a camp and where the sentinels are coming from to attack the temple. The Sentinels have to find them and locate them. So the sentinels can't just pop in.
You have a very good point.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #116
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I mentioned a while back that the X-men could meet some of the new mutants in New York first in a sentinel battle. Singer said that the movie opens up with Blink and Warpath which makes me believe that Blink and Warpath are gonna have a good action esque opening scene or maybe Blink and Warpath are trying to save mutants from the prisons. If this happen then they could show how the future looks apart from the temple.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #117
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
They're not tied down to Marsden though. That's the beauty of it. You can bring in a better Cyclops and it doesn't contradict anything. Marsden really wasn't a good fit, specially with Wolverine towering over him.
I like James Marsden and he didn't do a whole lot wrong with the limited material but I suspect there are actors out there who are more suited to Cyclops. And as for Rogue it's a shame that she's out but this character needs an overhaul at some stage. She served the story well in X1 but they've kept her from developing into the Rogue from the comics over what will be 14 years! I don't mind if these characters get some kind of reboot or recast at some stage even though I like both underlying actors.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #118
samsnee
Side-Kick

Just saw The Wolverine and really liked it. Much better than Origins. I think this movie did everything Origins and the other X-men movies do wrong. Instead of just cramming a bunch of mutants in for FX sequences, they actually develop characters and use the powers to actually serve the story. I hope DOFP takes this approach but I doubt it will.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #119
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah, The Wolverine is 10 times better than XMO. But are you saying all the other X-Men movies do that?

Old 12-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #120
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well hopefully some will stop going on and on how doomed DOFP Is with only SImon Kinberg as screenwriter.I thought maybe Mike dougherty and Dan harris may have done some work on DOFP.
It will only stop once and for all until we see that DOFP ended up as a good movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #121
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I feel pretty indifferent about this to be honest.
Same here about this "young Juggernaut".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
They should make him a more physical figure this time. Marsden was short and looked harmless. Whoever they cast should be imposing to Jackman. Someone taller and BIG.

Kellan Lutz fits the bill, but his acting would need to improve

Oh God no!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #122
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Again this doesn't mean they are doing a soft reboot at all, just because the OT are involved in a supporting role doesn't mean they are getting pushed out of the picture, the OT are not cameos they have a pretty big part in the story

I still don't understand why people automatically come to that conclusion
Well because some people want to start fresh with the FC cast. The X-Men OT cast is probably the only cast members left that are still playing their comic-book characters for over 10 years. Outside the X-Men OT cast, comic-book properties that a had film during the time when OT films were released has been rebooted or ended.

Some people like to believe that the OT cast should be done because they've been established a long time ago and they already appeared together for three films. And they think its time for new faces.

But I just disagree with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Yes they are kinda used as a backbone which its fair. I feel like the OT are used for their popularity and to market the film.
Thats quite obvious.

Because if they were confident enough with the FC cast, they would have went along with how First Class ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think there is a new and relevant reason why X: Apocalypse has been announced for 2016 and not 2017.

Something more must be in store for 2017/2018. And Im sure its not just about Wolverine 3/XForce
They probably don't want to wait three more years for another X-Men movie.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-23-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #123
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, The Wolverine is 10 times better than XMO. But are you saying all the other X-Men movies do that?
Yes I feel like while it's cool to see Colossus or other mutants pop up, I hate that they're not fully fleshed characters.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #124
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I'm just stating I'm worried Fox are going full force ahead with the FC cast and want to abandon the OC. I think personally that would be a mistake but it stands to assume that is the case considering Bryan Singer himself said X-Men: Apocalypse with focus on the FC cast exclusively.
I do think its a mistake. They abandoned the OT cast (except for Hugh Jackman and a few people for cameo roles) for three films after X3 and look what happened at the box-office performance of the X-Men films? they declined in the U.S. and now a Thor film is outgrossing a X-Men film.

Part of me thinks, that Fox should have went along with the FC trilogy first before doing this cross-over film. Anyway, I really don't think the mainstream viewers would want to see more from the FC cast than the OT cast when the OT cast is back even if the whole movie focuses on the FC cast.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-23-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #125
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Yes I feel like while it's cool to see Colossus or other mutants pop up, I hate that they're not fully fleshed characters.
I can see why you'd want that from X-men who aren't the main part of the story but it's kind of like wanting side-characters/cameos in other films to be more fleshed out. I want them all to have their time in the spotlight X-2 Nightcrawler style at some stage but when they're not up front and centre or even before they get that spotlight I'm happy with them being fan-sevice cameos. For eg I now miss Nightcrawler in every film since X2 and would love an X2 Colossus style cameo for Nightcrawler in the films since or in the future even if there is zero fleshing out or substance to those cameos. X2 is a good X-Men film with or without those cameos and I just see them as a bonus. (I get what you're saying though)

Last edited by Iceman; 12-23-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread