The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #326
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,748
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
As for the decade prior to 2 decades ago...pretty sure you'll find little cbms from anyone.
No need to defend them. I'm just stating facts as to why they inspire so little trust for some, and I'm not willing to do mental gymnastics to find it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I think that many of the DC properties that may make for interesting films are not, in fact, those that seem obvious by virtue of their pecking order. I would take the Atlantaean fantasy of Aquaman over Green Lantern, and a crime noir featuring The Question over Flash, for instance.
Excellent points Reg! People poopoo on Aquaman, but if they could find someone with a vision for the character then I think he would be awesome on film.

I'd love to se The Question as a TV show. I'm hoping and praying he shows up on Arrow. I'd also like a show with Nightwing and Huntress.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #327
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,874
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
It's like saying, "You're about to die and I hate you! So, to make myself feel better, I'll remind you that you're going to a place of eternal damnation and I'll being seeing you there eventually!!!"

That is so true! Makes even less sense now.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #328
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
No need to defend them. I'm just stating facts as to why they inspire so little trust for some, and I'm not willing to do mental gymnastics to find it either.
People are inclined to have faith or none where they please, if that's what you are explaining then sure.

I'm just being objective. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. And the numbers are clear as day. They've adapted various cbms. Saying otherwise is being dishonest or worse.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #329
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,566
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Also, WB doesn't have to do comicbook movies. I still prefer quality over quantity. Marvel has made the comicbook movies less special for me. You can tell the critics are starting to become a bit more cynical with them.
Nick Fury is about to get fired.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #330
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.
 
SofNascimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,653
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Wait, Catwoman had a 100 million dollar budget?!

Jesus Christ!

SofNascimento is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #331
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,748
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

That was such a missed opportunity. Catwoman, though a subsidiary character, is more beloved than most. Halle was also a great pick for the part, in my opinion. What could have been...

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #332
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,748
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
People are inclined to have faith or none where they please, if that's what you are explaining then sure.

I'm just being objective. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. And the numbers are clear as day. They've adapted various cbms. Saying otherwise is being dishonest or worse.
I don't think anyone actually disagrees with that and that wasn't the point.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #333
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I don't think anyone actually disagrees with that and that wasn't the point.
seemed like the point of the post I was replying to on the previous page. That being said, unease only seems natural, this is hollywood, not creator owned publishing.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #334
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
People are inclined to have faith or none where they please, if that's what you are explaining then sure.

I'm just being objective. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. And the numbers are clear as day. They've adapted various cbms. Saying otherwise is being dishonest or worse.
Exactly but I am merely stating that they have yet to do a movie of one of their flagship characters. That seems to me a lack of effort on their part IMO.

I feel like you are trying to twist words to further some other agenda.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #335
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly but I am merely stating that they have yet to do a movie of one of their flagship characters. That seems to me a lack of effort on their part IMO.

I feel like you are trying to twist words to further some other agenda.
I just don't like generalizations.
If you meant to say WB should put out more of their flagships(such as league members), then simply say so. Instead, we're left discussing the words you posted instead of your intent.

Generalizations are a staple of genre film criticism and it just doesn't agree with me. You're free to your feelings.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #336
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I just don't like generalizations.
If you meant to say WB should put out more of their flagships(such as league members), then simply say so. Instead, we're left discussing the words you posted instead of your intent.

Generalizations are a staple of genre film criticism and it just doesn't agree with me. You're free to your feelings.
I don't know what you did not get I spelled it out plainly the last page and yes I am free to feel any way I choose I'm not sure who said I wasn't or why you keep bringing that up. Are you trying to be condescending?

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #337
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I don't know what you did not get I spelled it out plainly the last page and yes I am free to feel any way I choose I'm not sure who said I wasn't or why you keep bringing that up. Are you trying to be condescending?
nope.

I suppose that part about being inclined to feel how you want to feel pertains to the other individual I was responding to on this matter.

As for the last thing I remember you spelling out to me, on the last page was that "you exaggerated" the issue. At which point I moved on.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-01-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #338
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,748
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
seemed like the point of the post I was replying to on the previous page. That being said, unease only seems natural, this is hollywood, not creator owned publishing.
From the way some people are talking you would think unease is very unnatural.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #339
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 31,126
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Wait, Catwoman had a 100 million dollar budget?!

Jesus Christ!
And it really didn't look like it either. :/

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 3/25/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #340
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,408
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That is so true! Makes even less sense now.
That's why I'd laugh if they have her say, "I'll see you in Hades!"

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #341
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
nope.

I suppose that part about being inclined to feel how you want to feel pertains to the other individual I was responding to on this matter.

As for the last thing I remember you spelling out to me, on the last page was that "you exaggerated" the issue. At which point I moved on.
Okay no harm no foul

Moving one we need another new WonderGal manip. I might feel inspired tomorrow.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #342
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
From the way some people are talking you would think unease is very unnatural.
They do make it sound that way.
However, I've personally never seen it not exist on a property with heavy buzz. James Cameron knows all about dealing with it, as successful as he's always been. The more buzz and opinionated people chiming in, the more of it you see.
That's what I think anyways.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #343
bluerayer
The Steel Claw
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I'd love to se The Question as a TV show. I'm hoping and praying he shows up on Arrow.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Maybe we should start a petition or something?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #344
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,094
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

I wouldn't mind hearing WW saying "Suffering Sappho" or "Hera help me".

Dark Raven is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #345
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,748
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Maybe we should start a petition or something?
I feel almost certain even if we have 5 million signatures WB still would not listen...lol

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #346
bluerayer
The Steel Claw
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I feel almost certain even if we have 5 million signatures WB still would not listen...lol
You are probably right...Sigh...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #347
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,354
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5






herolee10 is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #348
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,536
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Do you think we will get a Superman/Wonder Woman romance in the flm?

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #349
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,354
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Do you think we will get a Superman/Wonder Woman romance in the flm?



herolee10 is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #350
The Silent Traveler
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Somewhere in California
Posts: 233
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Since I'm not familiar with Wonder Woman, I decided to rent the 1999 direct to video animated film from Netflix to get a pretty good idea about the origin of WW. I enjoyed throughout it. When watching it, I think everything in the film should be translated into a live action film to get the general audience to be familiar with her, in my opinion.

I was appalled by how much excessive the violence was exposed, especially male soldiers being slaughtered by female warriors and Ares' decapitation. I'm not somewhat accustomed to see a strong, independent female warrior beading a big dangerous villain. Pretty brutal for me.

WW being formed from clay is a pretty strange yet fascinating concept to me.

The Silent Traveler is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.