The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #51
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Found some cool stuff on tumblr today. This was posted by paintandthinner, but I'm not sure who originally made it.

I prefer the trunkless look, but this cracks me up! Check out the look on Cavill Supes' face. He's like "Damn guys. **** this noise." And they're like "But you need them! You're indecent! Someone think of the children! Be one of us!"

This was posted by someone called dronta on tumblr, but again, I'm not sure if they made it or not. But I thought it was neat:

Old 12-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #52
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Found some cool stuff on tumblr today.
Tumblr's a great place to find stuff, but you come across some really weird crap on there as well. Sometimes, it's like, "What the hell did I just see, and how do I unsee it???"

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #53
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ True. You have to search through lots of crap to find the gems some days.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #54
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Found some cool stuff on tumblr today. This was posted by paintandthinner, but I'm not sure who originally made it.

Funny....

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #55
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
^ True. You have to search through lots of crap to find the gems some days.
Indeed.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
One day I was in the internet and some unknown genius said this: "A Wonder Woman film directed by Del Toro based on Azzarello run".

And I was like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aVwxTM0ZZ0

I'd gladly give a leg to see this happening!
I seriously love this idea.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #57
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

So in the end I got plenty of Superman stuff, Man of Steel Blu Ray, Superman H'el on Earth Graphic Novel, Superman dressing gown, Superman socks, Three Superman canvases, a Superman framed picture (also got a Batman one), Superman Escape From Black Zero lego set and a 3D framed Justice League picture.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #58
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
So in the end I got plenty of Superman stuff, Man of Steel Blu Ray, Superman H'el on Earth Graphic Novel, Superman dressing gown, Superman socks, Three Superman canvases, a Superman framed picture (also got a Batman one), Superman Escape From Black Zero lego set and a 3D framed Justice League picture.
Where can I find the official Superman toilet brush?

Old 12-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #59
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i'm sure i'm wrong and this is so far fetched, but with the inclusion of dc universe heroes in this movie, what if batman vs superman is really a setup film for brainiac, who will be the justice league main antagonist? maybe the villains in bvss are metallo and lex, but at the end brainiac arrives on earth and superman/batman cannot stop him leading to a cliffhanger ending; enter wonder woman, flash cameos. the next film has the heroes coming together to fight brainiac, and after the battle they realize that united they can stop any threat to earth and the formally band together as the justice league.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #60
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
i'm sure i'm wrong and this is so far fetched, but with the inclusion of dc universe heroes in this movie, what if batman vs superman is really a setup film for brainiac, who will be the justice league main antagonist? maybe the villains in bvss are metallo and lex, but at the end brainiac arrives on earth and superman/batman cannot stop him leading to a cliffhanger ending; enter wonder woman, flash cameos. the next film has the heroes coming together to fight brainiac, and after the battle they realize that united they can stop any threat to earth and the formally band together as the justice league.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #61
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That would be awful. I hate films that only exist to set up the next one.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #62
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

like the hobbit trilogy?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #63
matt47
Side-Kick

Or catching fire...?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #64
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
like the hobbit trilogy?

lol; but yeah... I do remember hearing a lot of people going "WTF?" and "Really?" in theaters with the way the latest Hobbit film ended, so i definitely wouldn't want the same with this film.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #65
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
So all the marvel phase one movies leading to avengers? Haha or Star Wars

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #66
matt47
Side-Kick

So lots of movies lol. I like the idea, puts wonder woman in the movie in a good way. Also, it would just be sick to see them all standing there looking at what ever brainiac has planned.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #67
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
So all the marvel phase one movies leading to avengers? Haha or Star Wars
With the exception of "Captain America", I think all the films had a definite ending to the story that they were trying to tell with each of their solo heroes; it's only really in the post credits where they were trying to set up for the inevitable team up film.

And even with Captain America, most of his story was set within the past, and we were given a good conclusion to that chapter in his life.

Now, with The Desolation of Smaug on the other hand, that film ended right as when Smaug was heading towards the lake town....there was no "sense of conclusion" to the story that was told in that film.

Heck, even with Star Wars.....with the exception of TESB, the stories that were told in each film were given an resolution by the end of each film.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #68
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
With the exception of "Captain America", I think all the films had a definite ending to the story that they were trying to tell with each of their solo heroes; it's only really in the post credits where they were trying to set up for the inevitable team up film.

And even with Captain America, most of his story was set within the past, and we were given a good conclusion to that chapter in his life.

Now, with The Desolation of Smaug on the other hand, that film ended right as when Smaug was heading towards the lake town....there was no "sense of conclusion" to the story that was told in that film.

Heck, even with Star Wars.....with the exception of TESB, the stories that were told in each film were given an resolution by the end of each film.
I see what you're saying because in Smaug there's the cliffhanger ending to lead into the next film. But technically phase one and Star Wars are still the same thing. Considering they're all written to set up the final goal. Godfather trilogy as well. You get what I'm saying though right? I hear what you're saying.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #69
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Saw this today and thought it was pretty funny:

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #70
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Saw this today and thought it was pretty funny:

Hahah...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:31 AM   #71
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That actually sums up why Batman doesn't kill. He knows many criminals came from tragedy like he did and he doesn't want to rob anyone of the chance for redemption.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #72
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That actually sums up why Batman doesn't kill. He knows many criminals came from tragedy like he did and he doesn't want to rob anyone of the chance for redemption.
You know Phantasm, you brought up some excellent points in the Affleck thread about Bats motivation. Even though I loved Bale's performance, I am hoping to see a more conflicted Bats/Bruce on screen. I've always felt there is a lot of tragedy to Bruce and his situation that gets overlooked because of the awesome that is Batman. I'm hoping in this movie because we will Superman and Batman that we will actually get to see some of that conflict in comparison to how Clark views life and fighting crime.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #73
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I see what you're saying because in Smaug there's the cliffhanger ending to lead into the next film. But technically phase one and Star Wars are still the same thing. Considering they're all written to set up the final goal. Godfather trilogy as well. You get what I'm saying though right? I hear what you're saying.
Every franchise have films that are set up to lead to their ultimate goal.

That wasn't the issue though; none of the films that you mentioned ended on a note where the events of the next film would take place only minutes after the concluding events of the previous film.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #74
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Yeah, I don't mind cliffhangers per se, but if it feels like one film was split into two parts and I only got half a story, then I'm unhappy.

Hobbit: DOS handled it really poorly, because they could have ended it on a climactic finale, but instead ended it right before the natural climax of that section of the story. It was a cheap move to make people want to see the next one even more. (I'm trying to be vague here with the details)

Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #75
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I really hope that they at least give us an official title and partial synopsis by the end of this year.

Closed Thread