The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:55 AM   #101
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I see no reason why the Netflix shows wouldn't be connected to the MCU

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 01-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #102
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I see no reason why the Netflix shows wouldn't be connected to the MCU
But would they be connected to the Avengers or SHIELD? I kinda hope for light references at best. Build a bigger universe, everything relating back to Avengers would make the world seem small to me.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:13 AM   #103
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

In terms of characters, I think it would be rather standalone with maybe some references to the Battle of New York and whatever happens in Age of Ultron. but from what people are saying here it seems some don't want it to be set in the MCU at all

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #104
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Yea, there's a difference between "existing in the MCU" and "ok, there needs to be an Avengers reference every 2 minutes". I'm pretty sure that with respect to the Netfilx shows, the former is given. But that doesn't mean that they'll have to go out of the way to reference anything and everything Avengers/SHIELD related at every opportunity.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #105
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yea, there's a difference between "existing in the MCU" and "ok, there needs to be an Avengers reference every 2 minutes". I'm pretty sure that with respect to the Netfilx shows, the former is given. But that doesn't mean that they'll have to go out of the way to reference anything and everything Avengers/SHIELD related at every opportunity.
Yeah, Daredevil, the HFH, and Jessica Jones existed completely independently of the Avengers (pre-Bendis). Similarly, the street level heroes will likely exist in the same film universe, but they'll handle a much lower level of bad guy, just like in the comics. If they were just going to go with Bendis' New Avengers route, why wouldn't they just introduce them in the Avengers movie franchise?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #106
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
True, you can't compare both costumes since neither have been shown.
That's not what I meant.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #107
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure that the Netflix shows will be set in the MCU, but that they'll also be pretty self-contained. AOS seemingly references the Avengers or the greater MCU every five minutes, it's constant. I seriously doubt that the Netflix shows will do that, the references will be there, but much less frequently. I do think that they may crossover with each other, even before the Defenders show. For instance, Luke Cage might pop up in a episode or two of Iron Fist's show and vice versa, to establish their friendship. Luke might also appear in Jessica Jones's show, or she in his, in order to establish that relationship, and some of them might appear in Daredevil's show as well. They might face some of the same villains as well. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Netflix shows will be much darker, gritty, and more "adult," simply because of the characters that they chose and the fact that they're on Netflix (where you can get away with more stuff).

Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #108
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think the main connection they could use is "SHIELD providing someone to deliver the odd defeated supervillain to". I wouldn't mind if there were a recurring character across the shows that is basically "SHIELD NYC liason" or somesuch, basically the contact guy any of these heroes would speak to when they need to try and get the metaphorical Feds involved. However, that wouldn't and shouldn't be a regular character.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #109
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
I like the Quicksilver look myself, particularily in the 70's. Could be in the NY Dolls.

Good call!

Old 01-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #110
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Please can we not put 'MCU' and 'Bendis' in the same sentence?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #111
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Oooh imagine an entire film in BendisSpeak!

So, Thor.

Yeah?

You got a magic hammer.

Yeah.

Looks heavy.

It's not, really.

Can I see it?

No.

Why?

You won't be able to lift it.

Really?

Yeah.

Why not?

It's too heavy.

But I thought you said...?

I did.

etc etc.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #112
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Interesting thoughts:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #113
Gifford
Side-Kick

El Mayimbe posted on his Twitter...

Quote:
Because you folks were so cool to me today, here is a free cool AVENGERS 2 tidbit: BRUCE BANNER/THE HULK is actively dating. @Marvel RT
Please tell me we get to see Liv Tyler as Betty again.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
But would they be connected to the Avengers or SHIELD? I kinda hope for light references at best. Build a bigger universe, everything relating back to Avengers would make the world seem small to me.
Here is how the Netflix heroes would connect to the MCU without SHIELD and only light references to the Avengers.

- Introduce Jennifer Walters as the attorney opposing Matt Murdoch. Mention her cousin is Bruce Banner but that is it. It's before she becomes She Hulk.
- Misty Knight introduced in Iron Fist right after she gets her bionic arm, made of vibranium by Tony Stark (or at least Stark Industries).

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #115
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
That's one of my problems with AOS, the constant references to Avengers and/or name drops etc. We get it, we know they share the same universe. We don't need to be reminded every other minute.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #116
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Here is how the Netflix heroes would connect to the MCU without SHIELD and only light references to the Avengers.

- Introduce Jennifer Walters as the attorney opposing Matt Murdoch. Mention her cousin is Bruce Banner but that is it. It's before she becomes She Hulk.
- Misty Knight introduced in Iron Fist right after she gets her bionic arm, made of vibranium by Tony Stark (or at least Stark Industries).
A third way to connect the Netflix heroes to the MCU without using SHIELD or Avengers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #117
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
El Mayimbe posted on his Twitter...

Please tell me we get to see Liv Tyler as Betty again.
Could we please stop posting El Maybe "news"

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #118
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Please can we not put 'MCU' and 'Bendis' in the same sentence?
Considering that Bendis wrote one of the greatest and most acclaimed Daredevil runs ever, invented Jessica Jones and made her an interesting character in Alias, and made Luke Cage into an A-list character in the MU, I see know reason why he shouldn't be involved in the Netflix stuff. In fact, I WANT him to be involved.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #119
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
A third way to connect the Netflix heroes to the MCU without using SHIELD or Avengers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Or you could introduce the Punisher and mention that he's wanted by SHIELD in passing.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #120
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

I want to see Jennifer Lawrence in the MCU! If not will X-Men-Avengers crossover movie then why not get she a MCU role?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #121
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or you could introduce the Punisher and mention that he's wanted by SHIELD in passing.
I'm not sure that would make sense. SHIELD doesn't overly care about ordinary crime. I could maybe see SHIELD keeping an eye on him for possible use as an unattributable asset, though.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #122
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Could we please stop posting El Maybe "news"
Eh, maybe.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #123
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Eh, maybe.

Dats it!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #124
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'm hoping the Avengers/SHIELD aren't shoved down the audiences' throats in the shows themselves, but I definitely see Luke, Iron Fist, Jessica & Daredevil being in Avengers 3 (if it has Thanos). The Avengers are going to need everyone possible to try & defeat the Mad Titan, even the little guys.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #125
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I don't know, the way SHIELD has been depicted in the MCU so far, it doesn't really make much sense for them to not have every super powered person on their radar. but I guess I would make sense for the heroes themselves to not work with them.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Closed Thread