The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #76
neemer5
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Angel could have been cut and the inspiration of the cure could have been different. The scenes where he jumps out the window, shows up at the school, and when he catches his father have very little impact on the overall story.

The scene where cyclops "awakens" Jean could easily have been cut and the awakening could have happened when Logan and Storm arrive.

With some editing and reshoots the same story could have been told without those characters...like what is happening with DoFP...
In order for ANY of that to happen, you'd have to reshoot. There is absolutely nothing to show that they are doing that with the Rogue scenes. That means Rogue's scenes were completely gratuitous like Singer suggested (eg they decide to rescue her for no reason, and then she's in the background and that's it), or Singer completely messed it up and is trying to piece it together. They're both possibilities.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #77
Krak66
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Someone is really upset
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #78
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I expect that is someone from these boards.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #79
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
In order for ANY of that to happen, you'd have to reshoot. There is absolutely nothing to show that they are doing that with the Rogue scenes. That means Rogue's scenes were completely gratuitous like Singer suggested (eg they decide to rescue her for no reason, and then she's in the background and that's it), or Singer completely messed it up and is trying to piece it together. They're both possibilities.
If it were "completely gratuitous" in the first place, they would not have restructured the entire shoot to accommodate her pre-contractual obligation with True Blood by devoting that week specifically for her scenes. There was obviously a reason for her to be in, but the storyline might have evolved over the course of the filming (which was a long filming period, so changes were likely to happen) and the scenes that conflicted over the course of filming probably more than outnumbered and outweighed something in her relatively short sequence to a critical point that they had to cut those scenes. I wouldn't underestimate what a drastic thing it is to cut out her entire scenes. It suggests that a critical change took place, and the short sequence of a few minutes obviously would have to go if it conflicted with an hour or two of other footage, even if it was a matter of pacing.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #80
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Someone is really upset
It's obviously Anna

Last edited by Malik; 12-27-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #81
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
It's obviously Anna
Whoever that person is, I admire him, lol

Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #82
Angamb
Banned User

Me too

Im glad some people is being reaaaaaaaal honest.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #83
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Angry Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

I have to be honest.

This news is really upsetting and I will no longer watch it in theaters.
I will wait for the dvd and see my Rogue then.
I find it ****ed up that the FC cast gets full priority.
Bryan singer better make amends with the Apocalypse movie and redeem Rogue.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #84
Angamb
Banned User

Bryan Singer doesnt care about Rogue shining on this franchise anymore. And less giving fans the Rogue they know and love.

He has had 13 years to do it. And 13 later, Rogue is cut.

What more do we need to accept it?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #85
Electrix
Side-Kick

To be fair to Bryan Anna's True Blood schedule meant she could only spare a week or so to film. He managed to squeeze her in but things changed in the editing room.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #86
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Someone from here getting irrational over Twitter about X-Men?

Nah, that never happens.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #87
Krak66
Side-Kick

First movie (2000) was like the origin of Rogue. She had almost major role. But X-men is movie about a team so they cannot bring story of only one character (except Wolverine - he is always the center of universe )

And people should admit that OT is past and now it is time of First class. It's fact. FOX has plans and they will follow this plan. But if the DOFP fails we will see them re-consider.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #88
kasjan
Side-Kick

Someone should stop writing bs here and be happy we had Rogue in three movies, instead her we could have Jubilee.
Obviously you know about Singer's future plans about Rogue in next movies, sorry but can't stop facepalming.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #89
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Have you guys seen our Front Page Poll? It appears that the majority of fans (including casual ones) have a fairly Meh attitude about the entire thing.

While I understand that some here are upset, fact is Rogue has arguably had the greatest character arc spanning all three OT films. That's something only Wolverine can lay claim to. She was the heart of the original trilogy, had an origin, a love interest, and a choice.

So I think it's fair to step back and appreciate that.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 12-27-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #90
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

At least 43% of fans don't seem to bothered.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #91
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
I have someone in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Have you guys seen our Front Page Poll? It appears that the majority of fans (including casual ones) have a fairly Meh attitude about the entire thing.

While I understand that some here are upset, fact is Rogue has arguably had the greatest character arc spanning all three OT films. That's something only Wolverine can lay claim to. She was the heart of the original trilogy, had an origin, a love interest, and a choice.

I guarantee the majority would have been pissed that she was cut if she was actually like the comics with the flight and super strength abilities. The kind of powers that would have allowed her to do more in these films.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #92
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I was talking with someone at work who is really looking forward to the movie and he said it didn't bother him. He said he'd be more bummed if they cut Fassbender.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #93
Melapi
Side-Kick

The saddest part of this is that, unless she's cast in TW Sequel, TLS is going to be her last movie.

Such a waste of character and a lame way to finish her story arc.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #94
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I guarantee the majority would have been pissed that she was cut if she was actually like the comics with the flight and super strength abilities. The kind of powers that would have allowed her to do more in these films.
This.

She doesn't really do anything cool, so alot of people don't care. Dont think she has even fought one person.

Last edited by def28; 12-27-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #95
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

probably ain't the last time we will see rogue, although personally i think they probably would get her involved in the next wolverine movie (given they wanted to do it originally) and she may actually get a decent role out of it having limited cast involved

Old 12-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #96
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post

Which poll???

Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #97
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Majority or minority isn't the issue, though. She's not Wolverine or Mystique or Magneto, and to a lesser extent, Professor X or Storm. In these movies, everyone else basically matters less. That said, Rogue is a hugely popular character that *many* (not majority or minority or anything so absolute) identify with. That's why it's such a disappointment with a lot of people and why there are so many articles about it. Google it, or go on IMDB, and a ton of people are pissed, lol.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #98
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Someone is really upset
Social media is lovely isn't it? Swear, some people act like it's a personal affront to them. lol

Old 12-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #99
Krak66
Side-Kick

But cutting Rogue raised interest and attention to the DOFP. Black PR

Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Social media is lovely isn't it? Swear, some people act like it's a personal affront to them. lol
You should see what happens when all do is post a picture of a DOFP banner taken at a movie theater. Your entire fandom gets questioned.