The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #276
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I would LOVE that and it seems like a visual something Snyder would do again. I miss how sometimes CBMs don't add in the weather and elements...aside from rain of course.

IMO, this is one thing Snyder at least got right by adding the tornado in MOS. It was a cool visual...though it gets a lot of hate for obvious reasons.
Including weather seems like keeping with the textured feel of MOS to me, yes. And you never know what inspires a director. Snyder said on the extras disc of the MOS Blu ray that the shots of young Clark and the Kents, where he has the towel/cape on were not planned. They were a happy accident. Scripts, plots, character arcs, all important no doubt. But we fans give short shrift many times to all the little "happy accidents" of a production and how much they can affect the film.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #277
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Including weather seems like keeping with the textured feel of MOS to me, yes. And you never know what inspires a director. Snyder said on the extras disc of the MOS Blu ray that the shots of young Clark and the Kents, where he has the towel/cape on were not planned. They were a happy accident. Scripts, plots, character arcs, all important no doubt. But we fans give short shrift many times to all the little "happy accidents" of a production and how much they can affect the film.
To busy complaining...lol. I would love to see some Gotham snow shots. Is that something that happens in Batman comics?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #278
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This actually gives a decent idea of how he'd look. But he'd need to either dye his hair or keep it really short

When he has it really short, he looks like Arkham City Robin

Or kinda like this guy...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #279
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
To busy complaining...lol. I would love to see some Gotham snow shots. Is that something that happens in Batman comics?
Well, Denny O. always said that in essence Gotham City was like walking in Manhattan at 2:00am or so below Union Square on the coldest night by yourself and then suddenly... You hear footsteps behind you!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #280
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Could be then.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #281
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Or kinda like this guy...

I'm one of few who still love his performance and that movie.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #282
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I only loved it for the giant cod piece.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #283
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I liked him enough and was actually excited to see him as Nightwing (I thought was what was going to happen in the sequel that never happened).

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #284
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I only loved for the giant cod piece.
Women... All the same. Is that all we are to you? Pieces of meat? Pieces of Coddy Good meat?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #285
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Please if the shower head could mow the lawn and kill spiders, we wouldn't need your kind.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 AM   #286
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Please if the shower head could mow the lawn and kill spiders, we wouldn't need your kind.
Welp... The ad campaign for the Wonder Woman solo film has it's tagline.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:12 AM   #287
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Shut thy mouth and mow the lawn.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #288
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Shut thy mouth and mow the lawn.
Shut thy mouth and mow the lawn, boy!

WONDER WOMAN

MOTHER'S DAY 2016!

Old 01-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #289
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
This may be the single greatest post I've ever seen in any thread in my time here.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 01-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #290
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Don't you dare mock the ALMIGHTY UTERUS!ALMIGHTY UTERUS!

Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #291
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Me too. Batman Forever isn't that bad.

The biggest problem for me is Two-Face. If he had been a little more serious, it would've helped a lot.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #292
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Batman Forever is fine, I never got the outright hate for it. Infact over time I've found it a lot more watchable than Batman Returns, which just gets worse the more I see it.

Two-Face is definitely one of the flaws of Forever, but you can blame the director and script for that. Tommy Lee said he never thought to play it straight cause they wanted another villain who was Joker-esque. For me though the film only really falls apart with the introduction of the Box, I think had they kept the film abit more grounded like it was initially then it would have been looked back on more fondly. For me though I enjoy it like I do Superman III its flawed but still has enough great moments to enjoy.

Also forgot to add Forever's opening sequence where Batman takes out Two-Face's goons is still one of my favourite CBM openings ever, maybe even top 5.

On Kilmers suit also I still say take the nipples off the first suit he wears and you have the best Batman movie costume.

Last edited by BH/HHH; 01-03-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #293
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

To an extent, I actually quite enjoy Batman Forever and the soundtrack is a perfect time capsule.

*Runs and hides*

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #294
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Eh, well, I have to say I'm one of the ones that hates Batman Forever with a passion. The only one of the first four Batman movies that I like is Batman '89. The others... Batman Returns just went too far off the rails for me with Catwoman being a superpowered wraith, the Penguin commandos, and everyone in Gotham acting like complete morons.

Batman Forever, I just found so campy. The sets looked fake, the costumes looked cheap, Tommy Lee Jones gave a performance so bad that they will right legends about it someday, and then you had that stupid brainwave manipulation crap. I mean, really? That's the best thing they could come up with? Oh, and of course the nipples. Just... why?

And Batman & Robin pretty much speaks for itself. You could argue that B&R was the best thing to happen to Batman Forever because it was so terrible that it made people forget just how bad Batman Forever was.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #295
Loki882
Side-Kick

Forever was better than the Burton movies, at least to me.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #296
StarLord
It's Horchata, man.

You leave Batman Forever alone!

Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #297
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

To each his own. I'm just curious though, why do you think that?

The first Burton movie, I thought, would have been a damn near perfect film, if they simply had 1. more Batman/Bruce than the Joker and 2. better fight choreography.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #298
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

89 Might be the best for me, but I enjoy Forever the most. It's so weird. Maybe because it was the Batman movie of my childhood so therefor I wasn't the brightest kid.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #299
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

One thing Batman Forever does better than the Dark Knight is Batmans roof window entrance during the Edward Nygma party.

Would've loved to see him make such an entrance during the Harvey Dent fundraiser in TDK. A bit more of the fantastical and unnecessary breaking of glass.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #300
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Nicole Kidman was fiiine too.