The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #301
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Meh, Elle Macpherson>>>Nicole Kidman.

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #302
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Eh, well, I have to say I'm one of the ones that hates Batman Forever with a passion. The only one of the first four Batman movies that I like is Batman '89. The others... Batman Returns just went too far off the rails for me with Catwoman being a superpowered wraith, the Penguin commandos, and everyone in Gotham acting like complete morons.

Batman Forever, I just found so campy. The sets looked fake, the costumes looked cheap, Tommy Lee Jones gave a performance so bad that they will right legends about it someday, and then you had that stupid brainwave manipulation crap. I mean, really? That's the best thing they could come up with? Oh, and of course the nipples. Just... why?

And Batman & Robin pretty much speaks for itself. You could argue that B&R was the best thing to happen to Batman Forever because it was so terrible that it made people forget just how bad Batman Forever was.
The costumes looked far from cheap. You want cheap, check out the B89 costume. Particularly the "armpit" shot XD

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #303
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Or kinda like this guy...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
i actually thought he looked pretty cool when out of that costume in those movies.

the bike helmet the shades, the leather jacket... cool.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #304
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Batman Forever is fine, I never got the outright hate for it. Infact over time I've found it a lot more watchable than Batman Returns, which just gets worse the more I see it.

Two-Face is definitely one of the flaws of Forever, but you can blame the director and script for that. Tommy Lee said he never thought to play it straight cause they wanted another villain who was Joker-esque. For me though the film only really falls apart with the introduction of the Box, I think had they kept the film abit more grounded like it was initially then it would have been looked back on more fondly. For me though I enjoy it like I do Superman III its flawed but still has enough great moments to enjoy.

Also forgot to add Forever's opening sequence where Batman takes out Two-Face's goons is still one of my favourite CBM openings ever, maybe even top 5.

On Kilmers suit also I still say take the nipples off the first suit he wears and you have the best Batman movie costume.
I loved it when it came out and, imo, it was the Batman film we needed after BR turned off alot of the GA. Sorry to those who like BR, but it did turn off alot of the GA back in the early 90s. That said , I find BF really doesn't age that well for me and I find it more annoying especially given what came next and how much better TDK did Two Face. Still though, its a good film for children to start out with as opposed to the Nolan films and B89.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #305
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #306
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~SHH SIX~
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #307
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
The costumes looked far from cheap. You want cheap, check out the B89 costume. Particularly the "armpit" shot XD
I don't know man, maybe it was just the lighting, but the 89 costume looked more like actual body armor to me. To date, that is still my favorite Batman movie costume. The costumes in Batman Forever looked like really well-made Halloween costumes to me.

Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Old 01-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #308
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Nicole Kidman was fiiine too.
Ah, yes she was. She was so hot, I could almost forgive her ridiculous performance in that movie.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #309
Frodo
Side-Kick

I had a crush on Kidman and Hudson Leick from Xena. Elle was also pretty hot back then too though.

90's were the best, you had Elle, Cindy, Christey, Kathy Ireland,Tyra Banks, Peace, and good economy, Barney the dinosaur ...okay well most of it was good.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #310
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I had a crush on Kidman and Hudson Leick from Xena. Elle was also pretty hot back then too though.

90's were the best, you had Elle, Cindy, Christey, Kathy Ireland,Tyra Banks, Peace, and good economy, Barney the dinosaur ...okay well most of it was good.
Don't forget about grunge rock and Arnold movies that were actually worth seeing. Loved the 90s.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #311
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

WANT NOW.

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #312
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I loved it when it came out and, imo, it was the Batman film we needed after BR turned off alot of the GA. Sorry to those who like BR, but it did turn off alot of the GA back in the early 90s. That said , I find BF really doesn't age that well for me and I find it more annoying especially given what came next and how much better TDK did Two Face. Still though, its a good film for children to start out with as opposed to the Nolan films and B89.
See I can't necessarily agree that Dark Knight did Two Face better because to me that wasn't really two face. He looked like Two Face but I don't think he acted like him, there was no split personality there, yeah he used the coin but it was such a throwaway thing in the end. Of course the film is awesome though but I wish they'd have left Two Face for the third one and had him lose his mind.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #313
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

I too wish they would have kept Two-Face alive and had him be one of the big bads in the third movie. Still, I liked what they did with him in TDK. Eckhart was awesome as Dent. My only issue with him was letting the Joker live during the hospital scene. Fractured psyche or not, I still couldn't buy that he wouldn't just shoot him in the head. Dent didn't seem THAT far gone at that point to me.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #314
The Guard
Side-Kick

The BATMAN FOREVER Two-Face hits a little close to home for people, I think, probably thanks to Schumacher's particular flair. But that's a lot of what Two-Face was like originally, especially during the first part of the Silver Age. Both sides of which Tommy Lee Jones played incredibly well. I think some people wouldn't know a good performance if it bit them in the ass.

Back then, he was basically either Harvey Dent or an often-cackling, murderous psychopath, much like The Joker, but with fewer gimmicks, though he did have an obsession with the number two. By the early 90's, Two-Face had gotten a bit more serious (elements of which were reflected in the film), but there's a precedent for the character we saw in FOREVER, with his puns and his over the top dramatics. FOREVER obviously wasn't only based on the modern Batman mythology of the time.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #315
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Don't forget about grunge rock and Arnold movies that were actually worth seeing. Loved the 90s.
Seinfeld!

Quote:
I too wish they would have kept Two-Face alive and had him be one of the big bads in the third movie. Still, I liked what they did with him in TDK. Eckhart was awesome as Dent. My only issue with him was letting the Joker live during the hospital scene. Fractured psyche or not, I still couldn't buy that he wouldn't just shoot him in the head. Dent didn't seem THAT far gone at that point to me.
I'm actually glad they killed him off. If there's a villain I want to see done right, it's the Riddler.

~SHH SIX~
Old 01-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #316
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
The BATMAN FOREVER Two-Face hits a little close to home for people, I think, probably thanks to Schumacher's particular flair. But that's a lot of what Two-Face was like originally, especially during the first part of the Silver Age. Both sides of which Tommy Lee Jones played incredibly well. I think some people wouldn't know a good performance if it bit them in the ass.

Back then, he was basically either Harvey Dent or an often-cackling, murderous psychopath, much like The Joker, but with fewer gimmicks, though he did have an obsession with the number two. By the early 90's, Two-Face had gotten a bit more serious (elements of which were reflected in the film), but there's a precedent for the character we saw in FOREVER, with his puns and his over the top dramatics. FOREVER obviously wasn't only based on the modern Batman mythology of the time.

Yeah, well... I've read a lot of comics with Two-Face in them and he's never been anywhere close to that ridiculous. And as for his performance... he didn't come off like a person who was actually crazy, the way that Heath or Jack did in their interpretations of the Joker. He came off like someone trying to ACT like he was crazy. So no, I don't rate that as a good performance at all. Jones is certainly a good actor and he has shined in plenty of other roles, but that doesn't excuse his excruciating performance in Batman Forever.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #317
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

is it wrong that I'm actually more interested in WW in this film than I am in Superman or Batman??

could it have anything to do with the fact that Gal Gadot is smoking hot??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #318
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
is it wrong that I'm actually more interested in WW in this film than I am in Superman or Batman??

could it have anything to do with the fact that Gal Gadot is smoking hot??
Not really JUST that. It could be, you know, that this is the FIRST CINEMATIC WONDER WOMAN.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #319
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Yeah, well... I've read a lot of comics with Two-Face in them and he's never been anywhere close to that ridiculous. And as for his performance... he didn't come off like a person who was actually crazy, the way that Heath or Jack did in their interpretations of the Joker. He came off like someone trying to ACT like he was crazy. So no, I don't rate that as a good performance at all. Jones is certainly a good actor and he has shined in plenty of other roles, but that doesn't excuse his excruciating performance in Batman Forever.
I still love this scene

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #320
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

To each his own, bro.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #321
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Not really JUST that. It could be, you know, that this is the FIRST CINEMATIC WONDER WOMAN.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #322
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Yeah, I'll give you a moment to figure it out.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #323
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:

You high? Nicole in that movie is FIRE.

Damn SHame about the plastic surgery afterwards, but a marriage with little man Tom Cruise will do that to you.

Elle Macpherson? I wouldn't brake an appointment to meet her...I'd have to already be free.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #324
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
You high? Nicole in that movie is FIRE.

Damn SHame about the plastic surgery afterwards, but a marriage with little man Tom Cruise will do that to you.

Elle Macpherson? I wouldn't brake an appointment to meet her...I'd have to already be free.
Callin' it like I see it, brah.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #325
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Callin' it like I see it, brah.
Shut ya mouth! Yo lucky, C.Lee is on me like a cop watching a black woman walk into Louis Vuitton.

Closed Thread