The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #76
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

No later than next Tuesday?
I hope you are correct.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #77
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yeah, I don't mind cliffhangers per se, but if it feels like one film was split into two parts and I only got half a story, then I'm unhappy.

Hobbit: DOS handled it really poorly, because they could have ended it on a climactic finale, but instead ended it right before the natural climax of that section of the story. It was a cheap move to make people want to see the next one even more. (I'm trying to be vague here with the details)
Indeed. Hobbit2 is like wth!!!???
MOS somehow can consider as a goodcliffhanger ending as we only see a glimpse of CK.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #78
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
He needs to stop suggesting actors/directors/producers for roles in comic movies. Everything he suggests is so worst case scenario that I am now positive he does it to troll
Everything I suggest? You claim that Besson with all his imagination and his eye for the visuals, is wrong for superhero films? And dito with Spike Jonze. It's hilarious!

If I happen to think a film is really good. Let's say Golden Compass inspired me. Why am I trolling if I truly believe that Chris Weitz can handle a superhero adaption? Is it because I'm the only one who have this opinion? And because of that, I should rightfully be called a troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
So why do we have to settle for less? I dont understand you. Marc Webb did a pretty good comedy that was different beforehand (500 Days of Summer). Which is why i knew there would be chemistry between Gwen and Peter. Director of Iron Man 3 did the Lethal Weapon movies, so he's good at cheesy action. Of course im not really a fan of his and i think Iron Man 3 sucked. Marvel hires directors for Cap, etc and theyre all underwhelming in their field, and i believe the movies reflect that.
To be honest, I didn't like that Marc Webb got the job to helm Spider-Man. Neither did I jump of excitement when Mike Newell was hired for Goblet of Fire. But in both cases, I had to admit I was wrong. Underdog directors can succeed. The only time when I was completely right about a director being to inexperienced for superhero action or fantasy, was Tim Story and F4.
But since I happened to be wrong most of the times, why can't you be wrong too? Every suggestion I have can surprise you. Well, not all will do it, but don't be too quick to dismiss them all.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #79
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

This isn't Superman related exactly, but here's something for any of you who were singing the praises of talented screenwriter, noted A-hole and byproduct of Hollywood nepotism Max Landis for his "brilliant" insights on why Man of Steel was the worst movie ever made.

Landis today on Twitter:

"I call my d*** "Joseph Gordon Levitt" cause he's shorter than me, perpetually smirking and obnoxiously self congratulatory."

Class act, that guy.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #80
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Talent and graciousness don't always coincide.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #81
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
This isn't Superman related exactly, but here's something for any of you who were singing the praises of talented screenwriter, noted A-hole and byproduct of Hollywood nepotism Max Landis for his "brilliant" insights on why Man of Steel was the worst movie ever made.

Landis today on Twitter:

"I call my d*** "Joseph Gordon Levitt" cause he's shorter than me, perpetually smirking and obnoxiously self congratulatory."

Class act, that guy.
Isn't that the pot calling the actually talented red kettle black.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #82
roach
I am the night

Quote:

Landis today on Twitter:

Class act, that guy.
I try not to judge people by Twitter posts...especially people we don't know. For all we know JGL and him are friends and like to do this sort of poking at each other all the time. Some of the stuff I say to my friends would come off mean in the wrong context.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #83
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:

Landis today on Twitter:

Class act, that guy.
What a douche bag.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #84
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I try not to judge people by Twitter posts...especially people we don't know. For all we know JGL and him are friends and like to do this sort of poking at each other all the time. Some of the stuff I say to my friends would come off mean in the wrong context.
Perhaps, but that's a pretty awful thing to say even if they are friends who rag on each other a lot.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #85
Chip Chipperson
Man of Murder

Max Landis is right where he belongs- behind the camera.

I just wish he would stay there, because he really is an unbearable douche to the highest degree. a talented one, but still a douche.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #86
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Even if that's the case, he's still been an ass plenty of other times. Anyone see the video of him screaming at James Gunn like a 2 year old when he called Chronicle a superhero movie?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #87
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Max Landis can eat a hot bowl of Joseph Gordon-Levitts.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #88
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Max Landis can eat a hot bowl of Joseph Gordon-Levitts.
lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #89
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Chronicle was cool and what not, but max needs to stfu.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #90
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
One day I was in the internet and some unknown genius said this: "A Wonder Woman film directed by Del Toro based on Azzarello run".

And I was like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aVwxTM0ZZ0

I'd gladly give a leg to see this happening!
I dont think Del Toro meshes well with Azarello's take. Im not really a fan of Guillermo anyway because im not big on the amount of CG he uses and i wasn't impressed with Pacific Rim. I dont care for the Hellboy movies either. Let him direct Justice League: Dark as i think the supernatural elements meshes well with his style. I want a very different director stylistically to Guillermo when it comes to Wonder Woman. I want it to be exotic but not too far-fetched.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #91
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ He uses more makeup and animatronics than most directors probably do nowadays :/

PR was CG intensive, but I have a feeling he'll go back to smaller films.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #92
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:

Landis today on Twitter:

Class act, that guy.
Chronicle was so overrated so he can....yeah what Eddie Dean said.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #93
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Landis is one of those people that could very be smart and have some great ideas, but ruins it all with many layers of douchebaggery.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Seriously, was CHRONICLE what it was because of Landis or Trank? As it stands I am leaning towards Trank.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #95
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I'm thinking Trank. Maybe that will become more apparent when his Fantastic Four comes out.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #96
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Trank. Landis has his own head too far up his behind to be any good.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #97
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Hey, Spielberg can do it. Zack is better than him, so I'm sure he can work something out.

Quote:
It's not that people don't want them involved it's just that they are so big they are their own brand. They aren't hired to do movies they develop their own movie.
When a person is hired on to do a Marvel film they have very little control over that film. What the Russo Brothers and others have to do is make the film that Marvel wants them to make, based on the script Marvel picked...and have it fit within the universe Marvel set up.

Iron Man 3 says hi.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #98
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I mean, the story in CHRONICLE was good, and the dialog is also good. But I think what Trank brought to the table, the effort to make it a quality film with quality performances... That's what makes the film for me.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #99
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Chronicle was a great film imo. Better than most CBMs coming out these days.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #100
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Iron Man 3 says hi.
Umm... RDJ had brought Black on board for dialog touchups as far back as IM1. Sooo... Yeah, Black knew from the giddyup how far he could take things. You don't think Joss and Feige had veto power over any and all things? You don't think that they had significant input for story and characters?

Closed Thread