The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #101
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I'm realizing that I had a fair amount of forced goodwill towards the Avengers costume. It's not awful, but there are a few big aspects of it that always rubbed me the wrong way and they seem even more egregious to me now.

But it's all good, I just hope they stick with something closer to this going forward (the fabric and design, not the colors)

Also I think that's the first time I've ever used the word egregious in a sentence.
I put up with the issues I had with the suit because I was just happy to be getting The Avengers. But yeah, definitely time for improvement. Especially now that we've seen this great suit. But like you said, something with his usual colors with a design closer to his TWS soldier would be nice.

I'd like something like this for his AoU suit. It has the strapped helmet and still manages to look super heroic. Only thing I don't like is that his ears aren't out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
But even that's not the traditional look. They opted for etched in wings instead of 3D wings. They put on ear covers. The cowl/mask is an actual helmet instead of flexible material. Which is weird because when he takes it off its just a cloth piece with all the plastic missing. They took away the scales and added all those zippers.

Also, the back is not striped and has no back star. The concept art version and the figures had a version where the stripes went all the way around AND had the back star. To me that was a poor design aesthetic choice.
I didn't mind the helmet wings not being 3D, and I did wonder about how the cowl was only a cloth piece when hanging down his back. There were definitely some poor design choices with that suit.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #102
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

I like the cap 2 shield suit better than avengers that too without red stripes also it reflects modern era in itself like the previous suit in cap 1 reflected its age .
would love if cap use some high tech gadgets showing man out of time embracing modern era .

Old 01-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #103
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is what tradition got us

Without the Helmet, the costume looked perfect imo.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-01-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #104
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
I like the cap 2 shield suit better than avengers that too without red stripes also it reflects modern era in itself like the previous suit in cap 1 reflected its age .
would love if cap use some high tech gadgets showing man out of time embracing modern era .

High tech gadgets like what?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #105
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'd like something like this for his AoU suit. It has the strapped helmet and still manages to look super heroic. Only thing I don't like is that his ears aren't out.

I think if you replace the helmet with the one with a chin strap, the Avengers costume would look better and near perfect imo. But yeah, I agree, I hope we see something like that in AOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
Like what?

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #106
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Caparangs! A CapGrapple and CapRope! CapSharkRepellant!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #107
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Never liked the random indents and such. The Shield suit looks like a bad muscle suit in the midsection area.

Only the First Avenger suit has really worked for me.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #108
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Caparangs! A CapGrapple and CapRope! CapSharkRepellant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Never liked the random indents and such. The Shield suit looks like a bad muscle suit in the midsection area.

Only the First Avenger suit has really worked for me.
Which Shield suit? The Avengers or TWS one?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #109
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

Which Shield suit? The Avengers or TWS one?
TWS one is the Shield suit. It is like they decided to give him fake abs.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #110
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
TWS one is the Shield suit.
It definately looks padded. I'm not sure if it's the extra layers on top the suit or Evans is wearing a muscle suit similar to the one Tobey Maguire wore in the Raimi Spiderman trilogy. TWS has an armoured look to it. I liked the Avengers one minus the helmet. It was more sleeker and looked comfortable overall.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #111
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
It definately looks padded. I'm not sure if it's the extra layers on top the suit or Evans is wearing a muscle suit similar to the one Tobey Maguire wore in the Raimi Spiderman trilogy. TWS has an armoured look to it. I liked the Avengers one minus the helmet. It was more sleeker and looked comfortable overall.
IT doesn't look padded to me, but the design on some areas makes it look like when you draw muscles and abs on.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #112
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
IT doesn't look padded to me, but the design on some areas makes it look like when you draw muscles and abs on.
When it's motion, I feel like it's much better than when he's just standing still. The suit looks cool but yeah, you're right, there's something off about the design. However, it wont detract from my experience and we know by the end of this movie he won't have it any more , so it's all good.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #113
Bryn
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is what tradition got us

I love the traditional 616 Cap in the comics. did NOT like the helmet in The Avengers. Or most of the rest of the suit. The wings, indented, looked cheesy. The overall smoothness makes it look like a plastic Halloween costume mask, not a helmet. And, yes, the floppy cowl and then plastic helmet was visually confusing. The Costume was too light a blue, IMO, and too tight. I know Joss was probably going for the 616 look, but it didn't work too well. I think the more tactical look of the Shield costume + the multi-textured helmet work VERY well. And that kind of surprises me that I think that, frankly.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #114
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:

I always wondered, but were they trying to make us think he was wearing more of a mask than helmet by making it look pulled back in those scenes?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #115
Bryn
Side-Kick

The concept art made it look like it would be more of a mask, so I assume that's why the floppy cowl was there when the mask was off. but it might have been hard to get a cloth mask to look right, so they went with a plastic helmet? We'll never know, I suppose.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #116
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I always assumed the cloth thing that hangs back was just a skull cap kind of thing that goes on under the helmet.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #117
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Am I the only one that has loved both TFA and TA suits? And also love the new suit as well.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #118
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Am I the only one that has loved both TFA and TA suits? And also love the new suit as well.
I've liked both suits. I like certain things about TA suit but the TFA one is still overall the best CA suit so far. I like what I see out of the new TWS suit so I can't wait to see it in action on screen to make my final verdict.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #119
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I never liked the Avengers suit, and I didn't like how seemingly useless they made him in that movie like when he couldn't handle one guy on the Helicarrier when Iron Man was removing the blockage from the engine. Captain America was an awesome soldier in The First Avenger yet he couldn't even aim to hit one guy in The Avengers! haha

Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #120
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerWarrior View Post
I never liked the Avengers suit, and I didn't like how seemingly useless they made him in that movie like when he couldn't handle one guy on the Helicarrier when Iron Man was removing the blockage from the engine. Captain America was an awesome soldier in The First Avenger yet he couldn't even aim to hit one guy in The Avengers! haha
Ummmm?

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #121
Visceral
Side-Kick

just dont give him a helmet, there problem solved

“I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.”
Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #122
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

Without the helmet it evokes the image of the Steve Rogers: Super Soldier suit which is cool. The Steve Rogers: Super Soldier suit is also the suit that Captain America 2 based its suit on anyways.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #123
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I don't get the complaint that Steve Rogers was useless in The Avengers:

He took on Loki, straight off, no holds barred, with basically no armor.
He helped Tony get a handle on the Helicarrier, and yeah, he managed to knock a couple of Loki's goons off the Helicarrier, shooting at a couple too.
He took on Dave P. Chitauri (™ someone upthread who is brilliant!) several at a time, both on the ground with BW and Hawkeye and in a building where they were about to blow up a huge crowd of people, rescued civilians, took charge of first responders, and kicked much alien butt otherwise.

How people say he was "lame"/useless/couldn't hit a single guy in The Avengers is beyond me.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #124
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I seem to be the only person who loves the new suit as is. The World War II variant suit we got glimpses of in the trailer was also terrific. As usual people are nitpicking a great design to death. The ears are exposed, the red-and-white stripes are making a comeback and the WWII suit is being honored. That's everything people have been whining for. There is not much more the producers can do to please fans and apparently nothing they do ever will.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #125
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Nah, I like the new suit as is too.

Closed Thread