The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #276
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I still have no faith in them. MOS while great was not enough to earn it back. With them...I hope for the best, but expect the worse.
If anything, MOS suggests that WB needs Nolan's involvement to make anything of quality.

And I don't like that, because it places burden on someone who would want to move on, while on the other hand, it weighs down down DC so that it's only serious and grounded.

And the kicker is that with other smart indie-based director/producers behind the helm, DC could flourish.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #277
regwec
Shakespearo

Smile Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Have you not been alive for the last twenty years?

When it comes to superhero films they seem to fixate on those two for whatever reason.
I see. So WB only produces superhero movies?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #278
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

And everything else in its studios

Marvel does have the advantage, because it can focus JUST on its superhero movies. This doesn't excuse WB's poor handling of DC, though.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #279
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon

Looking forward to seeing moments like these...

Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #280
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I see. So WB only produces superhero movies?
What a trite excuse.

Even with that being said Marvel had X-Men, Spider-man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Dardevil when it was with other studios (three of them in the same studio) before they made there own. So why couldn't DC/WB broaden there horizons some as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #281
regwec
Shakespearo

It's not trite: Marvel is a small studio with valuable IP that can be converted into movies at a predictably fair return. WB has many more options at any given time, and less incentive to create a "cinematic universe" to facilitate more and more and more obscure superhero movies finding receptive audiences when they come off the production line.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #282
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I'd love to hear Diana scream, "Back to Hades!", while executing someone(or something) in this movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #283
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'd love to hear Diana scream, "Back to Hades!", while executing someone(or something) in this movie.

I hope she grits her teeth while saying, "I'll see you in Hades!!!"

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #284
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Haha, that would be badass.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #285
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not trite: Marvel is a small studio with valuable IP that can be converted into movies at a predictably fair return. WB has many more options at any given time, and less incentive to create a "cinematic universe" to facilitate more and more and more obscure superhero movies finding receptive audiences when they come off the production line.
WTF are you talking about? Did you actually read my response?

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #286
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon

Wonder Woman's marketability is going to be glorious over the next 20 months...

Following up the release of the Superman and Batman Premium Format Figures, WONDER WOMAN will be the next Justice League member to be released:

1:4 scale (25 inches) tall and pure Amazon beauty!!!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new...igure-preview/

Last edited by phoenixflight; 01-01-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #287
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Haha, that would be badass.
I don't know about badass, but I know I'd laugh.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #288
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

This my manip of an existing doll. It's pretty close to what I'd want the WW movie suit to be, though the gladiator skirt can be longer or shorter depending on the aesthetic and practical needs. Though I don't mind if the cape is ditched

Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #289
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I don't know about badass, but I know I'd laugh.

Really? I think it could be a badass moment since she's all warrior-like and all. Could easily come off cheesy if delivered the wrong way, though. But the, "Back to Hades!", is what I definitely want to see.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #290
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Did you actually read my response?
Yep.

Who do you credit with the production of the Marvel licenced movies before they were produced in-house?

How does that scenario compare to a wholly owned subsidiary of a parent company with infinitely more projects to pursue?

Again, Marvel wants only to exploit its IP. It can do this either by licencing or by in house development. DC can't do either as it is owned by WB, and WB is about more than just DC movies.

No need to curse, incidentally.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #291
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Really? I think it could be a badass moment since she's all warrior-like and all. Could easily come off cheesy if delivered the wrong way, though. But the, "Back to Hades!", is what I definitely want to see.
Oh, I was talking about the "See you in Hades" line. I always laugh when someone says the standard Hell one, so I'd laugh more if they had her say something like that. I don't think "Back to Hades" would illicit much reaction from me, though.

"

Old 01-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #292
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Oh, I was talking about the "See you in Hades" line. I always laugh when someone says the standard Hell one, so I'd laugh more if they had her say something like that. I don't think "Back to Hades" would illicit much reaction from me, though.

Did you laugh when Loki said it to Kurse in TDW?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #293
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:

Did you laugh when Loki said it to Kurse in TDW?
Yeah, it's just a goofy line to me. Whether you believe in it or not, I don't know why you'd say that someone.

"

Old 01-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #294
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
If anything, MOS suggests that WB needs Nolan's involvement to make anything of quality.

And I don't like that, because it places burden on someone who would want to move on, while on the other hand, it weighs down down DC so that it's only serious and grounded.

And the kicker is that with other smart indie-based director/producers behind the helm, DC could flourish.
Nolan's involvement in MOS was not that hands on...he EP'd the film.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #295
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep.

Who do you credit with the production of the Marvel licenced movies before they were produced in-house?

How does that scenario compare to a wholly owned subsidiary of a parent company with infinitely more projects to pursue?

Again, Marvel wants only to exploit its IP. It can do this either by licencing or by in house development. DC can't do either as it is owned by WB, and WB is about more than just DC movies.

No need to curse, incidentally.
Look I'm not trying to be rude but you seemed to have missed my point. DC/WB have some of the most recognizable characters in comics yet they only use two.

Fox had four of Marvels properties that they got out within about 5 years of each other. But they couldn't make a WW movie for the past 30 years. Really?

Their lack of forward movement is only due to them not wanting to put any effort into anything outside of Superman and Batman.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #296
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Yeah, it's just a goofy line to me. Whether you believe in it or not, I don't know why you'd say that someone.

I see your point. lol

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #297
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
What a trite excuse.

Even with that being said Marvel had X-Men, Spider-man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Dardevil when it was with other studios (three of them in the same studio) before they made there own. So why couldn't DC/WB broaden there horizons some as well?
Fox and Sony had to make those movies in order to keep the rights. WB can just sit on their DC properties forever. They're not going anywhere.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #298
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

WB's the fat chick sitting on the helpless skinny guy, which is their DC properties.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #299
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

There's some truth to that. My problem with WB is I can forgive them for not just making superhero movies, but in the last ten year what else have they done their properties? Since the end of JL/JLU they dropped the ball in the cartoon department. Smallville ran for ten years, but no other shows during that interim. In the last 5 years alone we've had at least 5 different BATMAN cartoons and the most ridiculous Teen Titans yet.

Arrow and MOS may be the beginning of a new phase, but I haven't forgotten the old one yet. DCE needs to prove itself.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #300
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Yeah, they definitely need to get on the ball.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread