The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #26
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Par

Wasn't he supposed to have sex with Lana?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Par

Not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but the rumours for this movie just keep getting more and more out there...

Rumour Patrol: Denzel Washington is Green Lantern in Batman vs. Superman

Personally, I don't believe this one for a second. Denzel is too old for the part anyway.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
bluerayer
The Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Denzel is too old for the part anyway.
Yes, i think so too. Otherwise he would be great.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I don't think he's too old for a film or even two as Jon Stewart. However if they want this to be a 7-10 year franchise hmm

Old 12-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #30
roach
I am the night

I don't think he is too old...just that these type of films don't interest him. He turned down Fast 7 and he is gearing up to star and direct in a film that is a passion project for him. I seriously doubt he is going to be GL.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I don't think he is too old...just that these type of films don't interest him. He turned down Fast 7 and he is gearing up to star and direct in a film that is a passion project for him. I seriously doubt he is going to be GL.
Do you doubt that he would be legitimately offered though?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #32
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised.

Honestly, there are only three actors at the moment that I can't see wanting to do any comic book genre films featuring superheroes:

1. Denzel Washington

2. Daniel Day Lewis

3. Leo DiCaprio

Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

None of these rumors coming out now will pan out. Scoopsters even warned us. You'll need to remain patient and wait for official news. It will be an actor no one ever considered.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #34
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

With all of the freeze breath conversation i thought it would be interesting to discuss potentially scientific explanations for each of Superman powers so here's my take on how they could be explained.

So since Freeze Breath is being discussed I'll start with that.

It seems the train of thought most have gone with is larger lung capacity but that would require a larger chest cavity and that also wouldn't cause freeze breath, the breath we breathe is always warm regardless if you purse your lips tightly.
My theory is that his Kryptonian physiology converts nitrogen into liquid nitrogen in his lungs, this would explain why he started rejecting the Kryptonian atmosphere because it was richer in nitrogen & he had already acclimatised to the oxygen rich atmosphere on earth.
Super breath on the other hand would require big lungs or the ability to compress air. This could be achieved again by his Kryptonian physiology and would explain how he can convert nitrogen to liquid nitrogen.

http://www.pa.msu.edu/sciencet/ask_st/092894.html

Next we have the eye based superpowers. X-ray vision & laser vision could both come from the same scientific explanation.

We already emit waves from our eyes. If you do a search for “human ocular extramission” it explains how we emit measurable electromagnetic waves from our eyes.
It could be explained that he is able to emit higher concentration electromagnetic waves some in the x-ray spectrum, some in the red laser spectrum.
Our eyes actually take in more than what we perceive, it's the left hemisphere of our brain that deciphers our conscious reality. Here's a great video that's worth watching regardless of the subject discussed, where a neuroscientist has a stroke and the whole left hemisphere shut down and she perceived the world purely through her right hemisphere. The visions she describes is very similar to what Zod experienced in MOS.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Flight & Strength can both be explained by his Kryptonian physiology again.
Because the earth - sun gravitational strength is much weaker than on Krypton this would make his body density much greater so that he is able to withstand the crushing weight of his home planet. Muscle atrophy would be a huge problem for him and why he would need to workout using unbelievable weights.
Flight could be explained by the weaker gravitational force on earth or something in Kryptonian physiology which has evolved to manipulate gravity due to the crushing effect it would have on Krypton.

So that's my theories on real world explanations of his powers & yes I know it's a fictional character and that suspension of belief is part of that territory but I just thought it would be a fun discussion.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
a few weeks ago we were told that WB would put out a lot of misinformation on this film to weed out moles.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #36
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Wasn't he supposed to have sex with Lana?
clark or gus?

i know they're trying to capitalize on the star power, but zel seems too big. especially for a 2nd banana character like gl. if hes in the running for anything, its probably lex, brainiac, or metallo, buy i highly doubt he'd do it.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #37
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
clark or gus?

i know they're trying to capitalize on the star power, but zel seems too big. especially for a 2nd banana character like gl. if hes in the running for anything, its probably lex, brainiac, or metallo, buy i highly doubt he'd do it.
I was thinking of Clark, S-Z...lol, but I did google it.

As for Washington, I actually think if he were offered the role of Lex Luthor he would take it. I'm not so sure about GL. Like I said before, he has never struck me as an action type actor. That's not to say he doesn't take those roles or hasn't been good in them before. I just don't see him as that type of actor.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #38
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

bale could be considered an action type actor, but almost all of his films are dramas with excessive action. similar to zel.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #39
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

It baffles me how he did that crapfest called Terminator Salvation.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #40
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
he needed to get his anger out on that light guy. and it wasn't that bad. i wish they went with the original idea where john dies, and they put john's skin on marcus. so the future john connor we know from the cameron movies was in fact a terminator himself...

Old 12-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #41
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
No one sets out to make a crappy movie.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #42
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
tell that to uwe boll.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
TeeKay
Side-Kick

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #44
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I don't undersstand why Swanswick didn't just say "In English?" as a response to which Hamilton could relay "A blackhole would be created..." MEH

Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #45
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
he needed to get his anger out on that light guy. and it wasn't that bad. i wish they went with the original idea where john dies, and they put john's skin on marcus. so the future john connor we know from the cameron movies was in fact a terminator himself...
Meh, I thought it was bad. So much potential too. It's obvious though why he wanted to do it after doing TDK. To work with McG, duh.
Quote:
I guess.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #46
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I mean, he must have had mushroom flashbacks to Lucious Fox and Bruce Wayne conversations when writing that.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #47
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

actually I believe the General and Colonel Hardy were part of the science division of the Armed Forces. The Colonel was in charge of the investigation of the anomaly in the ice and it seemed that Hardy reported to the General. The general and colonel may have science degrees.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #48
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Batman & Robin seems suspicious. They had to know how bad it would be.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #49
charl_huntress

Quote:
bale could be considered an action type actor, but almost all of his films are dramas with excessive action. similar to zel.
It's funny because I watched him in a film called Equilibrium where he did a lot of action stuff, but I still wouldn't consider him an action type star. I think for me an action star is someone who does more action than drama.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #50
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
actually I believe the General and Colonel Hardy were part of the science division of the Armed Forces. The Colonel was in charge of the investigation of the anomaly in the ice and it seemed that Hardy reported to the General. The general and colonel may have science degrees.
If he had displayed scientific knowledge of some kind before that scene it would have worked better.