Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #76
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah, I think progress should be made. I think men tend to create the corporate ladder, which tilts the balance in an unfair way.

On a different note: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-a-fir...llege-degrees/
I agree and that was a great article. Thanks for that.

Hopefully things like this are a start in correcting these pay imbalances.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #77
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
That accent in Alexander... YEEESSSSHHHH.

But then again it may run in the family. When Voight did that accent in ANACONDA... Well let me put it this way, I am a Hispanic American that does not speak a lick of Spanish or have an accent. Yet when I do an impression of Voight doing his bad Spanish accent, I'M STILL DOING A BETTER ACCENT THEN WHAT HE DID IN THAT MOVIE.

In the cases of both Vioght and Jolie, I couldn't even figure out what accent they were trying to do. It's like they just invented one and went with it. I think Jolie can be a good actress when she wants to be, but she phones it in sometimes too.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 AM   #78
regwec
Shakespearo

I think it was that kind of all purpose "exotic" accent that Bond girls used to use in the 60s, which passed for everything from Japanese to Jamaican.

Terrible though it was, it was slightly less jarring that Colin Farrell's "Oirish" Alexander.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 AM   #79
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
In the cases of both Vioght and Jolie, I couldn't even figure out what accent they were trying to do. It's like they just invented one and went with it. I think Jolie can be a good actress when she wants to be, but she phones it in sometimes too.
Well... For Alexander wasn't the scuttlebutt that Colin and her were "working" on each other more than their parts? (Or maybe they were working on "each other's" parts, so to speak )

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #80
MrsKent26
Whatever.

He was a terrible Alexander for many reasons. So disappointed in that movie. It's unfortunate when a movie with such rich and exciting source material goes awry.

Not that Alexander has anything to do with WW's costume, lol.

And yes, krypton, that was the scuttlebutt.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #81
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Yeah her accents are always terrible Even in Beowulf she had that same designable inaudible speech pattern. And this is coming from a fan of hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #82
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't think they should use this costume (although I love it in the comics); I just wanted to post this awesome picture from Superman/Wonder Woman #5.

Tony Daniel's WW really reminds me of Gal Gadot as well.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-07-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #83
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Not fond of the costume, but that is a lovely and peaceful image.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #84
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

And does really accentuates the belief that it looks like a bathing suit.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #85
geetard
ULLLTIMATE WARRRRIOR!

An armoured bathing suit!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #86
LaughingMage
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
No, man. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about. Just no. I'm not gonna pm you because there's no point. You just don't get it. You say you don't believe in things, but you have no idea what those things are even about. How can you not believe in stuff you don't understand? We can just end our discussion and perhaps you can do some research and talk to a few women.
Ah yes, the tried and true "elite few" fallacy. One of the preferred method of dogmatists. No, you can't criticise the tenets of my belief because you just don't get the “true” meaning behind them. I do know exactly what those “things”, as you put it, are about. I have read enough Feminist Theory during College and you know what? I simply was not convinced. It's a one-sided, oversimplified view of complex social dynamics creating a distorted narrative. It's pervasive in academia but so was Marxist Theory once. Just as every kind of social dynamics where viewed through the lenses of "Klassenkampf", Feminist Theory views everything through their "Patriarchy" goggles and it really leads to rather comical results from time to time. Want an example? google “Schroedinger's Rapist”.

Am I Anti-Feminist? I'm an Equallist. I believe that women should have the same rights, privileges and responsibilities as a man. But that doesn't mean I buy Feminist Theory hook, line and sinker. Do Feminists have valid points? Sure, some of their points are valid that doesn't change the issue that Feminist Theory is still problematic, one-sided and can and should be contested.

Oh and you really don't wanna know what women I have talked to say about Feminists. You think I am harsh? You should have heard some of the things they say about the whole shebang.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #87
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe 57s Gal Gadot's WONDER WOMAN outfit will consist of ARMOR. Not the Lynda Carter itty bitty outfit. I hear it looks dope. RT & embed!
I can't stand that ****.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #88
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

How dare you take a slight at El Maybe and his brilliant tweeting habbits.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #89
dnno1
Side-Kick

This is going to be more than a cameo.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #90
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I sure hope so. The more the WW, the better.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #91
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingMage View Post
Ah yes, the tried and true "elite few" fallacy. One of the preferred method of dogmatists. No, you can't criticise the tenets of my belief because you just don't get the “true” meaning behind them. I do know exactly what those “things”, as you put it, are about. I have read enough Feminist Theory during College and you know what? I simply was not convinced. It's a one-sided, oversimplified view of complex social dynamics creating a distorted narrative. It's pervasive in academia but so was Marxist Theory once. Just as every kind of social dynamics where viewed through the lenses of "Klassenkampf", Feminist Theory views everything through their "Patriarchy" goggles and it really leads to rather comical results from time to time. Want an example? google “Schroedinger's Rapist”.

Am I Anti-Feminist? I'm an Equallist. I believe that women should have the same rights, privileges and responsibilities as a man. But that doesn't mean I buy Feminist Theory hook, line and sinker. Do Feminists have valid points? Sure, some of their points are valid that doesn't change the issue that Feminist Theory is still problematic, one-sided and can and should be contested.

Oh and you really don't wanna know what women I have talked to say about Feminists. You think I am harsh? You should have heard some of the things they say about the whole shebang.
*sigh*

You just keep contradicting yourself. You don't want to talk about this anymore, but here you are. "Elite few fallacy?" What does that event mean?

And you don't understand feminism. Feminists don't view anything through "partiarchy googles" because they are opposed the patriarchy. And you may have read about it, but you do not understand it. And you keep telling me you aren't convinced. Guess what? I don't care. Feminism and its theories are based on lived experiences of an oppressed group. If you aren't convinced, it's because you aren't listening to what people from that group tell you. I'm not going to google anything. I live this every day.

And you are an anti-feminist. You just told me you are. You said point blank you don't "buy" feminism. You don't believe in it. And what you call an "equalist" is exactly what feminism is. It's exactly that. So you either don't believe in feminism and are therefore an anti-feminist, or you are a feminist if you truly believe in what you call components of an "equalist." Which is it? I don't think you know. Because you think feminism is something that it isn't.

Yes, feminists have valid points. The point being that women are people and should be treated as such.

And I don't want to hear what these women you may or may not have spoken to say. If they sound anything like you (and I don't believe you talk to any women about feminism at all), they don't understand feminism, either. Women can miss the point of it too. There is a wide-spread misconception that it is about "man-hating."

And lastly, I don't think you are being harsh at all. What you say doesn't hurt me. I just think you're very ignorant. And there's no reason for me to keep bothering with this. And unlike you, I actually mean this: This is all I have to say to you about this topic.

It's time to move on. Have a nice day, no hard feelings, etc.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #92
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Of course it's more than a cameo...she'd under going fight training and weapon training.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #93
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Okay, just going after the regular armor-costume discussion instead of the giant argument that refused to end....

I really do love the color pallet for the New 52 costume, but yeah, Tony Daniel drawing that panel makes it look pretty clearly like a fancy bathing suit. So I'm with the people who want a battle skirt, particularly if they can work in those ancient Grecian coin designs for the stars that were shown on the last few pages.

The Injustice game has two designs for Wonder Woman which I'd say have the correct elements but still showcase some problems. The Evil!Wonder Woman costume has a battle skirt and a more armor, but it's clearly designed to be a stereotypically "evil hot chick" costume; I mean c'mon, she's both wearing more armor than her counterpart and showing off more skin and cleavage. The Good!Wonder Woman has a better looking breast plate, one that actually does look armored and still showcases her feminine form without being overly stripperific, but kind of lacks some luster.

To me, someone needs to try the look of a muscled cuirass in a design just to see if that's a good blend of the old-fashioned spandex look with armor. It's basically what she has in that golden armored comic picture, so just color part of it red, throw in a battle skirt and see how that looks.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #94
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

The climax will take place at a fancy ball where Diana gets into action and reveals her suit by ripping off her dress.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #95
roach
I am the night

or maybe the big fight will be at a beach

Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #96
Loki882
Side-Kick

That art is fantastic, and Diana does look gorgeous. However, it does lend further credence to the "WW's costume is a glorified swimsuit" argument. Heck she's even standing on a beach.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #97
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

nothing more.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #98
roach
I am the night

very unremarkable

Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #99
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
The climax will take place at a fancy ball where Diana gets into action and reveals her suit by ripping off her dress.
Inb4

You get what I mean...

Old 01-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #100
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Of course it's more than a cameo...she'd under going fight training and weapon training.

has she been tweeting about it?

Closed Thread