The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2

Rogues role probably wasn't something another character couldn't do, rogue couldn't do anything kitty couldn't do

Old 12-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Rogues role probably wasn't something another character couldn't do, rogue couldn't do anything kitty couldn't do
A Rogue and Logan scene would have been more impactful than a Kitty and Logan scene; they have no emotional connection at all.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Exactly, it's not the same as the comic. Thats a huge emotional connection that is gone now. I really wanna stop thinking about it. Time to move forward and hope for the best

Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

The franchise is going down hill. Without Anna, this movie isn't gonna be as good.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
The franchise is going down hill. Without Anna, this movie isn't gonna be as good.
Ha! I don't know what's funnier, this statement or the new thread title...

Anna's great, but really...?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 12-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Just noticed the title

:o
Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Full/partial filmed performances get cut out of a final release semi-regularly...this just happens to be a high-profile actor in a very high-profile film...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 12-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

The Curse of Cutting Anna Paquin. Singer will never live it down.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Yes Anna was the face of this franchise without Anna DOFP will be a bad film, I mean that 3rd act was gonna make this film awesome, that 3rd act was gonna make or break this movie

Uh huh yep

Old 12-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I dunno I prefer to see redemption for her character. Obviously it's not going to make me not want to see this movie. I can't wait. I just wanted an emotional connection to X1 via Rogue's story arc. Having two timelines carring the narritive at once is great and the inclusion of her character would bring the series full circle.
I don't believe they cut her because her scene was too difficult to edit. We say it must not have been important because it was cut but its like an entire subplot removed from the movie. I am thinking some kind of deal with Anna in future projects could have fallen apart and they had to change the movie. Or he's fooling us because her role was spoiled and she will indeed have some kind of role in Apocalypse. Is it really beyond him to mislead us if those spoilers were true? Bryan Singer seems like the type who would get frustrated with fans figuring out the film beforehand.

I mean considering the fact that she wouldn't be appearing until possibly halfway through the movie, having her role a surprise /secret within the context of the story, is it better for us to not go in saying "I can't wait to see Rogue" and already be one step ahead of the characters in the story? Yknow? He responded to Apocalypse being an alien and Rogues role had been spoiled for a while now, he must have known we knew.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

The thread title is great... Props to whoever changed it lmao.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Here's the thing.... everyone's sad about her being cut and most people are saying things like "I really wanted to see her character evolve" or "I really wanted some redemption/resolution for her character."

Perhaps her presence in the film became something so insignificant, that it made more sense just to cut it, than to have it in "just because."

And I guarantee if the scenes were left in, people would see the movie and complain that "Rogue was wasted" or "Rogue didn't have anything to do" or "She was ONLY there for a plot point and served no purpose emotionally." Yadda.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, because that one scene was going to make all of the difference in this movies success.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #17
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

You just watch ,
When that that scene comes out with The DVD ,
A lot of people are going to agree with Singers decision to remove it from the film.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #18
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

It doesn't matter that her role was likely not integral to the plot - what she adds is emotional weight and a human element not as effective without her. It's lame that her sequence was so mishandled that it had to be cut. Her character is underestimated and irritatingly sidelined. So much could be done with Rogue. One, Anna can totally rock the role as a vulnerable Rogue or as a powerhouse Rogue - she's a really versatile actor and she does the southern thing really well in True Blood. Two, she could totally absorb multiple people at once and do huge damage.Apparently her character had a stunt double in this movie so her scenes did involve both action as well as a fitting resolution by being the one to guide Logan in the end. If the sequence didn't fit well with the cut, well... sounds like Rogue was mishandled yet AGAIN. You'd think that after the disaster that was X3, they'd put in a real effort to try and make this one of the things they could fix. Didn't have to be a long sequence. Just poignant.

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 12-25-2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #19
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Full/partial filmed performances get cut out of a final release semi-regularly...this just happens to be a high-profile actor in a very high-profile film...

This is probably the 1st time I've seen a cast member returned for a supporting role after so many years and get axed.

At least with TASM2, we haven't seen their version of Mary Jane yet. But Rogue? Plus we've already seen her in the trailer and she even attended the comic-con presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
You just watch ,
When that that scene comes out with The DVD ,
A lot of people are going to agree with Singers decision to remove it from the film.
I doubt that.

A lot of people didn't like that Mangold cut the alternate ending and in my opinion. Mangold made the right decision to cut it.

Then the extended scenes with Prof X/Cyclops, I've seen people wanting those scenes to be included in the final cut.

Then what about a character like Rogue? Being chopped for the entire film. Thats gonna get a bigger response.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-25-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #20
Malik
Side-Kick

The thing I wish could still be in the film was the mutant camp, rogue is eh to me.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #21
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
The thing I wish could still be in the film was the mutant camp, rogue is eh to me.
Actually yeah, I would also like to have seen the mutant camp.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #22
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
While I would have liked to see Rogue being rescued by Magneto himself due to their history, but I agree with you. The camps are something I always wanted to see after Singer mentioned them.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
This is probably the 1st time I've seen a cast member returned for a supporting role after so many years and get axed.

At least with TASM2, we haven't seen their version of Mary Jane yet. But Rogue? Plus we've already seen her in the trailer and she even attended the comic-con presentation.

I doubt that.

A lot of people didn't like that Mangold cut the alternate ending and in my opinion. Mangold made the right decision to cut it.

Then the extended scenes with Prof X/Cyclops, I've seen people wanting those scenes to be included in the final cut.

Then what about a character like Rogue? Being chopped for the entire film. Thats gonna get a bigger response.
I don't think people will agree that Rogue should have gotten cut.
But I don't think this was about Rogue.
I think it was about the overall scene in context.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #24
Angamb
Banned User

The real question would be why the scene ended weird? Couldnt Singer put more effort into it on first place to avoid all this negativity?

Last edited by Angamb; 12-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
The real question would be why the scene ended weird? why couldnt Singer put more effort into it on first place to avoid all this negativity?
Best guess is it doesn't fit with X-Men: Apocalypse which is currently being written.

Closed Thread