The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #326
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,448
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Hmm, i think you may be onto something there. Goyer and Snyder take note - the secret identity disguise conundrum has been solved.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #327
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

That didn't look very good. Tuck in the shirt

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #328
Superman_200
Superman
 
Superman_200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 854
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Jack Reacher was such a badass movie, bro.

The acting was pretty bad in that movie though.

Superman_200 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #329
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond
 
TerryMcGinnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 586
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
I'm wondering how anyone can come to such a conclusion about a particular persons build when that person is wearing a bubblecoat? His face is noticeably thinner as you've highlighted but we really have no way of knowing what his upper body looks like. Personally, I'm just going to wait and see, before being `underwhelmed`.
The point of the photo in the in the post of mine you quoted was NOT to make any conjecture regarding his muscularity, but to indicate that, judging by his face, it seems he is at a weight loss stage right now.

I don't claim to have x-ray vision, so I definitely wouldn't claim to know his exact shape when he's wearing a bubble coat. On the other hand, I said in a previous post that my concerns were based on his latest photos in a white henley. When he's wearing that, you arguably don't need Superman's eyes to get an idea of how his upper body looks like:



This one is from November 24th.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this movie and I definitely support the casting of Ben as Bruce/Batman. In general I'm optimistic, I'd just like Ben to be as nigh perfect for his role physically as Cavil is for his. He has the potential without a doubt. I just said, size wise, if his current size is more or less his final one (which it probably is, given that he's cutting or will start shortly), quite a bit of his potential will remain untapped. He looks to be in great shape, but for a guy who casually goes to the gym, not for Batman - that's just my opinion. I also said I remain open to the option for him to really push it in the remaining time and prove me wrong. Actually, I hope that's what happens.


Last edited by TerryMcGinnis; 01-05-2014 at 08:32 AM.
TerryMcGinnis is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #330
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this movie and I definitely support the casting of Ben as Bruce/Batman. In general I'm optimistic, I'd just like Ben to be as nigh perfect for his role physically as Cavil is for his. He has the potential without a doubt. I just said, size wise, if his current size is more or less his final one (which it probably is, given that he's cutting or will start shortly), quite a bit of his potential will remain untapped. He looks to be in great shape, but for a guy who casually goes to the gym, not for Batman - that's just my opinion. I also said I remain open to the option for him to really push it in the remaining time and prove me wrong. Actually, I hope that's what happens.
Well it is possible that he won't do a shirtless scene in this movie and is just muscling up to fill the suit. He could always go all out physique-wise for his solo Batman film. Even Hugh Jackman delivered his best physique in the two solo films (Origins and The Wolverine) AFTER doing 3 team-up films (the original trilogy).

__________________
ďA sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.Ē
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald ~
slumcat is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #331
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond
 
TerryMcGinnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 586
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

I agree, that does seem like the most probable outcome. After all, BvS should still keep focus on Clark/Superman, so from that angle a shirtless scene for Bruce/Batman can be left out. I would actually prefer it that way if Ben isn't in a position to get to his ideal shape for this film.

Now that you mention it, Jackman did look very skinny (in comparison to his current shape) in his first outing as Wolverine. Then again, that was also before the advent of comic accurate movie physiques for male leads (excluding Snypes in Blade).



Last edited by TerryMcGinnis; 01-05-2014 at 09:11 AM.
TerryMcGinnis is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #332
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,510
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

I hope Ben Affleck turns out to be a good Bruce / Batman?

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #333
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,747
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

As a man, I'm totally offended with you guys talking about these guys bodies. There's more to us men than just our amazing bodies.

__________________

Travesty is online now  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #334
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
As a man, I'm totally offended with you guys talking about these guys bodies. There's more to us men than just our amazing bodies.
lol....well I'm glad someone finally spoke out about this. Good on you Travesty...

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #335
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Well it is possible that he won't do a shirtless scene in this movie and is just muscling up to fill the suit. He could always go all out physique-wise for his solo Batman film. Even Hugh Jackman delivered his best physique in the two solo films (Origins and The Wolverine) AFTER doing 3 team-up films (the original trilogy).
Nah, I don't buy that. He didn't deliver his best physique in his solos because he tried harder or put more into it, it was simply because his body naturally progressed to that level. He still looked great in X2 and X3.

X2


X3

hafizbat is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #336
JackMercy
Side-Kick
 
JackMercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis View Post
I agree, that does seem like the most probable outcome. After all, BvS should still keep focus on Clark/Superman, so from that angle a shirtless scene for Bruce/Batman can be left out. I would actually prefer it that way if Ben isn't in a position to get to his ideal shape for this film.

Now that you mention it, Jackman did look very skinny (in comparison to his current shape) in his first outing as Wolverine. Then again, that was also before the advent of comic accurate movie physiques for male leads (excluding Snypes in Blade).

Uh...it's also because he was cast three weeks into production.


__________________
CS/SHH!: Well in the first film...(Bale sees the guy asking the question is wearing a Superman T-shirt.)

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #337
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

In that case, he looked pretty good, all things considered.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #338
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Nah, I don't buy that. He didn't deliver his best physique in his solos because he tried harder or put more into it, it was simply because his body naturally progressed to that level. He still looked great in X2 and X3.

X2


X3
The second pic is from Origins I believe. Well yeah his body naturally progressed, that is true too. But also the focus on his physique increased in his solo films. He does numerous shirtless scenes in his solo movies compared to the team-up films because you can't hog all the attention in team-up films (though almost all X-men films are still like "Wolverine and friends").

I think what I am saying might factor a bit into it, in a solo movie, you own the character, you own the film, you might want to push harder. Both the Marvel Chrises had better physiques in their two solo movies than Avengers.

But most definitely the length of training matters. Jackman explicitly said, that he doesn't think its worth doing if he cannot deliver a better physique with each go at the character, along with a better performance.

__________________
ďA sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.Ē
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald ~
slumcat is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #339
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond
 
TerryMcGinnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 586
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Uh...it's also because he was cast three weeks into production.
Wow, I didn't know that, thanks. That must have been pretty close to his everyday "walking around" shape then, which is decent.

TerryMcGinnis is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #340
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis View Post
Wow, I didn't know that, thanks. That must have been pretty close to his everyday "walking around" shape then, which is decent.
I actually read that he just did 3 weeks of training and went on set and they shot footage and he said it looked bad. He said it was mainly the cage fight scene where they are trying to hide his physique. After than, he trained during the shoot and they shot his shirtless scenes after 5 months or so.

But yeah, shooting schedules are a *****. They can really screw up an actor's chance to reach his full physical potential.

__________________
ďA sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.Ē
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald ~
slumcat is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #341
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 939
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

I don't know why you guys are so worried about Affleck's physique. I don't think Snyder would allow any disappointment in that area.

Da-Scribe is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #342
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis View Post
The point of the photo in the in the post of mine you quoted was NOT to make any conjecture regarding his muscularity, but to indicate that, judging by his face, it seems he is at a weight loss stage right now.

I don't claim to have x-ray vision, so I definitely wouldn't claim to know his exact shape when he's wearing a bubble coat. On the other hand, I said in a previous post that my concerns were based on his latest photos in a white henley. When he's wearing that, you arguably don't need Superman's eyes to get an idea of how his upper body looks like:



This one is from November 24th.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this movie and I definitely support the casting of Ben as Bruce/Batman. In general I'm optimistic, I'd just like Ben to be as nigh perfect for his role physically as Cavil is for his. He has the potential without a doubt. I just said, size wise, if his current size is more or less his final one (which it probably is, given that he's cutting or will start shortly), quite a bit of his potential will remain untapped. He looks to be in great shape, but for a guy who casually goes to the gym, not for Batman - that's just my opinion. I also said I remain open to the option for him to really push it in the remaining time and prove me wrong. Actually, I hope that's what happens.
I'm more interested in the car.


Also, can anyone tell me what kind of shoes is he wearing? They are damn nice.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #343
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,923
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
I don't know why you guys are so worried about Affleck's physique. I don't think Snyder would allow any disappointment in that area.
Snyder is a work out freak...he will not let anyone who didn't physically match the character next to the suit.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #344
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,651
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
I don't know why you guys are so worried about Affleck's physique. I don't think Snyder would allow any disappointment in that area.
Agreed.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on March 25, 2016 - updated!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #345
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond
 
TerryMcGinnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 586
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Agreed.
Snyder is not in a position to allow or disallow anything at this point regarding this matter, it's more or less out of his hands, and in Ben's and Rehan Jalali's.

Ben has been cast as Bruce/Batman and that's it. I know he'll work his ass off, but there's only so much you can do past a certain point in time, with shooting being pretty close now and all. His physique will be however it will be, and Snyder can only accommodate it with the suit and post production.

That said, I hope he'll really push himself extra hard and go that extra mile.

TerryMcGinnis is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #346
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,153
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
The second pic is from Origins I believe. Well yeah his body naturally progressed, that is true too. But also the focus on his physique increased in his solo films. He does numerous shirtless scenes in his solo movies compared to the team-up films because you can't hog all the attention in team-up films (though almost all X-men films are still like "Wolverine and friends").

I think what I am saying might factor a bit into it, in a solo movie, you own the character, you own the film, you might want to push harder. Both the Marvel Chrises had better physiques in their two solo movies than Avengers.

But most definitely the length of training matters. Jackman explicitly said, that he doesn't think its worth doing if he cannot deliver a better physique with each go at the character, along with a better performance.
Nope. They're both from the movies they're listed from.

__________________
'' As beautiful as Aphrodite, as wise as
Athena, swifter than Hermes, and
Stronger than Hercules.''
DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #347
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,923
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis View Post
Snyder is not in a position to allow or disallow anything at this point regarding this matter, it's more or less out of his hands, and in Ben's and Rehan Jalali's.

Ben has been cast as Bruce/Batman and that's it. I know he'll work his ass off, but there's only so much you can do past a certain point in time, with shooting being pretty close now and all. His physique will be however it will be, and Snyder can only accommodate it with the suit and post production.

That said, I hope he'll really push himself extra hard and go that extra mile.
Snyder has a say in how big and cut he wants Ben...and I can guarantee the studio is paying for the trainer not Ben. This would have been all discussed when they talked to Ben about the part.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #348
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 69,813
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
That didn't look very good. Tuck in the shirt
Then he'll just be a fat guy with a tucked in shirt. Come on, man.... get your head in the game.

__________________
#TakeBackTheLounge

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them


Sawyer is online now  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #349
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Then he'll just be a fat guy with a tucked in shirt. Come on, man....
Nah. The shirt hanging loose like that only makes him look bigger. Big people shouldn't wear baggy clothes...

He could play Harvey Bullock.

Goshdarn Batman is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #350
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond
 
TerryMcGinnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 586
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Snyder has a say in how big and cut he wants Ben...and I can guarantee the studio is paying for the trainer not Ben. This would have been all discussed when they talked to Ben about the part.
I get that he has a SAY, and that they have an idea of how they want him to look, but the human body is just that, human, it's not a drawing board. So Snyder can say whatever he wants, but what you can do with your body in a given period of time is pretty much fixed, unless you opt for some "chemical assistance".

And yeah, there's no doubt that the studio is paying for his trainer, that was never in question.

Personally, I think Ben did himself a disservice for BvS when they decided to hit the breaks on his training in order to "stay at a stable size" for Gone Girl. But I get it, it's a Fincher film, and it will do much more for his critical acclaim (something he's been working really hard to get up, for a long time now), than BvS probably ever could.

TerryMcGinnis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.