The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #226
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Ryan Gosling was talking to WB about playing Batman, but wouldn't sign on as he didn't like the idea of sequels.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #227
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Get Aaron Paul as the Flash and this man as either Martian Manhunter or Mr. Freeze

Giancarlo Esposito

Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #228
georgec
Not a hero

I just want to hear GL Rock call someone a roody poo jabroni.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #229
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
The good news is that those same people have said that despite the new additions, this is still very much Man of Steel 2.
I just like the sound of that and really hope it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I just want to hear GL Rock call someone a roody poo jabroni.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #230
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Get Aaron Paul as the Flash and this man as either Martian Manhunter or Mr. Freeze

Giancarlo Esposito
**** yes!!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #231
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice
Additionally, from the standpoint of story-telling, it's contrived. Since it stands to reason that Zod isn't going to take Superman's words into account, it would simply be unnecessary and wasted screen-time on something that could've benefitted.
I started writing out responses to your points piece by piece, but then I saw this and I understood that we're not going to see eye to eye on this anyway. I also think you're a little confused about the nature of the points I'm making; perhaps you didn't read all of my posts (not intended as a snipe; I don't expect people to comb backwards through the thread to do so). Simply put, mainly what I'm concerned with is the characterization of Superman and his actions in this film.

Now, regarding this statement: if you feel it is contrived for Superman to make an appeal for peace, clearly we have a fundamental disagreement about who this character is, and I don't expect that to be resolved.

Furthermore, if you feel it is not worth the time it would take to include for a few lines of dialogue that improve Superman's characterization and create superior context (and thus superior weight) to what should be one of the most important choices he makes in the film, then we also have a fundamental disagreement about what was important in this film, and again, I don't expect that to be resolved.

Certainly, I think the filmmakers can spare a couple lines of dialogue--and if for some inconceivable reason it meant cutting out ten seconds somewhere else, then I will happily sacrifice a shot or two of Superman smashing through Smallville or downtown Metropolis.

Anyways, I can't argue with you for having different requirements for a Superman movie than I do, if you follow me. So I'll probably leave it there.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.

Last edited by Saint; 01-03-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #232
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I like Paul but I want Gustin Flash or I'm upset. WB is silly if they don't make the TV and Cinematic universes one and the same in my opinion.

...Plus let Marvel have Paul

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #233
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

i think irrfan khan as MM would be cool. especially since he doesn't appear to be involved in TASM 2.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #234
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I like Paul but I want Gustin Flash or I'm upset. WB is silly if they don't make the TV and Cinematic universes one and the same in my opinion.

I go back on forth on this. I'll have to see the Flash series before I make up my mind

Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #235
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so.......ummmmm......if all these other heroes exist, where the hell were they when Zod and co threatened to destroy Earth??

you mean they all played chicken **** until Superman shows up in costume, which just "inspires" them to make themselves known?

If Aquaman exists in this world, wouldn't he have been concerned that the World Engine would have destroyed the planet's oceans?

Since we know the Amazons exist, wouldn't they have been concerned about Earth's destruction?

What about the GL Corp?? They stood by and did nothing??

It seems kind of weird how there were very little references to other heroes in MOS or a "larger universe", aside from the Wayne satellite, and now all of a sudden they're popping up left and right.

or so it seems based on all the rumors about who's going to be in this thing.

that's something they're going to have to really explain in this film.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #236
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Idris Elba as Martian Manhunter - drool

Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #237
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post

I think it's better to have the universes separate. That way the TV universe can do what they want without waiting for or being denied a character because he or she is going to be in the Flash movie or sequel or Justice League.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #238
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so.......ummmmm......if all these other heroes exist, where the hell were they when Zod and co threatened to destroy Earth??

you mean they all played chicken **** until Superman shows up in costume, which just "inspires" them to make themselves known?

If Aquaman exists in this world, wouldn't he have been concerned that the World Engine would have destroyed the planet's oceans?

Since we know the Amazons exist, wouldn't they have been concerned about Earth's destruction?

It seems kind of weird how there were very little references to other heroes in MOS or a "larger universe", aside from the Wayne satellite, and now all of a sudden they're popping up left and right.

I have to admit, they definitely have their work cut out there, but I'm sure they have already written their way out of it.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #239
roach
I am the night

Quote:

I believe they said that while these guys and gals exist they aren't public superheroes. Barry may be dealing with his powers and helping on a small scale. The amazon's may have a rule about staying out of the world's affairs and the whole WE Earth terraforming thing didn't take up much time. GL could have been off planet.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #240
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

paul can always be nightwing.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #241
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Well, we all have to remember that this big attack on Earth involving the World Engine took place within a span of a few hours, maybe nearly a day's worth.

I doubt that there's anything Batman could have come up with to counterattack against Zod and his crew within that allotted time due to the limited info that there was surrounding the Kryptonians and their technology.

And I doubt that the Guardians could have responded in time to send a Green Lantern to Earth as well. I mean I may be wrong about this, but isn't Earth like one of the planets that they pay less attention to due to Earth being considered as a "infant planet" when compared to other systems?

It's also possible that Wonder Woman was still on Paradise Island and was witnessing the events unfold and I doubt that there's anything she could have done to stop it. Some have theorized that the Amazons have remained in seclusion for centuries and it's only because of Zod's attack on Earth that Wonder Woman is forced to leave in order to investigate things.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #242
kendalag
Side-Kick

The whole 'where were they' thing is a realistic question, but one we apparently don't care about considering how things work post Avengers ... I mean, Tony doesn't help out when Malekith is endangering the world ... either does Captain America ... or the Hulk ... they don't show up when Tony is in danger due to attacks by Killian ... and I'm sure the others won't show up in Cap 2 as well. The Thor 2 situation especially is questionable due to the more cosmic danger.

Logically you can't explain why these heroes would not show up after having already done so ... but we just go along with it.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #243
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
paul can always be nightwing.
I'd be down as hell for this too.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #244
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:

The bolded made me laugh.

This is why I prefer Themyscira being another dimension and the PZ disturbing their peace. It removes them from the events, but connects them so you don't wonder why they didn't help out. As for the GL, he could be summoned back to earth. I think it might be somewhat easy to explain why he wasn't there. He could have been off planet and got back after it was over. Cyborg wasn't built yet. I think you could possibly get away with Aquaman having to deal with fallout from the actual WE attack... His lack of involvement might be harder to explain, but it can be done IMO.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #245
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Paul as Nightwing would be amazing.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #246
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I believe they said that while these guys and gals exist they aren't public superheroes. Barry may be dealing with his powers and helping on a small scale. The amazon's may have a rule about staying out of the world's affairs and the whole WE Earth terraforming thing didn't take up much time. GL could have been off planet.
so it's like this whole "secret world" of "meta humans" has been existing and the world doesn't know about it??

if they wanted to do that route, they should have dropped more "clues" in MOS.

like, in the DP, have various newspaper articles/headlines on the desks and walls mentioning various "phenoma" or strange occurences around the country/world.

say........rumors of a "giant bat" stalking the streets of Gotham.

a "speedster" who helps people out but is gone in a "flash."

an explorer/adventurer making another attempt to discover a mysterious island.

reports of sea creature acting erratically, as if they were being "controlled" by someone or something.

little clues they could have sprinkled throughout MOS, if they wanted to imply a "larger universe."

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #247
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
The whole 'where were they' thing is a realistic question, but one we apparently don't care about considering how things work post Avengers ... I mean, Tony doesn't help out when Malekith is endangering the world ... either does Captain America ... or the Hulk ... they don't show up when Tony is in danger due to attacks by Killian ... and I'm sure the others won't show up in Cap 2 as well. The Thor 2 situation especially is questionable due to the more cosmic danger.

Logically you can't explain why these heroes would not show up after having already done so ... but we just go along with it.
Well....

1. At the end of "Iron Man 3", Tony pretty much goes on a sabbatical, after having destroyed all of his suits so I doubt that he could have responded quickly to help Thor when Malekith was on Earth for presumably maybe a few hours.

2. It's more likely possible that Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were all on missions of their own during the time that Tony was attacked by the "Mandarin" or even when Malekith attacked. Plus, he was presumed dead afterwards...or MIA at best, so there's little that Banner could have done if he couldn't find where he was. And Thor was busy fighting off his own battles across the nine realms then.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #248
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post

Logically you can't explain why these heroes would not show up once before ... but we just go along with it.
Like I posted before Barry is helping on a minor level. Perhaps he sees the news and makes his own suit.

However this is a point that I think the phase 2 Marvel movies failed at. In IM3 the president was threatened. That by it's self should have scrambled Shield and/or Cap. The one of the Avengers was attacked..again this should have spurned someone to action.
In Thor 2 when they were trying to figure out where Malekith was going to strike they could have put a call into Shield to scramble the Avengers....seriously the universe was about to end...if you don't get the team together for that then what does?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #249
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Like I posted before Barry is helping on a minor level. Perhaps he sees the news and makes his own suit.
That..or it's even very possible that Barry Allen hasn't even received his powers as of yet.

Quote:
In Thor 2 when they were trying to figure out where Malekith was going to strike they could have put a call into Shield to scramble the Avengers....seriously the universe was about to end...if you don't get the team together for that then what does?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #250
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I go back on forth on this. I'll have to see the Flash series before I make up my mind
Yeah I agree, I just think its a little silly to have this Flash show starting and then having a entire different Flash in a film at the same time. Not that it wouldn't work or anything if that's the case though. I enjoyed Gustin on his Arrow appearances and hope the show can work just as well as Arrow has been. I for one wouldn't mind seeing Amell (sp) and Gustin on the bigscreen, but that's just me haha.

Quote:
I think it's better to have the universes separate. That way the TV universe can do what they want without waiting for or being denied a character because he or she is going to be in the Flash movie or sequel or Justice League.
Yeah that's true. Somewhat similar to what AoS deals with since anything or anyone introduced there is now the definitive MCU version. It's just odd they would do a Flash TV show and a Flash film so close together. Why not have Barry and Oliver help on the big screen an then go back to dealing with their own lives in their respective shows? I'm sure the people smarter than me could make it work well, and them being in a blockbuster film would really help the shows gain viewership and then we get more fun name drops too!

But I'll support whatever they do going forward as long as they keep on keeping me interested and happy lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Closed Thread