Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #126
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
yup...you don't announce to the world that Wonder Woman will be in a movie to have her come in at the end of the movie.
Pretty much. it'd be like announcing that Sam L Jackson was playing Nick Fury before they started filming Iron Man, which they didn't, because it was just a cameo.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #127
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Pretty much. it'd be like announcing that Sam L Jackson was playing Nick Fury before they started filming Iron Man, which they didn't, because it was just a cameo.
Wrong.

The money wasn't in my account yet.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #128
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Hey you are missing the L. You aren't real!

Old 12-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #129
bluerayer
Swamp Thing

Hey Samuel Jackson: I read all your posts in Sam Jacksons voice!

Old 12-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #130
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Hey Samuel Jackson: I read all your posts in Sam Jacksons voice!
I thought that was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #131
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Actually, they never officially announced that. The Sam Jackson is Nick Fury thing was a rumor that had been floating around for a while before IM came out, and it turned out to be true. It was the same thing for the Thanos cameo in The Avengers.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #132
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Yeah. Now that would be so freaking lame.

I'm actually hoping Diana is Wayne's love interest in this. They always make for a really cute couple. Superman and Wonder Woman has never worked for me. Like at all.
This.

Their New 52 relationship has been torture. JL/JLU sold me on Batman/Wonder Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #133
charl_huntress
The Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This.

Their New 52 relationship has been torture. JL/JLU sold me on Batman/Wonder Woman.
Thankfully I'm not reading the new 52, but I loved Wondy and Bats during JL and JLU. It was such an interesting relationship.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #134
Spamtron
THE MAN

I'm on board with MrsKent... Would like to see a WW on similar level as the fresh warrior Kryptonians, definitely more Faora type skilled-warrior/movement/jumping scenario...not quite to flight capability. That would split the difference and satisfy both sides I'd think, since she's been depicted as with and without the flight ability very commonly. Once Supes had flight very early on in his character evolution it was not really depicted any other way.
I always thought of WW as pretty powerful but with much lower limits, nowhere near the planet destroying limitless level Supes is capable of when pushed. I've always seen her as the pinnacle of what an earth bound super-powered being would be.

Certainly in this MOS verse, since Goyer set things up this way, if Kara wandered off exploring earth 18000-ish years ago and somehow eventually settled down after hundreds of years and spawned a hybrid child that eventually lead to a race of amazons that could only bare females to continue that hybrid gene of strength, long life, etc... hence no more males after many years and only women remained for eons. Just as with early humans explaining the unexplainable with Greek gods, the Amazons initially had the same beliefs in explaining their abilities over the outsiders they've now isolated themselves from due to people's beliefs and persecution of the different. The Amazons have evolved and developed in their own history, industry, and technology, always observing the world from afar. They individually quest the outside world to find their relatively short-lived love/mate to continue the Amazon species and rejoin Themyscira with their offspring once their mate has passed on. Once the events of MOS happen, their ruler's daughter takes her own quest to the world, as ambassador to make sure her home and the planet it exists in remains safe. This just happens to be in her age of mate finding questism though, so finding a sole-mate in Batman by accident seems like a pretty fun idea. The Amazons own historic path leading to superior technology, metallurgy, and fighting development would make for some sweet armor/weapons for Wonder Woman to wield when she breaks out of her meant to blend in Diana persona at the needed moment of major threat.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #135
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Actually, they never officially announced that. The Sam Jackson is Nick Fury thing was a rumor that had been floating around for a while before IM came out, and it turned out to be true. It was the same thing for the Thanos cameo in The Avengers.
I know. That's why I said they didn't announce it.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #136
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so how do you think they will handle the whole Zeus/magic aspect of WW's backstory??

think they will go the Thor route with "magic is just tech we don't understand"?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #137
charl_huntress
The Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so how do you think they will handle the whole Zeus/magic aspect of WW's backstory??

think they will go the Thor route with "magic is just tech we don't understand"?
This is a great question and one that is being hotly debated. I personally would like Themyscira to be separate from earth. I don't care if people say that's how Thor did it. I think it works better.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #138
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

I say they handle magic as magic...since del Toro's Justice League Dark is supposed to be a part of this world and it separates it from the mostly sci-tech MCU.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #139
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
This is a great question and one that is being hotly debated. I personally would like Themyscira to be separate from earth. I don't care if people say that's how Thor did it. I think it works better.
Asgard's on another dimension, Themyscira is on earth.
I feel there's two different things.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #140
roach
I am the night

I feel that if Themyscira is on Earth..and they almost died because of the World Engine and Superman...it gives them a reason to seek him out.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #141
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I feel that if Themyscira is on Earth..and they almost died because of the World Engine and Superman...it gives them a reason to seek him out.
but some will ask why they didn't help?

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #142
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
but some will ask why they didn't help?
The events starting with Zod's announcement and ending with the Kryptonians being pulled into the PZ again happened in a very short period of time.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #143
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This.

Quote:
Thankfully I'm not reading the new 52, but I loved Wondy and Bats during JL and JLU. It was such an interesting relationship.
Well there is a chance that a Batman and WW pairing may happen in this film..at least imho, i mean even though they were trying to conceal the identity of the character when they had announced that they were looking for another major female character, they didn't need to say that she was going to be a love interest for Batman.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #144
charl_huntress
The Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well there is a chance that a Batman and WW pairing may happen in this film..at least imho, i mean even though they were trying to conceal the identity of the character when they had announced that they were looking for another major female character, they didn't need to say that she was going to be a love interest for Batman.
I was trying to post a picture of Affleck and Gadot together before C. Lee's hotlinking message, so we could compare them as possible love interests for each other. I can't do that now, but I think it's also very possible we will see some this in the movie. I know some are saying that the casting announcement was just to throw the scent off Wondy being in the film, but I don't think it's just that.

Roach...man I want to engage on this Themyscira being on earth debate, but you battled me down yesterday in the "should Wondy fly thread". LOL...I'm pooped.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #145
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
The events starting with Zod's announcement and ending with the Kryptonians being pulled into the PZ again happened in a very short period of time.
Good point.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #146
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I was trying to post a picture of Affleck and Gadot together before C. Lee's hotlinking message, so we could compare them as possible love interests for each other. I can't do that now, but I think it's also very possible we will see some this in the movie. I know some are saying that the casting announcement was just to throw the scent off Wondy being in the film, but I don't think it's just that.

Roach...man I want to engage on this Themyscira being on earth debate, but you battled me down yesterday in the "should Wondy fly thread". LOL...I'm pooped.
Im low on debate energy myself...

Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #147
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Good point.
I think the fast pace of the Black Zero broadcast and attack give enough cover to say that WW and the Amazons were caught off guard, if you even need to reference that. The hidden nature of the island could be a two way street. Maybe the Amazons can't see out from where they are any more than we can see in? I think that they do have to come up with a compelling reason why WW is venturing into the wider world now that Superman has made his presence known. Is she coming because of that? Is she privy to important information that she should share with the rest of the human race? Is her story still that of Trevor crashing on the island and she was busy with that adventure, and is now ready to be seen?

There is leeway however they do it right now, though.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #148
roach
I am the night

well I'd like to think that the Amazonians stay out of our affairs. This is the first time in human history that the planet was threatened.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #149
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I think the fast pace of the Black Zero broadcast and attack give enough cover to say that WW and the Amazons were caught off guard, if you even need to reference that. The hidden nature of the island could be a two way street. Maybe the Amazons can't see out from where they are any more than we can see in? I think that they do have to come up with a compelling reason why WW is venturing into the wider world now that Superman has made his presence known. Is she coming because of that? Is she privy to important information that she should share with the rest of the human race? Is her story still that of Trevor crashing on the island and she was busy with that adventure, and is now ready to be seen?

There is leeway however they do it right now, though.
Interesting questions. I liked the bold part.
I can say also that maybe Terraforming and/or the Phantom drivers that the black zero and WE used to begin the process, sort of affected the "bridge" or the connection between earth and the island that took out the possibility of the amazons to get out and fight.
Is there a possibility that in the MOS events Steve Trevor going to help and attack the Black Zero had the accident due to the WE Terraforming and crashed into Themyscira?

Last edited by John-An; 12-30-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #150
charl_huntress
The Offender

Quote:
Im low on debate energy myself...
Heehe...that was a battle yesterday. It felt like general quarters...lol

Quote:
well I'd like to think that the Amazonians stay out of our affairs. This is the first time in human history that the planet was threatened.
I've been thinking about this a bit more, and I'd still like them to tie in the PZ disturbance with Themyscira. Perhaps the realm could be connected to earth...if that makes sense, but not directly in it per se. That would work for me.

lol...I've had a bit of a change of mine over this because another buddy that I've chatted with for years gave the most awesome debate in favor Zatanna, and without "magic" she would be impossible. So I'm willing to let them run wild with it, but it can't be an anything goes philosophy. It still needs to make movie sense within the world MOS created.

Closed Thread