Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #51
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Doh Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
I was being serious. Wolvie's little cameo in first class was not enough. Wolverine is the face of this franchise. He needs to be front and center in the xfilms.
No you're not being serious... If you don't are I'm going to have to question your reasoning skills.

:o
Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #52
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
I was being serious. Wolvie's little cameo in first class was not enough. Wolverine is the face of this franchise. He needs to be front and center in the xfilms.
What are you talking about, Wolverine is the main character. And I understand why he wasn't in first class besides a cameo, because he wasn't an xmen yet. Other characters need more screentime though. Some characters are severely underdeveloped. Wolverine doesn't need to be the main character in every xmen movie.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #53
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Simple. If a studio throws more money at a movie, there eventually will be a point of diminishing returns. Naji or whatever his name is, is arguing that because The Wolverine cost 100 mil and returned 400 mil, that DOFP needs to earn 1 billion because it cost 250 mil. Thus my joke post of spending 1 billion on a movie and expecting 4 billion in return. It`s simple sarcasm.
He wants the film to triple and quadruple its budget at the box-office just to be seen as a *success* by Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Wolverine is the most undeveloped character this franchise
Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
. I don't think the future scenes are the only scenes cut down. The past scenes also.
I'm sure they cut scenes in the past too, scenes not making it into the final cut happens all the time. But the deleted scenes of Rogue are probably the most notable deleted scenes and they probably need to do some work now that a couple of scenes are not in the movie anymore.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-03-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #54
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
why do you say 'He' when replying to me?

Lol
I dunno, well I was referring to him. Was my English incorrect there?

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #55
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

No Angamb thought you were referring to them but you weren't.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #56
Angamb
Banned User

no, I thought he was reffering to me

ok, this is starting to be confusing, lol

So lets leave it at that. Its all cool, Teekay! where are u from?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #57
Smooth4LIF
Side-Kick

If a film does "Avengers numbers", then great, but I seriously doubt any studio would be projecting that amount as a reality, regardless of whether or not they spend $100 mil or $250 mil on it. There are so many factors that can alter why a movie does huge numbers, from positive word of mouth, to unexpected results of the competition around it, to great marketing, to being unique among the releases, to repeat showings, to real life drama of the actors/actresses ... all kinds of uncontrollable factors in the equation. And by "real life drama" I'm talking about things like -- for example -- even though TDK was super successful on its own merits, it's obvious that Ledger's sudden and unexpected death brought additional attention to the movie (much like Paul Walker's will likely bring more to the 7th F&F movie). So many things can impact a movie's success, in one way or another. We can't tell.

There is no way to accurately predict what this film will do with it being just under 5 months out at this point, but it would be safe to assume it'll make money based on the history of the franchise (and the general success of most comic book movies over recent years). And if it's going to produce a surplus at all, the already announced X-Men: Apocalypse movie will be there waiting on us with good momentum behind it. It's the potential spin-off movies that are probably in the most danger of being scrapped because of the results of this movie though. That, and whatever they ultimately have planned in creating any type of cinematic universe at Fox outside of the already established X-Men characters.

My two cents on the matter, anyway.

I will admit, whatever trailer is next would be good to show (or at least tease) more of the scale and effects a film with this budget is going to have. I was a big fan of the first trailer, don't get me wrong, and I think most of the "average" movie goers that I personally know had a positive or better reaction to it, but it would serve Fox so tremendously well to show something more about the dystopian future, the imposing nature of the Sentinels, the fear of consequences, a couple of glimpses of action set pieces ... raise that scale a little more on how epic it should appear to be on-screen. The first trailer did show the stakes on some level, and that there are consequences to the path that young Charles and Erik are on, but I'm crossing my fingers that the promotion and marketing in the coming months accurately portrays what we're going to get. I think more than just "fanboys" can enjoy this story; just gotta promote it out in the right kind of way.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #58
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Okay, if most of the story is taking place in the past with the FC actors, then I hope the OT sequences in the present/future are power- and action-heavy. Since the OT actors are in it for a fraction of the time, it would make sense that their scenes are battle-heavy and it would be fitting that this first movie where Singer actually gets loads of money to play with will finally show us how visually stunning the OT characters' powers can be. Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Magneto, Sunspot, Blink... show us your powers!!!

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 01-04-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #59
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I'd guess 2 fairly paced action scenes for the OT, 1st one some will die and another near the end, storm will die I think pretty early on

The OT ain't just there for action, they are there for scenes with older xavier and magneto also to work with the past scenes, infact probably more for future scenes with them

also a chance to see the new mutants fighting sentinels at the start of film (maybe)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-04-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #60
pavlov
Side-Kick

I agree on the heavy action for the Future scenes. But it is important that it sets up the time travel properly. While a narration would be sufficient, I would love to see the actual devastation of the future. I really wouldn't mind seeing mutants lining up in concentration camps as part of the intro, echoing Xmen 1 and XFC's opening.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #61
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised if singer quickly ran through the time travel and the dark future look

Xavier and magneto will likely have the bigger role in the future scenes and a lot of it will be them talking, almost parallel to the past characters

it makes sense from a story telling point of view

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #62
eddy
Side-Kick

If there is not one scene in this movie showing a graveyard full of dead mutants it will be a huge miss.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #63
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
If there is not one scene in this movie showing a graveyard full of dead mutants it will be a huge miss.
I agree with this.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #64
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Probably wouldn't translate on screen the same way it does on the comic

Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #65
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Why not?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #66
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Check out @peterg_TMT. -He read the script

Some account asked if Collosus got some lines/screentime in xmen Dofp?
He replied: " He's barely in the script. I don't even remember seeing one line"

Old 01-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #67
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Sounds like ********. Collossus has had at each one line in the OT.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #68
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Agreed TeeKay. We should revolt!!

Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #69
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I bet he has some lines. Just that guy, read the script and didn't remember him. Maybe he is mostly there for fighting but gets three\two lines. Maybe his screentime is long though due to the fight scene.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #70
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It really depends on this Dark future singer is setting up, we don't know just how alike the comic it will be, I know a lot of things don't get used because they just don't translate that well, the giant sentinels as big as buildings being one of them

Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #71
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I bet he has some lines. Just that guy, read the script and didn't remember him. Maybe he is mostly there for fighting but gets three\two lines. Maybe his screentime is long though due to the fight scene.
He only had like 1 line in X2 and X3, why would that change now?

They know the guy playing him is just there to be silent and look the part I'm pretty sure

Infact I'm not at all surprised he is barely in the script, he is probably there for 1 action scene

Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #72
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Agreed TeeKay. We should revolt!!
Ahead of ya.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #73
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
He only had like 1 line in X2 and X3, why would that change now?

They know the guy playing him is just there to be silent and look the part I'm pretty sure
Why would they bring him back then? Maybe he'll get two lines. Mostly action scenes probably

Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #74
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why would they bring him back then? Maybe he'll get two lines. Mostly action scenes probably
Probably 1 action scene (no idea how big of one), we are all guessing he is killed off early with storm because of the filming schedule they had, that's if we are correct

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-04-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #75
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Probably 1 action scene, we all guessing he is killed off early with storm because of the filming schedule they had, that's if we are correct
Probably He better die with a badass moment. Storm shouldnt die. That means every original xmen from x1 has died except wolverine! Wtf

Closed Thread