The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #26
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Cap is back to a variation on his WWII suit by the end of TWS. Hopefully he will use that suit in AOU because I actively dread what Whedon and his costume designer will come up with otherwise.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #27
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Captain Dildo
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Having seen Sebastian in "Hot Tub Time Machine" one can see where he can play a character with some intensity. I mean I know the movie is a comedy, but his role is the alpha bully and wanting to fight everyone.

As for that new Empire Cover all I have to say is DEM EARS! lol ..... I dunno what took them so damn long to make that happen. He looks infinitely better with them exposed instead of Captain Dildo Head.
Sebastian Stan's always been underrated, IMO. He can handle meaty angsty roles, comedic roles, military roles, and cocky rich boy arrogant roles. He's multi-faceted in his approach, which is what drew him to Bucky Barnes once they started talking to him after his audition for Steve Rogers.

More than anything else Marvel's done, I'm so glad that they've given Sebastian Stan such a big role to shine in. I think he could steal this movie, like Hiddleston.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 12-29-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I don't mind them changing up their look. Their outfits are more than likely going to get torn and trashed somehow in the film. Plus sometimes it is years between the two movies, so it is nice to see them growing and expanding.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #30
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Sebastian Stan's always been underrated, IMO. He can handle meaty angsty roles, comedic roles, military roles, and cocky rich boy arrogant roles. He's multi-faceted in his approach, which is what drew him to Bucky Barnes once they started talking to him after his audition for Steve Rogers.

More than anything else Marvel's done, I'm so glad that they've given Sebastian Stan such a big role to shine in. I think he could steal this movie, like Hiddleston.
I really do not want to see Bucky steal the Steve's thunder. Loki's overshadowing of Thor has hurt the hero and his franchise, so Marvel should be wary of that happening again. The Winter Soldier is an adversary; his story should serve as a catalyst for Steve's development and growth instead of becoming the central arc of the film. Everything in the film should relate back to Steve. The Iron Man films got it just right in that regard because every last thing that happens in those movies is all about Tony. The audience should walk out of the theater buzzing about the hero and his story or they're doing it wrong.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #31
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

awesome image of bucky from the empire magazine (provided via the MCU facebook page)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old 12-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #32
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

3 other images also there on the same link

Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #34
Bryn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I really do not want to see Bucky steal the Steve's thunder. Loki's overshadowing of Thor has hurt the hero and his franchise, so Marvel should be wary of that happening again. The Winter Soldier is an adversary; his story should serve as a catalyst for Steve's development and growth instead of becoming the central arc of the film. Everything in the film should relate back to Steve. The Iron Man films got it just right in that regard because every last thing that happens in those movies is all about Tony. The audience should walk out of the theater buzzing about the hero and his story or they're doing it wrong.
Xeno, I agree that Loki takes too much from Thor. But the Iron Man example almost errs on the other end where the villains are negligible. I think what keeps Iron Man afloat is RDJ's humor and charisma more than anything. He's plain entertaining. And his character is fraught with flaws, which allows the movie to be about how messed up he is and how much he needs to learn.

Cap faces a similar problem as Thor. Both are pretty good guys, steeped in honor and goodness. Thor got to learn his big lesson of humility in the first one, but didn't have much to learn in the 2nd. Cap finally got his chance in the first and has a great chance to adapt to a crazy world in the 2nd.

But strong villains, traditionally, make a movie better. I suppose Tony works well because he's both the hero and the villain, in a narrative sense.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #35
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
1st reaction:

followed immediately by:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #36
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:

FORESHADOWING!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #37
Wade Garrett
Tails again!

Calling it now, Caps shield is painted that light blue color until Winter Soldier hits it with a rocket or bomb or something and peels the paint revealing the true colors.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #38
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Yeah, that's the Sebastian Stan fangirl in me talking mostly. I do love Steve Rogers something fierce too. MARVEL should find the proper balance though for their villains, like making sure that WS/Bucky is a legitimate threat and written and developed well to the point that we want to see him return, whether it be as WS or as a darker, more cynical Bucky. They need to make sure he's a memorable enough villain for the audience to buy and to make sure the story arc of Steve trying to save him that much more powerful.

My biggest complaint about these movies is that their villains, save for Loki, are rather forgettable. They're fun to watch a little but they need better development IMO.

Also... THOSE PICTURES!! OMG!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #39
dark_knight08
May 6, 2016

These pictures from Empire for Captain America: The Winter Soldier are epic.

Last edited by dark_knight08; 12-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #40
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

So I want to know, the guyliner. What's up with that?

I'm trying to piece together the chronology of events in this movie based solely on WS' guyliner, and I'm having a hard time. Though, judging by the most recent WS holding Cap's shield pic, I think that when Sebastian Stan isn't wearing it, it's probably in the latter half of the movie. When he's wearing it, probably in the first half?

I don't know…. I'm obsessing until we get more Cap stuff.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #41
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm guessing some of the guyliner comes from either a) him wearing the goggles, or b) him using it to reduce shine while he's day-sniping.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #42
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yay, new pics!!

Bucky holding Cap's Shield is the best pic.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #43
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm guessing some of the guyliner comes from either a) him wearing the goggles, or b) him using it to reduce shine while he's day-sniping.
Or c) cover for WS' day job: lead singer for hot new emo boyband.

Sorry… I'll stop now.

(I'll confess that I really wanted Stan to wear the guyliner through the whole thing, but whatever. He looks so incredibly BAMF already)

Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #44
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I've always been meaning to ask, but what does Captain America normally have within his belt? I mean he's not like Batman where he uses several sophisticated gadgets to aid his missions and we've only ever really seen him use primarily his shield, and to a lesser extent, a handgun.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #45
Wade Garrett
Tails again!

You answered your own question. Extra clips for his handgun.

And also hard candies.

Last edited by Wade Garrett; 12-30-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #46
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #47
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:

Nice pics, love Bucky with the Shield.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #48
Loki882
Side-Kick

1. WS looks more and more badass in every image.
2. Scarjo looks lovely as always and I do enjoy seeing superheroes fight in their normal civilian clothes, both in the comics and the movies.
3. Chris Evans IS Captain America, and the new suit looks fantastic.
4. Robert Redford is screaming "I'm actually the bad guy" to me every time that I see him.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #49
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Great pics, God I need this movie like I need oxygen.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #50
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

These are all great pictures but the one of Chris Evans is sheer perfection. I'm still a little in shock that Kevin Feige was able to convince Robert Redford to be in this movie. Redford and Samuel L. Jackson on screen together should be great fun to watch.

Closed Thread