Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 20

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Agreed. Trank's FF and X-Force seem to be the movies that will lead up to X-Men: Apocalypse. I'm thinking we'll get a release date announcement for X-Force any day now.

Wolverine III looks to be post-Apocalypse.
Apocalypse is coming out in 2016. With FF releasing in 2015, X-Force coming out between those movies doesn't seem probable. What they could do is introduce Mr. Sinster in Apocalypse and spin Sinister off as one of the villains in X-Force.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 22

I can't believe this $1 billion box office crap is still being discussed. DOFP won't make that amount. And to think it won't be successful if it doesn't reach that number is nothing short of idiotic.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.

H.E.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Don't doubt Xmen. Every theater I went in and when the trailer came on, I hear:
"Look, Xmen!"
"Looks great"
And some people even clapped for that trailer. It always gives me goosebumps.

I don't know about 1billion but maybe 700-900mil.

And enough with this money stuff. Please.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Can we talk about the new mutants? Favorite?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
pavlov
Side-Kick

Read my explanation first before you call people who think like me "idiotic".

Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
xrs13
Cold as ice

There isn't one person in this forum that doesnt want DOFP to exceed a billion. But your previous statement about the profit of wolverine and then the profit of dofp is flawed and shows no business knowledge that you seem to be trying to use.

If I make a product that is cheaper but sells lots then the return is going to be a lot more than any product that costs more to make but returns less marginal profit. If it was as simple as you seem to be making out then they would increase the price of ticket sales to make sure they get the exact return.

Of course DOFP isnt going to make 4 times its budget if its budget is 250-300mil. Otherwise every film that is around the 250 mil mark would need to make that. Avatar was a billion dollar film because there were no 3d films out that used the new technology and it wanted to show off. People couldnt care less for anything 3d now because it has been done and most dont even like avatar for anything other than its 3d.

Like 48fps, the hobbit attracted more viewers to see it for that reason but since then people havent thought "thats something new to see" so 48fps isnt all over the place.

It is idiotic to think that just because the film costs 250-300mil that FOX will be expecting such a huge return, they will be hoping for it but there is no way that the future of the franchise is in danger if they dont hit 800mil to a billion. Fox know that the xfranchise has had its bumps and they wont expect the GA to just suddenly think, Oh this is going to be different.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #9
Manic X
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
There isn't one person in this forum that doesnt want DOFP to exceed a billion. But your previous statement about the profit of wolverine and then the profit of dofp is flawed and shows no business knowledge that you seem to be trying to use.

If I make a product that is cheaper but sells lots then the return is going to be a lot more than any product that costs more to make but returns less marginal profit. If it was as simple as you seem to be making out then they would increase the price of ticket sales to make sure they get the exact return.

Of course DOFP isnt going to make 4 times its budget if its budget is 250-300mil. Otherwise every film that is around the 250 mil mark would need to make that. Avatar was a billion dollar film because there were no 3d films out that used the new technology and it wanted to show off. People couldnt care less for anything 3d now because it has been done and most dont even like avatar for anything other than its 3d.

Like 48fps, the hobbit attracted more viewers to see it for that reason but since then people havent thought "thats something new to see" so 48fps isnt all over the place.

It is idiotic to think that just because the film costs 250-300mil that FOX will be expecting such a huge return, they will be hoping for it but there is no way that the future of the franchise is in danger if they dont hit 800mil to a billion. Fox know that the xfranchise has had its bumps and they wont expect the GA to just suddenly think, Oh this is going to be different.
You mean to tell me that if I spend 1 billion to make a movie, I shouldn't expect 4 billion in return????
Whhhhhaaaaaaattttttt?????!!!??????
LOL

Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
pavlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post

I don't agree with your analysis, but guess what? I'm not going to call your idea idiotic. Let me just add that I am still waiting for the part where you exhibit better business knowledge.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #11
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
I don't agree with your analysis, but guess what? I'm not going to call your idea idiotic.

Oh, boo hoo. You're talking about a movie being unsuccessful if it doesn't make $1 billion. That is idiotic. Just because the Avengers made that kind of money, doesn't mean every movie has to and it doesn't mean they're expecting it. Of course we would want it to make that kind of money, but I don't think the X-Men franchise has that kind of pull, yet. We'll see of course, but even if it makes $600M, I don't see anyone calling that a failure.

It's got more pull than, say, John Carter, and it's budget was around the same.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.

H.E.

Last edited by Feenix; 01-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
xrs13
Cold as ice

Im not saying wanting the film to get a billion is idiotic at all, I am saying that the people saying fox are expecting it to and if it doesnt reach it there are going to be problems for the franchise, are.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
pavlov
Side-Kick

Funny I don't recall saying it would be unsuccessful if it didn't reach my projection. Personally I could care less how much DOFP makes as long as I get my fill as a fan with quality action and story telling.

It just so happens that I also want to have large scale DOFP type movies in the future that's why I also view this from the studio's standpoint.

But whatever.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Vote DOFP!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...st-excited-for

They are winning by a mile BTW.

:o
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #15
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Vote DOFP!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...st-excited-for

They are winning by a mile BTW.
Great!!!!! People have faith in xmen again

Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #16
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
You mean to tell me that if I spend 1 billion to make a movie, I shouldn't expect 4 billion in return????
Whhhhhaaaaaaattttttt?????!!!??????
LOL
WTHeck are you talking about?

:o
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #17
rory
Side-Kick

Man, we're arguing about this? Can't we just argue about whether or not the OT took place in the '90s?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
WTHeck are you talking about?
Simple.
If a studio throws more money at a movie, there eventually will be a point of diminishing returns.

Naji or whatever his name is, is arguing that because The Wolverine cost 100 mil and returned 400 mil, that DOFP needs to earn 1 billion because it cost 250 mil.

Thus my joke post of spending 1 billion on a movie and expecting 4 billion in return.

It`s simple sarcasm.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #19
pavlov
Side-Kick

Can we just move on? You can stop ridiculing people for having a different opinion. Let's just agree to disagree like grownups.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #20
archangel7168
Side-Kick

YES!! its so boring talking about how much money it will gross. Lets talk about the film, characters, scenes, etc.

Im curious as to will the sentinals be programmed to track the x-men down to this so called temple in China? And whats the difference between the temple seen with sunpot and bishop stepping out as opposed to when you see storm and wolverine walking up...

Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #21
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I agree that we should take the box office talk to the box office thread.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...455499&page=13

Old 01-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #23
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
OH....MY....GOD.....I agree with I See Spidey on something

Guys....if you want to talk box office...there is a thread for it.

If you want to call other posters idiotic....I will infract or ban you.

Your choice.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Hell has frozen!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
I don't agree with your analysis, but guess what? I'm not going to call your idea idiotic. Let me just add that I am still waiting for the part where you exhibit better business knowledge.
If there's anything this thread is lacking, it's "business knowledge".