The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #726
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Someone brought on the Ho!Yay!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #727
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

You are terrible, Smash...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #728
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #729
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I was thinking Joel Schumacher's Wolverine, but I guess that also works.
To be fair to Schumacher, a lot of dumb camp in those movies was WB's fault after the backlash that Batman Returns got from parents. Schumacher wanted to make a darker Batman movie (he specifically mentioned wanting to adapt Year One). Falling Down, the Lost Boys, Phone Booth, Phantom of the Opera, A Time to Kill, etc all show that Schumacher is a pretty diverse filmmaker and that he can make darker and more serious movies. I think that he COULD make a good Wolverine movie if Fox would let him, and they don't seem interested in campy X-Men movies anyway.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #730
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
To be fair to Schumacher, a lot of dumb camp in those movies was WB's fault after the backlash that Batman Returns got from parents. Schumacher wanted to make a darker Batman movie (he specifically mentioned wanting to adapt Year One). Falling Down, the Lost Boys, Phone Booth, Phantom of the Opera, A Time to Kill, etc all show that Schumacher is a pretty diverse filmmaker and that he can make darker and more serious movies. I think that he COULD make a good Wolverine movie if Fox would let him, and they don't seem interested in campy X-Men movies anyway.
Its weird be cause Batman Returns was my favorite Batman movie out of them all.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 01-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #731
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Its weird be cause Batman Returns was my favorite Batman movie out of them all.
It got a lot of back lash...parent groups complained.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #732
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's my least favorite actually (The godawful Clooney abomination doesn't count in my mind). Returns should have been retitled "Burton's freakshow, the movie." It's not even really a batman movie at all.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #733
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Horrible

Old 01-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #734
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
It got a lot of back lash...parent groups complained.
I can see why. It had sex apeal and tons of violence. I still remember Batman tossing Catwoman to one of her deaths and Catwoman killing a guy with an electrified kiss.

Batman Returns - Catwoman Kills Shreck
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #735
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Returns should have been retitled "Burton's freakshow, the movie." It's not even really a batman movie at all.
Watched it when I was a little boy. Didn't feel weird to me, but the giant crab statue in the old zoo freaked me out. I thought it was a frozen monster crab or something

Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #736
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
It's my least favorite actually (The godawful Clooney abomination doesn't count in my mind). Returns should have been retitled "Burton's freakshow, the movie." It's not even really a batman movie at all.
Butt.. Buttt....... Batman's world is a freakshow.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #737
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The CBM film trajectory seems, by virtue of the cost of making them, to always be about following trends. Burton's Bat films influenced almost all CBMs/tv adaptations/parodies for a long time. Then BLADE and X-MEN finally were successful in going off in a more grounded direction that was totally embraced by Nolan. Snyder seems to be treading a path of highly textured versamillitude and high fantasy co-existing. The gestalt sci fi world of Krypton existing in universe with an Earth that is very close to our own mundane reality is proof enough for me. It's why I think Diana will have an origin hailing from the world of magic and myth.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #738
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Butt.. Buttt.......
No, that's not Batman Returns. That's Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. The Burton movies are 100% butt-free

Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #739
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Thumbs up Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The CBM film trajectory seems, by virtue of the cost of making them, to always be about following trends. Burton's Bat films influenced almost all CBMs/tv adaptations/parodies for a long time. Then BLADE and X-MEN finally were successful in going off in a more grounded direction that was totally embraced by Nolan. Snyder seems to be treading a path of highly textured versamillitude and high fantasy co-existing. The gestalt sci fi world of Krypton existing in universe with an Earth that is very close to our own mundane reality is proof enough for me. It's why I think Diana will have an origin hailing from the world of magic and myth.
Someone gets it!

Dats dat.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #740
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It's like the current crop of Marvel Films are liek a throwback to the days of Superman the Movie. Light hearted upbeat movies with a comedic tinge.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #741
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I actually think MARVEL STUDIOS is looking to always capture the feel and tone of Raimi. Sure, things are tailored to a certain degree for each franchise/character, but they for sure like the across the board four quadrant demo appeal Raimi was able to create. I don't feel as though the tone, the feel of Spider-Man 1 and 2 is to far removed from IRON MAN 1-3, Thor 1 & 2, Cap or Avengers. But that's me. You have to admit, given the money Sony made on Spidey before MARVEL got into making movies itself, it's not a bad model to follow.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #742
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

This may have already been posted but Bill Ramey aka Jett from Batman on Film has just been interviewed about BvS - some of his answers are quite reassuring if, like me, you are worried about overcrowding in the film and it basically being a Justice League movie. Not taking it as gospel, obviously, but still...

“Bill, do you think BvS is too crowded? Could it collapse under its own weight?”

JETT SAYS: I’ve learned not to assume a film is “crowded” based on the number of characters included. Was THE DARK KNIGHT or THE DARK KNIGHT RISES too crowded? I’ve been told that BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN – or whatever it ends up being titled – is truly a Superman film. The film’s bad guys are Superman villains and Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel/Clark Kent is the main character. Of course, Batfleck will play a major role in the movie; but I suspect that one of the main reasons for Batman’s inclusion is to establish a new “DCU on Film Batman” and set up future solo Bat-flicks. Same goes for Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman – though I think her role is much smaller than BA’s Batman.

“Jett, are we being misled about this film? Is BvS really a Justice League movie?”

JETT SAYS: Based on all my intel…NOPE. It’s a Superman film – a Superman film that just so happens to include Batman and Wonder Woman – but a Superman film nonetheless.

Full article is here: http://www.batman-on-film.com/BOF-Mailbag_1-1-14.html

Old 01-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #743
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kal-Elle- View Post
This may have already been posted but Bill Ramey aka Jett from Batman on Film has just been interviewed about
I think you gave someone high blood pressure right now

Old 01-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #744
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Talked about and overblown to death within the span of a day.

Dats dat.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #745
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought this was an interesting opinion to have...

Cultural Lessons of 2013: Thor is the new Superman

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #746
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Sorry, but if you are like me and had a grand time at MOS but thought (after LOVING THOR) as THE DARK WORLD ended that you'd just seen one of the lowest quality MARVEL STUDIOS films then that article had nothing of intrest or insight.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #747
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

I didn't care after it said "I don't really care about Superman."

Dats dat.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #748
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Then why write articles about Superman

Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #749
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I thought this was an interesting opinion to have...

Cultural Lessons of 2013: Thor is the new Superman
there were things in mos that left me wanting, but this? it makes me angrier then it really should. **** that guy.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #750
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post

Anyone who start's of like that should not be taken seriously. He clearly doesn't have a clue.

Closed Thread