The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #526
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Default Re: Amazons to be descendent from 20,000 years old kryptonians/another alien race??

I honestly would prefer they don't go that route.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Old 01-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #527
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Re: Amazons to be descendent from 20,000 years old kryptonians/another alien race??

I'm half okay with this. It'd be hard to have more traditional gods like Ares or Zeus though with this kind of origin. Maybe magical Kryptonians? But like others have said, at that point you may as well just give them their regular origin more or less.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #528
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Where is this give from? I know but at the same time I don't.
Grounded For Life, was a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Except that people aren't quoting random SHH posters as legitimate news sources for this movie.
Hahaha yessss

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #529
RAE072
Samhain

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
The only thing I don't like out of this mess is the DKR/Kingdom Come/Batman Beyond thing for this Batman.

Why must we have another semi-retired Batman who's apparently only been Batman for like 10 years? It takes him about 30+ years to officially retire in a lot of the media that features that kinda thing.

It's dumb. And needless.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #530
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The guy has contacts in WBs is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the Batman films.

As for all that he's admitted he purposely put if some false info on WBs behalf. Also he never convinced people Bale would be Batman again all he said was there were talks and only an idiot would not believe that WBs tried to get Bale & Nolan back.
That's why I think they wanted a weary 40 something. To reboot the character, but in a way that is consistent with the tone of the Nolan films, so that they could get Bale back if they had to.

Affleck on Batman: "I donít want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesnít compete with Bale and Christopher Nolan's Batman but still exists within the Batman canon."

Comics canon or movie canon? I am hoping the former.

But TBH, as much as I want Batman lifted from the comics, many people would like an extension of the Nolanverse.

It would have been just THREE years after TDKR, and the "too soon" effect is almost inevitable. To have a Batman that references the Nolan films in style while being in a more fantastical film would provide a good transition point so that there isn't a complete shock of having a completely different Batman.

Having him become more comic-bookish as the team-up/solo films go on would allow a nice development while giving Ben a chance to really 'peak' later on (when many of the non comic fans can finally appreciate it).

Old 01-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #531
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

maybe kara is gaia and dev-em is ares. maybe they boned some humans.

back when momoa's name was brought up i thought that

Old 01-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #532
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Bill "Jett" Ramey said this interesting theory that may be represented on this new universe:
I think this has pretty good potential maybe to be ancient aliens (not necessarily kryptonian) but that pretty much is a good one if you ask me.
You omitted the part of the quote where Jett states he would only bet "monopoly money" on the idea he's advanced here. That, in itself, belies his facade of confidence.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #533
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Total bull. A supremely bad idea to begin with anyway.

*splat*
Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #534
The Guard
Side-Kick

Poor Jett. He wants to matter so badly. But stating the obvious or the likely and then going "Aha, told you so! doesn't hold much water. He's not even good at his "vague scoops". I mean, he just did a Q and A with himself, for goodness sake.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #535
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Oh well the same type of stuff is spewed in this forums also. Not much of a difference actually.
That's true. The key, I think, is to take whatever rumors you're exposed to, regardless of their originating source, with a grain of salt. You can't go wrong that way.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #536
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

This idea is lazy & stupid.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #537
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
How come there is so much animosity for the Jett and El Mayimbe around here? What's the problem? Jealousy?
I've never had a problem with either them myself. I use to be on Jett's board back in the day and I've got no beef with El May. I like also the guys at the other sites like TMT, Screenrant ,AMC Movie Talk, and others as well, so I personally don't take sides .

Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #538
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

El May is a complete troll. I'm unfamiliar with Jett, though, but I'll take your guys' word for it.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 01-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #539
Rorschach2012
$

This is so unbelievably disrespectful to Wonder Woman.

I believe you can't truly be a Wonder Woman fan if you're okay with this idea. Getting rid of the Greek mythology aspect of her origins basically strips the character of anything that made her unique.

It makes her a completely new character.

The fact that Greek gods and monsters would frequently interact with WW is what makes her interesting, getting rid of that part of her character strips her of everything that makes her interesting.

I ****ing hate this idea. It's literally one of the worst, most disrespectful takes there could be on the character.

If you're okay with this idea, you are not a fan of Wonder Woman.

If they go this route, I'll have a lot less faith in Snyder's vision. I don't care at all for this interpretation of WW. It's not even Wonder Woman. It'd be a different character using her same name.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #540
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Remember the rumor that Krypton wasn't going to explode and that Jor-El was going to live?

Zach Snyder and David Goyer wouldn't do this

Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #541
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
Remember the rumor that Krypton wasn't going to explode and that Jor-El was going to live?

Zach Snyder and David Goyer wouldn't do this
I wanna believe this. MOS was pretty damn respectful towards the source material. This would be a huge slap in the face to all the talented people who have helped shape the greatest female superhero.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #542
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Taking away Wonder Woman's Greek Origins would be like taking away Superman's kryptonian ones.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #543
Loki882
Side-Kick

There's no animosity, it's just that their track records are mixed at best. It's hard to take them completely seriously, especially when they won't name their so-called "sources."

Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #544
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

I doubt they even explain Wonder Woman's origin in this film she is going to be a cameo ala Black Widow in IM2 (which wasn't even a cameo) and yet they are gonna explain all of this? I don't see how this can be shown in less than 10 minutes without them just full out saying it. Which no one would do something that dumb.

plus about 50% of this says "i think"/"i believe"

Old 01-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #545
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Well to be fair, nobody is ever going to name their sources.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #546
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I am moving this into the general discussion.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #547
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, I seriously doubt that this is true. Snyder wouldn't be that stupid. It would only further the complaints/fears that some people already have that DC/WB is making Superman look good at the expense of WW. Plus it's just pointless and would severely hamper a potential solo WW movie.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #548
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
maybe kara is gaia and dev-em is ares. maybe they boned some humans.

back when momoa's name was brought up i thought that

I don't like it. I prefer that the alien race is different or respecting the true essence of Wony.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #549
Loki882
Side-Kick

True, but that still doesn't help their credibility. "Sources" could mean the janitor at the WB building that he bumped into that one time for all we know.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #550
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Taking away Wonder Woman's Greek Origins would be like taking away Superman's kryptonian ones.
This. It may even be worse than that, since most of her villains/supporting cast have Greek origins too.

Closed Thread