The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #51
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
EDIT: The X2 White House picture is different to Singer telling the press that they cut Rogue out of the film.
Of course it isn't, literally -- just saying that FOX and Mr. Singer, like any good filmmaker, aren't above a bit misdirection to preserve some element of surprise for the audience...you've seen it before.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 12-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #52
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Problem with the nature of her role is that it seems like she would just be taking kitty's powers to bring Logan back and she would turn up in the 3rd act, its a case off with a few script changes is she really needed to the overall plot? Who knows

And in the long run no I don't think singer would be kept up at night by fan speculation to be forced to lie then happily receive some backlash with the idea that they will be surprised when they see it

Old 12-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
The trailer break down Singer did for Empire:

"Now we are reintroduced to Iceman's former belle, Anna Paquin’s Rogue, also in the future section. Does she have her powers? What does she do now? Tell us, Bryan! "I don't want to give away how she enters the movie at this point," he spoilsports. Bah!"

Everything I've read points to Rogue having a pivotal role in the third act which directly influences X-Men Apocalypse and Singer didn't want Rogue's role revealed. I'm like 70% convinced Rogue is still in the movie.

http://www.empireonline.com/features...r-breakdown/p5
Il say this again if rogue takes kitty's power and its her power that does all this stuff, obviously there is no reason why rogue would be able to do something kitty can't so again kitty can have that role very easy, I wouldn't bank hopes up that he is lying

Plus when he says he doesn't wanna explain how she comes into the film at this point it could mean he doesn't know about her scenes yet, just voicing other theory's, it's better then grasping at straws trying to find a lie in singers words

Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #54
psyonic
X-Man

It was said her pivotal role in the third act directly leads to X-Men Apocalypse. I think Singer would misdirect fans because of that.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #55
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
It was said her pivotal role in the third act directly leads to X-Men Apocalypse. I think Singer would misdirect fans because of that.
And what if its now kitty's role? It was said on twitter that if rogues gone kitty likely had a bigger role

Just for record we only found out her role was linked to apocalypse after we heard she was cut lol and it was only mentioned because she was cut, honestly there is more going against it then there is for all, it would be a silly thing to do on singers part ESP with the backlash, fans will speculate and spoilers will get out, casual audiences won't know and there is still plenty we don't know, rogues role wouldn't be the be all and end all

Old 12-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #56
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe she becomes a horsewoman. And she and Gambit can infiltrate Xavier's mansion with young Cyke, Jean and Storm. sigh I want that romance on screen

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 12-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #57
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

I love the character of Kitty in the comics. Hate the character of Kitty in this film. I hope Ellen doesn't have a lot of screen time. Anna Paquin >>> Ellen

Old 12-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #58
danielfoez
Side-Kick

Hopefully, Bryan's just misleading us...For me, what I remember the most about the future section of the comic were the mutant camp, the inhibitor collars and their struggling and sacrifices...and all of those seemed to be represented the best in Rogue's rescue, since it was said that in mutant camp she had one of those inhibitors, and we would have gotten to see the way mutants are treated in the future, maybe even mirroring Austwitz in a way (which was what the comic storyline intented to do)...

And sacrifice...Am I the only way who notice how Bobby gave this heartfell look to Kitty in the trailer, he goes to rescue Rogue, and yet he seems to be the only one who wasn't in the X-jet after said rescue? :S

Old 12-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #59
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfoez View Post
Hopefully, Bryan's just misleading us...For me, what I remember the most about the future section of the comic were the mutant camp, the inhibitor collars and their struggling and sacrifices...and all of those seemed to be represented the best in Rogue's rescue, since it was said that in mutant camp she had one of those inhibitors, and we would have gotten to see the way mutants are treated in the future, maybe even mirroring Austwitz in a way (which was what the comic storyline intented to do)...

And sacrifice...Am I the only way who notice how Bobby gave this heartfell look to Kitty in the trailer, he goes to rescue Rogue, and yet he seems to be the only one who wasn't in the X-jet after said rescue? :S
I never thought about that look Bobby gave Kitty as being a goodbye before he goes to rescue Rogue, but that makes complete sense. And good point about the inhibitor collar stuff. Of course, he could explore that in other scenes but you're right, the Rogue sequence - and the sequence leading up to Rogue's rescue - sound like they were tailored to a dystopian future where we can see what happens in a world in which "Magneto was right", and the parallel with Auschwitz would be most aptly demonstrated during that rescue sequence. Makes it fitting that Magneto would have been the one to rescue her - it's not just personal for him because it's a camp for mutants - it's personal because of his history in the concentration camps which was the experience that laid his foundation for his whole ideology. Wow, so much potential for dramatic tension, not just in the scenes where Anna actually appears, but in the build up to it... just cut away. It does make it seem like her sequence was actually really poignant. Also, it wouldn't have been just a fitting resolution to her relationship with Wolverine, but also a fitting reconciliation with Magneto. And what better way for him to stand up for his ideology than to be the one to actually go into the camps and rescue her? It would show BOTH a world in which "Magneto was right" and where he was wrong in going too far in X1 with attempting to kill her for the sake of that same ideology. Would've been really heavy stuff and a lot more going on than a simple rescue. Ugh, should've kept it in.

That said, why would he go to such trouble to announce that she is not in the film and deflate people's expectations rather than let them build? It wouldn't make sense to promote a movie by saying an Oscar-winning star's scenes have been cut. I don't really see how that's good promotion to say, "Oh, one of our stars is no longer in the movie. Come see the movie!" It seems more like anticipatory damage-control to preempt an even worse fanbase reaction on opening weekend when it would be an unpleasant surprise that she's not in it. It just doesn't seem plausible. My thoughts are that her scenes have really been cut.

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 12-26-2013 at 04:50 AM. Reason: edit words
Old 12-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #60
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Hey, so Rogue's main sequence probably wouldn't have been all that great. Namely Rogue can't really hurt sentinels since she can't steal their powers. Also, Captain Marvel isn't part of Fox's rights so she'll never be able to go toe to toe with a sentinel and win.

Rogue may reappear in Apocalypse where she wouldn't be useless.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #61
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I doubt the rogue scene being cut had anything to do with her uselessness,
It probably had more to do with the scene itself.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #62
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Also, Captain Marvel isn't part of Fox's rights so she'll never be able to go toe to toe with a sentinel and win.
Why would we need Captain Marvel, when Rogue stole powers from Ms. Marvel.
Also there are many of mutants she can steal power from. She could steal it from young Juggernaut if she travels to past with Apocalypse.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #63
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

one of the issues is that the future scenes were all filmed before the past scenes which means if any changes made to the script in that time they may effect the stuff already shot in the beginning (and its already been said the script is always being written even during filming)

infact singer does say that

Quote:
"It's very disappointing, but she's very professional and she knows that stuff happens, particularly with material you shoot early on in production.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #64
Angamb
Banned User

Singer was just excusing himself.

He didnt do a great job with that sequence, and now that he realized it wasnt working like he wanted, he cuts it.

But I dont care about his excuses. A poor job is a poor job.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #65
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Also there are many of mutants she can steal power from.
There's Warpath for one, so the opportunity to give Rogue flight and superhuman strength was there, but it wasn't taken. Oh well.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #66
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Also there are many of mutants she can steal power from. She could steal it from young Juggernaut if she travels to past with Apocalypse.
Well…technically, I think Ms. Marvel is Captain Marvel atm …but I agree, there are so many X-Characters to be used to steal powers from.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #67
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Singer was just excusing himself.

He didnt do a great job with that sequence, and now that he realized it wasnt working like he wanted, he cuts it.

Wow.

Did I skip a year ahead in my sleep and end up in a discussion about the DOFP Blu-ray, now that everyone has seen it?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 12-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #68
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Nope, just regular interwebs hyperbole.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #69
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Hope Miguel isn't your name.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #70
Angamb
Banned User

no, its not.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #71
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
^Nope, just regular interwebs hyperbole.
Indeed. I'm surprisingly upset by this situation, but it's probably worth seeing the film before judging Singer's decision.

I wouldn't mind Fox following up on their Wolverine extended edition with a longer version of this though. I doubt the cut scenes are bad, and the fanboy in me would be very happy to see as much of this world as possible.

If there's one bright side for me, it's that no Rogue means my X3 fan edit (where Rogue isn't cured) is less likely to be contradicted lol

Old 12-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #72
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It's likely more of an Alien 3 situation rather than The Wolverine. Rogues role will affect other scenes without Anna Paquin herself so it'll be like two different movies.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #73
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It's likely more of an Alien 3 situation rather than The Wolverine. Rogues role will affect other scenes without Anna Paquin herself so it'll be like two different movies.
If they cut angel or cyclops out of X3 would it be a completely different movie than what was released?

Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #74
Angamb
Banned User

yes.

Because Angel was the origin of the cure.

And Cyclops was on Jean's introduction and was part of the dialogue on different scenes, not to mention it would mean a smaller running time, so it would have been even worse.

a 1 hour 10 min movie or so?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #75
Legion
Side-Kick

Angel could have been cut and the inspiration of the cure could have been different. The scenes where he jumps out the window, shows up at the school, and when he catches his father have very little impact on the overall story.

The scene where cyclops "awakens" Jean could easily have been cut and the awakening could have happened when Logan and Storm arrive.

With some editing and reshoots the same story could have been told without those characters...like what is happening with DoFP...

Closed Thread