The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #101
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
But cutting Rogue raised interest and attention to the DOFP. Black PR
That's true too.

Did he remove the posts from that guy who told him off for cutting Rogue? I went to his Twitter and I don't see it anymore, lol.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #102
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

i also think in "social media" people are more attracted to joining in with negativity, any excuse to get the pitch forks and put someone down, infact i can't think of many things that don't get that on the internet

Old 12-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #103
def28
Side-Kick

Yup, pretty much everyone on the internet does that. Alot more people comment to complain compared to sharing positive views or for supporting something they like.

Last edited by def28; 12-27-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #104
Krak66
Side-Kick

Majority of people in the internet don't know how movie making process is made. It's huge work, many people are involved. But everyone is blaming Singer. I don't think he made this decision without speaking with Kinberg and Donner.
Donner is the main person in the X-men franchise.

Last edited by Krak66; 12-27-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #105
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
That's true too.

Did he remove the posts from that guy who told him off for cutting Rogue? I went to his Twitter and I don't see it anymore, lol.
No, tweet still there, under photo of the dinner in Honolulu

Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #106
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
No, tweet still there, under photo of the dinner in Honolulu
hahaha, awesome

Old 12-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #107
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
Majority or minority isn't the issue, though. She's not Wolverine or Mystique or Magneto, and to a lesser extent, Professor X or Storm. In these movies, everyone else basically matters less. That said, Rogue is a hugely popular character that *many* (not majority or minority or anything so absolute) identify with. That's why it's such a disappointment with a lot of people and why there are so many articles about it. Google it, or go on IMDB, and a ton of people are pissed, lol.
I think a lot of the people who aren't huge comic nerds that are pissed are people who became fans of her from True Blood. Not all of them mind you, but I would bet money that a large percentage are.

I have a feeling if she was never in True Blood(which really increased her popularity and fanbase) the people online that are pissed would be a much smaller group.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #108
pavlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I think a lot of the people who aren't huge comic nerds that are pissed are people who became fans of her from True Blood. Not all of them mind you, but I would bet money that a large percentage are.

I have a feeling if she was never in True Blood(which really increased her popularity and fanbase) the people online that are pissed would be a much smaller group.
I think fans have the right to be upset, regardless of the validity of the reason. Some are just, let's say, more expressive.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #109
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:

So???

That's why studios hire famous actors, because they bring Fans and their money. Most of JL fans that are going to watch DOFP, are Hunger Games fans. It doesn't make their thoughts less important, in fact they can help (big time) to secure more sequels.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #110
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I believe it - that same account started following me on Twitter and I just groaned.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #111
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree that her popularity has grown through True Blood (even though her character is not particularly well liked), I think that people still remember the image of Rogue from the cartoons and comics and hope that they can see that character come fully to life on the big screen. That being said, with this cut, if this movie is highly successful, I would not be surprised if the recast when and if they decide to bring back Rogue. As much as this cut may be based artistically, this is also a $250 million film and the suits will also have their say, despite some internet chatter.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #112
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
I think fans have the right to be upset, regardless of the validity of the reason. Some are just, let's say, more expressive.
They certainly have a right to be upset. But if you're going to tweet expletives or other such nonsense at the director, don't expect to be taken seriously. Do that, and you just look like a child throwing a tantrum.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #113
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I believe it - that same account started following me on Twitter and I just groaned.
One got mad at me because I didn't follow them, and told me I wasn't a real X-Men fan.

All I did was post a picture of a DOFP standee in a movie theater...

I had fun with them, though. They wound up deleting their tweets, but screenshots are forever.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #114
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post

I agree that they have the right to be angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
So???

That's why studios hire famous actors, because they bring Fans and their money. Most of JL fans that are going to watch DOFP, are Hunger Games fans. It doesn't make their thoughts less important, in fact they can help (big time) to secure more sequels.
What I posted wasn't me saying that those fan's thoughts were less important and yes, I do realize that studios like getting name actors to bring more people into the theater. I was simply stating that if Anna was never on True Blood(which did in fact increase her popularity)there would be less people complaining because they would mainly know her from the X-men films and in those films she never did anything major to truly stand out and become a fan favorite with the general audience.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #115
MarvelU
Side-Kick

We might get Rogue in a future Wolverine movie or a future movie featuring the OT cast members. They cut Rogue from Days of Future Past and Fox might want to fit her into some future movie. She would fit in more in another Wolverine movie and it would be the most interesting she would have ever been IMO.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #116
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Meh I don't think she should share a movie with Wolverine. This is interesting, what would have been in DOFP. Rogue literally rogue in a post apocalyptic world, by herself in a prison. Her relationship with Magneto, Iceman and Wolverine all come into play. Shame all around. Even if she has no more than five physical minutes of screen time, her scenes in the trailer alone are better than X3.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 12-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #117
Mars123
Side-Kick

I just like to report that I am slowly recovering from the news of rogue being cut from the movie. It may have taken some counselling but I am getting better

Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #118
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

It didn't sound like she had that big of a part to begin with.

I'm kind of on the fence about this. On the one hand, I would have liked to see a better Rogue than the one we've had in the original trilogy, but on the other hand, I'm not a fan of Anna Paquin as Rogue anyways, so it doesn't really bother me that she's not going to be in it.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #119
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Anna Paquin on True Blood is the Rogue we would have wanted. It's like, "where did THAT come from Anna?" So I was very very excited to see her put that southern sass to good use as Rogue. It's like, perfect casting now. She's matured and can be badass Rogue finally.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #120
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I just like to report that I am slowly recovering from the news of rogue being cut from the movie. It may have taken some counselling but I am getting better

Old 12-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #121
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
To be fair to Bryan Anna's True Blood schedule meant she could only spare a week or so to film. He managed to squeeze her in but things changed in the editing room.
Exactly. Everyone's been moaning and complaining, but she was never really available to be a more meaty/crucial component of the film in the first place.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #122
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i also think in "social media" people are more attracted to joining in with negativity, any excuse to get the pitch forks and put someone down, infact i can't think of many things that don't get that on the internet
Bingo. People are more willing to take to social media to share things they dislike or are upset with than things that make them happy.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #123
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy View Post
Exactly. Everyone's been moaning and complaining, but she was never really available to be a more meaty/crucial component of the film in the first place.
She wrapped filming TB the week before Comic-con and didn't take any other job during the hiatus. So from mid-July until December she was absolutely free.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #124
The Guard
Side-Kick

I just can't bring myself to care. Rogue, in this franchise, was never going to be the Rogue we know from the comics. She just wasn't planned to have that role. So it's not surprising that she once again isn't. And since, in her given role, that of the reluctant mutant, she's pretty much reached her potential as a character in both respects (accepting and rejecting her gifts), I'm not that broken up about it.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 12-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #125
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I actually feel more sorry for Rogue fans than I do about the decision itself.

Closed Thread