The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,798
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Snyder can handle at the most one film every 18 months, directing is hard work.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #27
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,963
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Hey, Spielberg can do it. Zack is better than him, so I'm sure he can work something out.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,708
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Snyder is obviously a very visual director and seems to be one that likes a very detailed and textured look to his films. Perhaps even more so than Spielberg.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,428
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
LMAO im pretty sure you're joking. I mean you have to be, because you listed some of the worst in the business.
But look at the ones that directed ASM, Thor 2 and Iron man 3. Were they considered to be master directors?

Airwings is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick
 
Pickleweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
LMAO im pretty sure you're joking. I mean you have to be, because you listed some of the worst in the business.
He needs to stop suggesting actors/directors/producers for roles in comic movies. Everything he suggests is so worst case scenario that I am now positive he does it to troll

Pickleweasel is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,798
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
But look at the ones that directed ASM, Thor 2 and Iron man 3. Were they considered to be master directors?
At leqst two of those are bad movies.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

That's debatable. Two of those are meh movies and one is a very good movie. Still, he posts these suggestions on every DC-related thread and the choices are all bad.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,428
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
He needs to stop suggesting actors/directors/producers for roles in comic movies. Everything he suggests is so worst case scenario that I am now positive he does it to troll
Eric Bress (writer and director of Butterfly Effect)
Mickael Håfström (director of Derailed and 1408)
Jared Hess (director of Gentlemen Broncos)
PJ Hogan (director of My Best Friend's Wedding and Peter Pan)

Are they really that bad compared to the Russo Brothers, who have Welcome to Collinwood, Community and You, me And Dupree on their CV, and this was enough to make them directors of the upcoming Captain America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That's debatable. Two of those are meh movies and one is a very good movie. Still, he posts these suggestions on every DC-related thread and the choices are all bad.
The choices are all bad until one of them gets hired and makes a good adaption, and then we forget that we strongly disliked the suggestions.

What happened to "give 'em a chance before judging"?


Last edited by Airwings; 12-25-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Airwings is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
But look at the ones that directed ASM, Thor 2 and Iron man 3. Were they considered to be master directors?
So why do we have to settle for less? I dont understand you. Marc Webb did a pretty good comedy that was different beforehand (500 Days of Summer). Which is why i knew there would be chemistry between Gwen and Peter. Director of Iron Man 3 did the Lethal Weapon movies, so he's good at cheesy action. Of course im not really a fan of his and i think Iron Man 3 sucked. Marvel hires directors for Cap, etc and theyre all underwhelming in their field, and i believe the movies reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Eric Bress (writer and director of Butterfly Effect)
Mickael Håfström (director of Derailed and 1408)
Jared Hess (director of Gentlemen Broncos)
PJ Hogan (director of My Best Friend's Wedding and Peter Pan)

Are they really that bad compared to the Russo Brothers, who have Welcome to Collinwood, Community and You, me And Dupree on their CV, and this was enough to make them directors of the upcoming Captain America.
And look at how that horrible movie turned out.

Is Peter Pan, 1408, etc supposed to impress me? Because they didn't.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

I thought Nolan's films would influence studios and fans to aim higher in quality with their DC films. I guess i was wrong.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #36
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,428
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
And look at how that horrible movie turned out.
Captain America 2? Have you already seen it and know it wasn't good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Is Peter Pan, 1408, etc supposed to impress me? Because they didn't.
Peter Pan impressed me beyond words. But we all have our own little darlings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I thought Nolan's films would influence studios and fans to aim higher in quality with their DC films. I guess i was wrong.
Aim higher than Nolan? That give us Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg, exactly those directors that a lot of people don't want to have involved in a superhero film.

Airwings is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #37
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,777
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

It's not that people don't want them involved it's just that they are so big they are their own brand. They aren't hired to do movies they develop their own movie.
When a person is hired on to do a Marvel film they have very little control over that film. What the Russo Brothers and others have to do is make the film that Marvel wants them to make, based on the script Marvel picked...and have it fit within the universe Marvel set up.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

^ And yet, Shane Black was free to ruin an iconic Marvel villain. Go figure

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,425
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Aiming higher doesn't mean getting proven talent. Martin Campbell did Green Lantern and we saw how that turned out.

Aiming higher means taking risks and trusting your talent. Nolan before Batman Begins was a promising director with lots of potential, it was a risk hiring him and it payed out for WB, Nolan himself who grew a lot as a director and of course the fans.

Do the oppossite of what Marvel is doing. They get guys to control so Whedon (and soon Gunn) can satisfy their fanboy tendencies and in case of Gunn his terrible taste.

If Alan Taylor was given Nolan lvl of control then Thor 2 would have been a great movie.

There is nothing wrong with TASM directing wise. They trusted Webb and he did a very good job.

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,708
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

If Alan Taylor was going to give us a good THOR 2 the script would have to be re-written from the ground up.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #41
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,425
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ And yet, Shane Black was free to ruin an iconic Marvel villain. Go figure
Like Justin Theroux he had the backing of RDJ and he knows his formula sells well that's why he is using the same formula for 20 years.

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Aiming higher doesn't mean getting proven talent. Martin Campbell did Green Lantern and we saw how that turned out.

Aiming higher means taking risks and trusting your talent. Nolan before Batman Begins was a promising director with lots of potential, it was a risk hiring him and it payed out for WB, Nolan himself who grew a lot as a director and of course the fans.

Do the oppossite of what Marvel is doing. They get guys to control so Whedon (and soon Gunn) can satisfy their fanboy tendencies and in case of Gunn his terrible taste.

If Alan Taylor was given Nolan lvl of control then Thor 2 would have been a great movie.

There is nothing wrong with TASM directing wise. They trusted Webb and he did a very good job.
THIS.

I still think that Martin Campbell, with free reign over a non-cgi superhero movie, would be boss.

Maybe he should have second chance with a Green Arrow movie. I just feel like the tone of Gotham and demeanor of Batman was captured almost perfectly in CR, though I don't think he's done much indie work to really go from a blank slate, if you know what I mean.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #43
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,361
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Merry Christmas weirdos!

Anyone get any superhero stuff?

I got MOS on DVD...again, lol.

I had already bought it the day it came out and my parents got me it again. I didn't tell them I wanted it because I'd already bought it. So, I didn't think they would get it for me. But I'm still kinda touched because they knew what to get me without being told. If only I hadn't already bought it. Oh well, now I have a back-up if one gets broken, lol. My parents are cute.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #44
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

I just bought Superman: Unbound for me. I'm beyond the age where people buy me Superman stuff anymore..lol

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #45
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,361
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

There's nothing wrong with presents to you from you, lol.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,708
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
There's nothing wrong with presents to you from you, lol.
That's what I say each time I watch porn.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #47
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,361
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

^ LOL! It's Christmas, man!

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.
 
SofNascimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,570
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

One day I was in the internet and some unknown genius said this: "A Wonder Woman film directed by Del Toro based on Azzarello run".

And I was like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aVwxTM0ZZ0

I'd gladly give a leg to see this happening!

SofNascimento is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part


LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #50
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
There's nothing wrong with presents to you from you, lol.
That's pretty much my general philosophy on life.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.