The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #101
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Then he's an ass.
They could have Swanwick meet with a terrible fate and MM takes on his identity.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #102
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
well, MM can be a bit of a turd sometimes, he's also prone to occasionally bizarre decision-making.
He does drink and drive a lot. And he's been known to engage in unprotected sex often.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #103
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

MM has exceptionally high reasoning and logical skills, which adds to his detective expertise, and also grants him highly competent diplomatic skills.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #104
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
MM has exceptionally high reasoning and logical skills, which adds to his detective expertise, and also grants him highly competent diplomatic skills.
yeah, but his Martian brain gets screwed with all the time.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #105
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
They could have Swanwick meet with a terrible fate and MM takes on his identity.
He shows up in alien form upon the arrival of Brainiac and comes across this dying General. He says, "I'm sorry, I can't save you. But there is still a way you can serve your people." Then he morphs into his form after holding his hand, while he's dying.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #106
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, but his Martian brain gets screwed with all the time.
Syphilis. Again... From all the unprotected sex.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 AM   #107
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Eh. That's actually better than most, but I still don't think it quite holds up. He wouldn't be abandoning them to go and have a snack; he would be helping Superman save the world from Zod in a way that only he could. His direct intervention could have saved countless lives. You could argue that holding back and just letting that stuff happen is the bigger dick move.
That's true, but on that thread(http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=467203) posters gave explanations such as possible Amnesia etc.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends
Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #108
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Out of curiosity, was anyone here slightly or at all disappointed that we never got a chance to see Clark fight with the other kryptonians that came with Zod in MOS?

I remember on how one of topics that was discussed among us was how many soldiers Zod would have at his disposal, let alone on how Superman could possibly take them all on at the same time.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #109
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Out of curiosity, was anyone here slightly or at all disappointed that we never got a chance to see Clark fight with the other kryptonians that came with Zod in MOS?

I remember on how one of topics that was discussed among us was how many soldiers Zod would have at his disposal, let alone on how Superman could possibly take them all on at the same time.
I dunno man, people had a hard time with just 3 kryptonians destroying the world...imagine if Zack n co dropped another 6 lol.

Oh and while we are on that, does Jor-el kill any of the Kryptonians on black zero when he's shutting doors n all that good stuff?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #110
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Yeah, I kinda wanted to see him take on a whole bunch at once. But realistically, he would have gotten killed. He doesn't have the skills just yet. But it still would have been cool, especially visually.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #111
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yeah, I kinda wanted to see him take on a whole bunch at once. But realistically, he would have gotten killed. He doesn't have the skills just yet. But it still would have been cool, especially visually.
I would like the idea if for some odd reason the rest of the kryptonians weren't as strong perhaps?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #112
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Perhaps. I have always wanted to see Supes fight a mob of something. Although, I'd prefer they be robots so he could just pulverize them without killing.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #113
matt47
Side-Kick

Exactly! I want robots. Maybe if this Bat drones rumour are true...?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #114
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Plus they have been around for at least 2 decades. We need younger black actors in Hollywood. I'm not saying the older ones need to bow out but we need some younger ones to pick up where they left off, Will, Denzel, Morgan etc can't play all the roles forever.
There are a number of good black male actors under 40 such as Chiwetel Ejiofor, Anthony Mackie, David Oyelowo, Derek Luke, Noel Clarke, Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Omar Sy, John Boyega, Columbus Short, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Nonso Anozie and Michael Ealy.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #115
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Exactly! I want robots. Maybe if this Bat drones rumour are true...?
Depends how badass they are. I'd like Supes to take on something that was somewhat strong and an actual threat to humanity. And I'd like there to be lots of them. I always thought they could be built by brainiac or something. But that's probably just my love of superman action talking. It'll probably never happen.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #116
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Oh and while we are on that, does Jor-el kill any of the Kryptonians on black zero when he's shutting doors n all that good stuff?
I don't think so. I think he just slams the door in front of them.

I'm still confused as to whether Lois actually kills the kryptonians that she shot at or if they were just simply stunned since the atmosphere was adjusted back to Earth's one aboard their ship, thus theoretically, they should have all had their powers as well...unless of course they would need the addition of being exposed to the Yellow Sunlight on Earth.

Quote:
Quote:
I would like the idea if for some odd reason the rest of the kryptonians weren't as strong perhaps?
Quote:
Perhaps. I have always wanted to see Supes fight a mob of something. Although, I'd prefer they be robots so he could just pulverize them without killing.
For awhile, some of us thought that Zod did have a "robot army" with him in MOS and that Nam-ek (the big dude in Smallville) was actually a robot back when pictures of him hit the nit when the actor for that role was spotted wearing a mo-cap suit.

Plus, it didn't help quell down the rumors when we got these pictures:

Also, like some have said...yeah I would think that Superman would actually have some advantage over Zod's crew due to the fact that he's been exposed to the sun a lot longer and has full mastery over his powers and doesn't need a helmet to shield him from being overexposed.. However, time is not on his side. If he had given Zod and his army enough time to get fully adjusted to his powers..then yeah, he'd be screwed then.lol

Old 12-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #117
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I liked how the Kryptonians didn't really want to get the powers etc they were afraid to come out of their ship. Zod only reluctantly took control of his earthly given powers cause he felt he had too in order to gain an advantage.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #118
MrsKent26
Whatever.

@ Herolee

humans would be screwed. Think of the damage, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #119
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I liked how the Kryptonians didn't really want to get the powers etc they were afraid to come out of their ship. Zod only reluctantly took control of his earthly given powers cause he felt he had too in order to gain an advantage.
Agreed; which was a big contrast to the kryptonians from Donner's/Lester's film where they loved discovering and using their powers in any way that they chose.

Personally, the only reason why i wanted to see Superman take on some of the other kryptonians in some way was that him just taking on three of them, Zod/Faora/Non-like character, felt a bit too reminiscent of Superman 2. Heck, I'm probably the only one that actually enjoyed seeing Superman interact with Jax-ur on the ship in that small segment.lol

Quote:
@ Herolee

humans would be screwed. Think of the damage, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #120
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ There would also be the complaining to go with it, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #121
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
^ There would also be the complaining to go with it, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #122
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; which was a big contrast to the kryptonians from Donner's/Lester's film where they loved discovering and using their powers in any way that they chose.

Personally, the only reason why i wanted to see Superman take on some of the other kryptonians in some way was that him just taking on three of them, Zod/Faora/Non-like character, felt a bit too reminiscent of Superman 2. Heck, I'm probably the only one that actually enjoyed seeing Superman interact with Jax-ur on the ship in that small segment.lol
Nope I loved it too, especially when he got his powers back, Jax Ur bricks it and Superman just looks at him like he doesn't have time for this

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #123
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think two of the many things that I really enjoyed about MOS were the character dynamics that were present in the film and the scenes that didn't have all hell breaking loose and didn't require a huge amount of CGI....the cinematography for those shots were particularly beautiful.

I hope for MORE of those two things in the next film. In my honest opinion, Snyder shouldn't focus so uch on making the action bigger but making things more personal for the character, especially if Lex is the main vilig scale action sequeneen so much about creating big scale action sequences imho but making things personal and hitting where it really hurts to Superman.

Heck, I'm also hoping that the likes of Batman and Wonder Woman, along with any other hero that might pop up in some form, are actually after Superman or distrust him at first so that we can get one grand arc for Superman in showing on how he won over all of their trusts and respect.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #124
matt47
Side-Kick

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/Pictures/Man%20of%20Steel/vlcsnap-2013-12-29-21h18m32s92.png[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #125
matt47
Side-Kick

Some of my favourite shots

Closed Thread