The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #251
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so it's like this whole "secret world" of "meta humans" has been existing and the world doesn't know about it??

Yes

if they wanted to do that route, they should have dropped more "clues" in MOS.

like, in the DP, have various newspaper articles/headlines on the desks and walls mentioning various "phenoma" or strange occurences around the country/world.

Not really. I don't think a big newspaper would publish an article like that...which is why Perry didn't want to publish the alien story Lois was writing.

say........rumors of a "giant bat" stalking the streets of Gotham.

a "speedster" who helps people out but is gone in a "flash."

an explorer/adventurer making another attempt to discover a mysterious island.

reports of sea creature acting erratically, as if they were being "controlled" by someone or something.

little clues they could have sprinkled throughout MOS, if they wanted to imply a "larger universe."
I think all of that would have been on the nose...and would not have made sense if Perry was reluctant to publish a story about aliens if they were running stories about giant bats and speedsters.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #252
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'd be down as hell for this too.
2mins on ms paint.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 PM   #253
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Like I posted before Barry is helping on a minor level. Perhaps he sees the news and makes his own suit.

However this is a point that I think the phase 2 Marvel movies failed at. In IM3 the president was threatened. That by it's self should have scrambled Shield and/or Cap. The one of the Avengers was attacked..again this should have spurned someone to action.
In Thor 2 when they were trying to figure out where Malekith was going to strike they could have put a call into Shield to scramble the Avengers....seriously the universe was about to end...if you don't get the team together for that then what does?
and hopefully that's a mistake DC/WB can avoid.

and maybe that's what they're going for here. to have these heroes on screen together and not just in the "ensemble" film (Justice League).

maybe that will be a trend going forward if we get more solo films. Like in a WW solo film, Batman and Superman can show up. Or Flash or Aquaman, etc.

so instead of waiting for just the big ensemble JL films to get all the heroes together, they create a series of interconnected films where these heroes become supporting cast members in each other's films.

who knows........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #254
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Lol at the shwarma pic Herolee! I want to get that like framed, it's so silly.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #255
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Yeah I agree, I just think its a little silly to have this Flash show starting and then having a entire different Flash in a film at the same time. Not that it wouldn't work or anything if that's the case though. I enjoyed Gustin on his Arrow appearances and hope the show can work just as well as Arrow has been. I for one wouldn't mind seeing Amell (sp) and Gustin on the bigscreen, but that's just me haha.

Yeah that's true. Somewhat similar to what AoS deals with since anything or anyone introduced there is now the definitive MCU version. It's just odd they would do a Flash TV show and a Flash film so close together. Why not have Barry and Oliver help on the big screen an then go back to dealing with their own lives in their respective shows? I'm sure the people smarter than me could make it work well, and them being in a blockbuster film would really help the shows gain viewership and then we get more fun name drops too!

But I'll support whatever they do going forward as long as they keep on keeping me interested and happy lol.
I just can't see WB wanting Arrow's Deathstroke to be the definitive cinematic version if he uses the same suit that Billy Wintergreen was wearing. That suit looks cheap.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #256
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
I think all of that would have been on the nose...and would not have made sense if Perry was reluctant to publish a story about aliens if they were running stories about giant bats and speedsters.
ok, well maybe not in the DP newspapers themselves, but those stories could certainly have been in the chatter/gossip amongst DP staff. you could hear two guys talking about a "bat" in Gotham.

or I'm sure the gossip/tabloid papers would run those kinds of stories. like the guy Lois met at the bar to give her story to.

when she offered him her alien story, he could have replied if it was going to turn out like her one story about that mysterious "floating island."

hey....it would have shown that Lois is into this kind of stuff........lol.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #257
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
2mins on ms paint.

This actually gives a decent idea of how he'd look. But he'd need to either dye his hair or keep it really short

When he has it really short, he looks like Arkham City Robin

Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #258
roach
I am the night

I love Arrow but if I think putting an archer on the team would draw comparisons to the Avengers...plus I would hate for the big JL threat to be watered down so a guy with a bow would be useful...like they did in Avengers.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan

Last edited by roach; 01-03-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #259
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
I love Arrow but if I think putting an archer on the team would draw comparisons to the Avengers...plus I would have for the big JL threat to be watered down so a guy with a bow would be useful...like they did in Avengers.
I like GA. And I like him being on the team sometimes, but the core should be the big seven. Maybe they could call in Green Arrow for some huge battle the JL thinks they have no chance of winning, call him in when things get too crazy. But otherwise, he's out of place. We already have an infinitely cooler billionaire human with gadgets. Plus, the Avengers comparisons would definitely be made. The JL doesn't need an archer, there is so much power on the team already, GA would seem useless.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #260
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I like GA. And I like him being on the team sometimes, but the core should be the big seven. Maybe they could call in Green Arrow for some huge battle the JL thinks they have no chance of winning, call him in when things get too crazy. But otherwise, he's out of place. We already have an infinitely cooler billionaire human with gadgets. Plus, the Avengers comparisons would definitely be made. The JL doesn't need an archer, there is so much power on the team already, GA would seem useless.
I can't image that he is the guy they call for back up....Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL, Flash....and they guy they call for help is a guy with a bow and arrow.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:17 AM   #261
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
I can't image that he is the guy they call for back up....Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL, Flash....and they guy they call for help is a guy with a bow and arrow.
You missed the point. I was saying, that JL would have to be pretty desperate to call him. Desperate to the point where they need all the help they can get. So they just hit up every superhero they know of to help join in the fight.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #262
roach
I am the night

Quote:
You missed the point. I was saying, that JL would have to be pretty desperate to call him. Desperate to the point where they need all the help they can get. So they just hit up every superhero they know of to help join in the fight.
I guess.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #263
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
I just can't see WB wanting Arrow's Deathstroke to be the definitive cinematic version if he uses the same suit that Billy Wintergreen was wearing. That suit looks cheap.
Yeah but costumes can always be upgraded/changed. And I personally wouldn't mind seeing Bennett continue the character in further roles outside of Arrow. He's a pretty solid actor, and I'd assume he'd be we'll recepted by a male audience at least since he was in Spartacus.

I'm just sitting and waiting patiently until we get the film or actual confirmation of all these characters and what not from the studios. But the speculation sure is fun!

It's a great time to be a comic movie fan in all studios, that's for sure! The future looks amazing for Marvel and DC is well on its way, just a year or two late to the game lol! Can't wait.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #264
Rorschach2012
$

I don't think GA has a place on the team in a live action JL movie. Really it should just be the big seven. No Cyborg. No Green Arrow. The big seven with John Stewart instead of Hal.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #265
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I don't think GA has a place on the team in a live action JL movie. Really it should just be the big seven. No Cyborg. No Green Arrow. The big seven with John Stewart instead of Hal.
agreed

Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #266
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
I'm good with that, and members can always be rotates in and out in future films as well. I wanna see the space station thing like in the cartoons!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #267
Marvin
Side-Kick

GL sent back to earth from other side of universe post zod

Flash, no powers yet

Wondy, forbidden to interfere with mans affairs and home island is protected by enchantments.(Gal is going to do that rebel thing to to make her trek)...all motivated post zod

Batman, out of his realm...till now

Cyborg, non existent

Aquaman, a joke on hbo and late night.

Martian Manhunter...Lennox lol.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #268
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Doesn't mean he can't be a part of the world.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #269
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

I thought there was an understanding that the events of Zod's attack and Superman's presence being made known to the world is what will bring all of these other superheroes out into the public eye. There have been several different posts explaining why each individual may not have been able to assist. Plus the actual attack was over a short period of time in only two places. It wasn't like it was an extremely large spanned attack. I don't think it will be much of an issue or hard to explain. Also, I'm really hoping each "solo" spinoff includes at least one other member of the JL as a team up. That would be the best way to do it and separate DC from Marvel's style.

Also Green Arrow could definitely still be apart of this universe and also be helpful in a Justice League film depending on the villain. I think it would be pretty cool to see GA and Batman team up at some point too.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #270
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ALL_DAY View Post
I thought there was an understanding that the events of Zod's attack and Superman's presence being made known to the world is what will bring all of these other superheroes out into the public eye. There have been several different posts explaining why each individual may not have been able to assist. Plus the actual attack was over a short period of time in only two places. It wasn't like it was an extremely large spanned attack. I don't think it will be much of an issue or hard to explain. Also, I'm really hoping each "solo" spinoff includes at least one other member of the JL as a team up. That would be the best way to do it and separate DC from Marvel's style.
I think Rowsdower! suggested that Batman have a somewhat small supporting role in the true MOS sequel sometime after JL, which I like. Like you said, it'll kinda help separate DC from the Marvel formula.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #271
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Imagining The Rock saying the GL oath in all seriousness is getting me excited...I'd prefer Reynolds/Hal but The Rock would definitely make John Stewart watchable.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #272
Rorschach2012
$

Idris Elba has a lot of fans around these forums, but when you take a look at the whole world, he's pretty unknown compared to the Dwayne Johnson. Johnson has been relevant for 10+ years, Elba is just starting to make a name for himself. I think getting Johnson for GL would be a better financial move than getting Elba for GL.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #273
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Hmm... I wonder if these mid west snow events will make their way into the film in some way? I mean, Detroit has to be a rather snowy/frozen looking place now, and most likely into filming. Could add some kind of ambience in the cinematography.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #274
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
This actually gives a decent idea of how he'd look. But he'd need to either dye his hair or keep it really short

When he has it really short, he looks like Arkham City Robin

totally...

Old 01-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #275
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Hmm... I wonder if these mid west snow events will make their way into the film in some way? I mean, Detroit has to be a rather snowy/frozen looking place now, and most likely into filming. Could add some kind of ambience in the cinematography.
I would LOVE that and it seems like a visual something Snyder would do again. I miss how sometimes CBMs don't add in the weather and elements...aside from rain of course.

IMO, this is one thing Snyder at least got right by adding the tornado in MOS. It was a cool visual...though it gets a lot of hate for obvious reasons.

Closed Thread