The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #301
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Like yesterday.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #302
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,357
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Look I'm not trying to be rude but you seemed to have missed my point. DC/WB have some of the most recognizable characters in comics yet they only use two.

Fox had four of Marvels properties that they got out within about 5 years of each other. But they couldn't make a WW movie for the past 30 years. Really?

Their lack of forward movement is only due to them not wanting to put any effort into anything outside of Superman and Batman.
This...obviously ain't so.

What's more, new line cinema is/was owned by timewarner.
just saying.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #303
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Yeah so I exaggerated but only a little bit which is the saddest part.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #304
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

What movies are you talking about from New Line, Marvin?

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #305
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.
 
SofNascimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post
Wonder Woman's marketability is going to be glorious over the next 20 months...
YES! YES!

Gimme beautiful film statue!

SofNascimento is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #306
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Yeah so I exaggerated but only a little bit which is the saddest part.
Also, WB doesn't have to do comicbook movies. I still prefer quality over quantity. Marvel has made the comicbook movies less special for me. You can tell the critics are starting to become a bit more cynical with them.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #307
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Also, WB doesn't have to do comicbook movies. I still prefer quality over quantity. Marvel has made the comicbook movies less special for me. You can tell the critics are starting to become a bit more cynical with them.
While I agree the fact that we have never had a WW film isn't because they are aspiring for greatness it's because they weren't tying at all. SMDH.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #308
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
While I agree the fact that we have never had a WW film isn't because they are aspiring for greatness it's because they weren't tying at all. SMDH.
That's simply not true. WB has not made Wonder Woman their number one priority, but they've devoted a decent amount of resources to developing various concepts for a film.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #309
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,357
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
What movies are you talking about from New Line, Marvin?
Off the top of my head Ninja Turtles and ironically enough Blade. I'm sure there's more.

I was thinking constantine but that was just plain old wb.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #310
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
While I agree the fact that we have never had a WW film isn't because they are aspiring for greatness it's because they weren't tying at all. SMDH.
Yeah, but I also understand their point of view. Marvel beat them to the punch, and now they are hopefully trying to get this universe in order for future DC films: WW, Flash, JLF. The sun will shine on DC fans.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #311
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,836
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Also, WB doesn't have to do comicbook movies. I still prefer quality over quantity. Marvel has made the comicbook movies less special for me. You can tell the critics are starting to become a bit more cynical with them.

I love Marvel, but the critics are getting more cynical because the movies don't really stand out in terms of quality. And that's coming from a guy who's been enjoying their Phase 2 films so far. You see Disney and Pixar movies getting great reviews year after year(when they truly deserve it, and Pixar's been "okay" lately). That's because they have a certain quality that they typically strive for.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #312
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,775
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

well they were dealing with a Harry Potter franchise that took up a lot of resources and a Batman series that the visionary director didn't want to share.

However WB/DC has tried to get their cinematic universe off the ground a few times...Justice League: Mortal and GL were suppose to launch the DCCU and failed.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #313
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Off the top of my head Ninja Turtles and ironically enough Blade. I'm sure there's more.

I was thinking constantine but that was just plain old wb.
I googled it and I didn't see Blade on the list, but for poops and grins here is a list of what has been done for DC alone in the past ten years. Looking at the list people should understand why some have no faith in DCE or WB.

From Wiki

Quote:
2004 Catwoman 2005 Batman Begins Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures/Syncopy Films Reboot; nominated for an Oscar 2006 Superman Returns Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures Related to Superman and Superman II; nominated for 1 Oscar Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut Warner Bros. Re-edited, direct-to-video film 2008 The Dark Knight Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures/Syncopy Films Won 2 Oscars, nominated for 6 more 2009 Watchmen Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures 2010 Jonah Hex 2011 Green Lantern Warner Bros. 2012 The Dark Knight Rises Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures/Syncopy Films 2013 Man of Steel Reboot; first installment of the DC Cinematic Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
That's simply not true. WB has not made Wonder Woman their number one priority, but they've devoted a decent amount of resources to developing various concepts for a film.
This is very true. The list for their failed projects is nearly as long as the list above.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #314
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I love Marvel, but the critics are getting more cynical because the movies don't really stand out in terms of quality. And that's coming from a guy who's been enjoying their Phase 2 films so far. You see Disney and Pixar movies getting great reviews year after year(when they truly deserve it, and Pixar's been "okay" lately). That's because they have a certain quality that they typically strive for.
I agree with you 100%.

More comicbook films don't mean quality.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #315
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,836
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
I agree with you 100%.

More comicbook films don't mean quality.

Yep, that's right.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #316
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,357
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I googled it and I didn't see Blade on the list, but for poops and grins here is a list of what has been done for DC alone in the past ten years. Looking at the list people should understand why some have no faith in DCE or WB.
If it's a matter of faith in quality that's another story, if it's a matter of producing comic book adaptations that aren't batman superman, it's probably about as much if not more than marvel.

One just needs to think somewhat outside the box. This would include things like 300 and Hellblazer like material. I'm thinking even the crow(probably not).

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #317
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
That's simply not true. WB has not made Wonder Woman their number one priority, but they've devoted a decent amount of resources to developing various concepts for a film.
Did you hear about the feedback (or lack thereof) Joss When on got while trying to get his WW off the ground? WB just did not know what they wanted or how they wanted to approach her in film. Hopefully that has all changed though because I want more people to see how awesome DC characters are outside of the usual suspects.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #318
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If it's a matter of faith in quality that's another story, if it's a matter of producing comic book adaptations that aren't batman superman, it's probably about as much if not more than marvel.

One just needs to think somewhat outside the box. This would include things like 300 and Hellblazer like material. I'm thinking even the crow(probably not).
It's pretty much all the above and the issue isn't us fans thinking outside the box. It's WB/DCE thinking outside that box. Looking at their history for the past ten years under different tenures the pattern hasn't really changed. I could pull ten more years prior to that and it still looks the same.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #319
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,394
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

I think that many of the DC properties that may make for interesting films are not, in fact, those that seem obvious by virtue of their pecking order. I would take the Atlantaean fantasy of Aquaman over Green Lantern, and a crime noir featuring The Question over Flash, for instance.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #320
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Did you hear about the feedback (or lack thereof) Joss When on got while trying to get his WW off the ground? WB just did not know what they wanted or how they wanted to approach her in film. Hopefully that has all changed though because I want more people to see how awesome DC characters are outside of the usual suspects.
I don't blame them!

Whedon's version of WW was awful.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #321
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,102
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I see your point. lol
It's like saying, "You're about to die and I hate you! So, to make myself feel better, I'll remind you that you're going to a place of eternal damnation and I'll being seeing you there eventually!!!"

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #322
bluerayer
Swamp Thing 3.0
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,133
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I think that many of the DC properties that may make for interesting films are not, in fact, those that seem obvious by virtue of their pecking order. I would take the Atlantaean fantasy of Aquaman over Green Lantern, and a crime noir featuring The Question over Flash, for instance.
The Question would be so cool. But maybe a tv show would better, it could be like the x-files?

__________________
My Blu Ray and Dvd collection:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=270244
bluerayer is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #323
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,357
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
It's pretty much all the above and the issue isn't us fans thinking outside the box. It's WB/DCE thinking outside that box. Looking at their history for the past ten years under different tenures the pattern hasn't really changed. I could pull ten more years prior to that and it still looks the same.
Like I said, they've produced the same diversity of cbm adaptations as the competition(mcu).

As far as quality, I'd argue they've put out a good amount of that too, moreover, staples of cinema, let alone the genre itself.

What this seems to be a matter of is a combination of the two. Rock solid quality outside of batman and superman. If that's the complaint, have at it.
Though I personally enjoy 300/Watchmen/Constantine more than any non avengers mcu film, but that's me.

With these producers at the helm, I see good a good amount of things to come. WW alone is a sign of that.

As for the decade prior to 2 decades ago...pretty sure you'll find little cbms from anyone.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #324
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Forget the damn past!

We here now!

We wouldn't have Wonder Gal.


__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #325
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
I don't blame them!

Whedon's version of WW was awful.


But really that's how it's been for anyone who has tried to get a WW movie going. It seems more like they just didn't want to do it until after people complained too much.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.